It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The loch ness monster was an elephant?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 09:09 AM
link   
i have read recently in the Times news paper that, nessie was infact an elephant swiming under water, around 1825 there was a circus in the area and the ring master wanted to bring in costumers, so he sent out a elephant to pretend to be a serpent.

link

www.kimwoodbridge.com...

(mod edit to reduce long url to a shorter link)

[edit on 25-4-2006 by pantha]

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Yeah, heard about this on the radio. Difficult to tell if the guy is being serious or not. How this fits in with various other sightings since then I'm not so sure???

Has every sighting in the last eighty years been either a hoax or the product of an over active imagination? Or did the circus owner leave the elephant behind?

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I remember when I first saw this video clip of a lake monster a while back, people were thinking that it looked like it might be a giant squid sufacing but I always thought it looked like the top of a elephants head. I finally found the clip again, here it is::

Van Lake Monster

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 01:16 PM
link   
This doesnt explain how someone from Bible times (can't remember who yet) saw it.

EDIT: Heres the story from wikipedia

The earliest evidence is taken from the Life of St. Columba by Adamnan. It describes how in 565 Columba saved the life of a Pict, who was being supposedly attacked by the monster. Adamnan describes the event as follows:

"...(He) raised his holy hand, while all the rest, brethren as well as strangers, were stupefied with terror, and, invoking the name of God, formed the saving sign of the cross in the air, and commanded the ferocious monster, saying, "Thou shalt go no further, nor touch the man; go back with all speed." Then at the voice of the saint, the monster was terrified, and fled more quickly than if it had been pulled back with ropes, though it had just got so near to Lugne, as he swam, that there was not more than the length of a spear-staff between the man and the beast. Then the brethren seeing that the monster had gone back, and that their comrade Lugne returned to them in the boat safe and sound, were struck with admiration, and gave glory to God in the blessed man. And even the barbarous heathens, who were present, were forced by the greatness of this miracle, which they themselves had seen, to magnify the God of the Christians".

[edit on 23-3-2006 by JackofBlades]

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   
riiiiight an elephant is swimming in the middle of a lake hundreds of meters deep only coming out at night to feed. that was a good one almost had me there!

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I was just commenting on the video clip this thread reminded me of. This elephant thing is just a possible theory of how the sightings started. I've never seen anything that has convinced me that nessie exists. Doesn't mean it doesn't though.

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Hope that nobody thinks that the Times is a credible news source after they print garbage like that. If the writer of that story spent 10 minutes on the web they would have realized how ridiculous it was to print it.

Just to think they call these guys pro's and they pay them lots of money too.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Man that Elephent must be getting old by now,maybe it breeded with a lake fish and created the Loch Ness Monster

Their are still sightings these days,how old do Elephents live for?

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Loch Ness! In my headspace this overexposed myth is nothing more than tourist bait which is approved by the Scottish Tourist Board. With all todays modern technology surely if anything anomalous exists in this outsized body of water it would have been found by now.
Move on and accept it folks, if nessie didn't exist I'm sure the relevant tourist authority would perpetrate a myth that would continue their much needed revenue from vistors,the scientific community and hobbiest cryptozoologists fat and wide.
I rest my case

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Loch Ness Monster has been seen for hundreds of years, I for one have seen it about 3 years ago and there was not one circus lorry in sight

[edit on 28/3/06 by ramsay]

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Interesting that it is overlooked that all imitations are based on something.

I mean to imitate a sea-serpent or some dweller of the loch, implyes that they are copying something. Can't be a fake without an origonal.

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I'm sorry but theres just no way! Possibly this happend once if somebody took thier pet elephant for a swim in the lochness?
Otherwise, elephants dont even inhabit that area, and certainly cant swim deep underwater. Besides, the report would not have been of a serpant, because the elephant's trunk would have been protruding from the water for air, making a different appearance.

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 02:38 PM
link   
to be fair to Dr. Clark , he only claims elephants as an possible answer to the 1930s spate of sightinfs . and further is on record as stating he believes " there is something alive in the loch "

so please ignore the sensationalist hype of the tabloids , and look more closely at what Scotlands fore most palaeontologist actually said .

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Lochness is huge i went there 2002 and got footage around 45sec of somthing on lochness.
Then on the 4 april 2006 i took footage of somthing again what it is in both i do not have a clue but can say there is some strange phenomena if not a monster in lochness.
You can view clips of footage and all the head shots from 2002 at

lsufos...

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 04:19 PM
link   
whhhhaaaa ????

quote : " lsufos... "

is that a file on your net work drive ??

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 04:25 PM
link   
sorry about that.

lsufos.com...

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Well some pictures from the april 4 2006 are just from clip view bottom of pictures are from another part of the footage with two enhaced views.

lsufos.com...

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 05:18 PM
link   
That link still doesnt work
. I think it may be a server on your network?

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Works for me.

If that is real its some pretty good work. I'm thinking of going up to the Loch after I finish college. What time of the year did you go?

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Both 2002/2006 where both april i am going go back every few weeks this year stay for two or three days.
its real

you should and see the loch do a bit hunting.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join