It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Screws Up Again...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Bush Seeks Ideas for Cuban Regime Change

WASHINGTON - Eager to please a key Florida constituency, President Bush directed his secretary of state and his Cuban-born housing secretary Friday to recommend ways to achieve a transition to democracy in Cuba after 44 years under Fidel Castro.

Secretary of State Colin Powell and Housing Secretary Mel Martinez will chair a panel that will "plan for the happy day when Castro's regime is no more and democracy comes to the island," Bush said during a Rose Garden ceremony.

"The transition to freedom will present many challenges to the Cuban people and to America, and we will be prepared," the president said.

news.yahoo.com.../ap/20031010/ap_on_go_pr_wh/us_cuba_6&printer=1

When does it stop????????

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 02:14 PM
link   
This amounts to nothing more than further mis-interpreting of what Bush actually said and news reporting period!

Again, I don't particularly give a rat's-ass about Bush but the media's abilities to "twist" and "word play" news headlines is sickening and repugnant!!

He, and others, were doing nothing more than making a "public" committment to the policies that already exists and seeking advice on what to do when Castro is gone. This is a far cry from the "Bush Seeks Regime Change in Cuba"! This does nothing but encourage and spread the liberal views of those that hate this administration, and in further comparing him to an imperilaist and war-monger.....geezus...sounds like the samething that the Democracks are spewing........

One things for sure.....the people of Cuba will be far better off..........with Castro gone.

regards
seekerof

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I did find it strange that the same day Bush is talkin Cuba, there was 4.4 earthquake...

I can't remember the last time there was an earthquake in Cuba..?

seismo.ethz.ch...

posted on Oct, 11 2003 @ 01:32 AM
link   
The Bible spoke of this....

posted on Oct, 11 2003 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Colonel,

I sure hope you don't tune into the VanImpe broadcasts..

posted on Oct, 11 2003 @ 01:36 AM
link   
seekerof,

my brothers have been in the cuban countryside and they say the poverty is scary.

a candle is hard to come by in places.

a piece of screen to cover a window is a valuable commodity.

they don't know what a CD player is, never seen or heard of one?

yeah Castro what a frickin paradise!

posted on Oct, 11 2003 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Kukla: I don't tune into the Imp because he's a charlatan as with the rest of them.

top topics

join