It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lasers in Atlantis

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Only those who are willing to look at everything objectively will find the truth about anything

There are facets to ALL religious text which point to actual historical events. Simply dismissing them out of prejudice limits one's research to the most common form of popular tripe - which I prefer to avoid.

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paul_Richard
Only those who are willing to look at everything objectively will find the truth about anything

There are facets to ALL religious text which point to actual historical events. Simply dismissing them out of prejudice limits one's research to the most common form of popular tripe - which I prefer to avoid.

I'm sorry, I've never seen any mention of atlantis from the egyptians nor vedic text's... What are your source's? Can you please provide links to any particular egyptian steles, such as something similar to the Tempest Stele or any papyrus scrolls like the book of the dead? Surely there must be something up online that we can look at.

Also, relevent passage's from an authenticated translation of the Mahabharata (or any of the other vedic text's), preferably something from a .edu site rather then a "oh snap! Way cool, ancient ufo's!" website.

Would really be quiet helpfull.

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 01:20 PM
link   

It is important to think outside the box and not just take Plato’s account of Atlantis as the only one of merit. Historians who elevate Plato as the end-all authority on Atlantis have not investigated the ancient texts of India, which are older and more accurate because they explain direct relations with ancient cultures, not just hearsay about them told in oral tradition centuries later.

The following is an excerpt from this Thoth newsletter:

Ancient City Found In India Irradiated By Nuclear Blast 8,000
Years Ago

Radiation still so intense, the area is highly dangerous

A heavy layer of radioactive ash in Rajasthan, India, covers a
three-square mile area, ten miles west of Jodhpur. Scientists are
investigating the site, where a housing development was being
built.....
[edit on 24-3-2006 by Paul_Richard]

Paul,
I had decided to come back and address this part of your mythos later, as I have done some digging into this (and other) stories out of India. So I'm addressing it here.

First of all, anytime I'm given a link with the word "Thoth" in it, I'm appreciative, being fond of humor myself! But I went to your newsletter page. And imagine my surprise at finding this text there which you (apparently) forgot to include:

MARK KORSKY SAID:
One reason I find this possibility incredible is the extensive infrastructure required to create nuclear weapons, and the
intense contamination caused by nuclear reactors, chemical plants
(for making conventional explosives), electronics factories, etc.
As far as I know, no evidence of such ancient toxic sites exists.
And the nuclear explanation cannot account for the "fighting sky
chariots," or the imagery of lightning bolts. (As we know too
well, nukes are more like "balls of fire.")

This Mark Korsky fellow is the same individual that posted the original article that you quoted.
The problem that I see with every single participant in the discussion at that webpage is that not a single one of them questions the facts of the story itself. They all assume it's true and try to imagine what could have caused it.

Now, regarding the story itself, it seems that the original source of this story is a post made to Keelynet in 1992 (according to this source.) Which is odd, to me, because at the Keelynet Website, they claim to be celebrating only their tenth year on the web, and their archives only go back to 1996. But, I don't know their history, and it's possible that keelynet first obtained the story as a print article, I don't know.
Anyway, I wish to quote from the first site I linked above:

The single source of this story seems to be a post on March 8, 1992 to KeelyNet. Rajasthan and Jodhpur are real cities. The problem is, "World Island Review" does not seem to exist. Sri Kisari Mohan Ganguli was probably a real person as he is referenced in many places as a translator of the Mahabharata. According to one person on Amazon.com, "The third translation, and the only complete one I have, is that by Kisari Mohan Ganguli, published between 1883-1896." If that is correct, 96 years would have passed since Ganguli translated the Mahabharata and the story was written. The story claims that "Historian Kisari Mohan Ganguli says that Indian sacred writings are full of such descriptions, which sound like an atomic blast as experienced in Hiroshima and Nagasaki." The word "says"-- present tense--makes it seem like Ganguli was recently consulted. Instead, it is most likely that he was a long dead in 1992. "Archeologist Francis Taylor" does not connect with any real person in my brief search. Reasonable doubt: This story could be a hoax that spread simply because it supports people's preexisting beliefs.

As an example to illustrate the basic validity of the above quote, here is a quote from Rense concerning this story:

Rense.com

Ancient City Found In India
Irradiated By Nuclear Blast
8,000 Years Ago...
www.isleofavalon.co.uk...
This file shared with KeelyNet courtesy of Bryant Stavely.
Excerpt from the World Island Review, January 1992.
9-10-00
(source: Rense)
Note the mention of Keelynet, as well as the reference "World Island Review." Like the author of the frst quote above, I can find no evidence at all of the existence, now or in times past, of any publication titled "World Island Review." But if you click on this Google Search I ran on the words, you'll see that, while it may not exist, there are certainly a large number of people that believe it does!

Additionally, the first quote I provided above talks about Sri Kisari Mohan Ganguli. Let me quote the portion about this man from the Rense story:

Historian Kisari Mohan Ganguli says that Indian sacred writings are full of such descriptions, which sound like an atomic blast as experienced in Hiroshima and Nagasaki. He says references mention fighting sky chariots and final weapons. An ancient battle is described in the Drona Parva, a section of the Mahabharata. "The passage tells of combat where explosions of final weapons decimate entire armies, causing crowds of warriors with steeds and elephants and weapons to be carried away as if they were dry leaves of trees," says Ganguli.
"Instead of mushroom clouds, the writer describes a perpendicular explosion with its billowing smoke clouds as consecutive openings of giant parasols. There are comments about the contamination of food and people's hair falling out."
(My emphasis)
I find the above comments quite striking, considering Ganguli, one of the translators of the Mahabarata (scroll down to the references at page bottom), published his translation in the late 1800's. It's truly amazing that he was available for an interview and was describing mushroom clouds as late as 1992.
Now we turn our attention to "Archaeologist Francis Taylor." The author of the article in my first quote states that "Archeologist (sic) Francis Taylor does not connect with any real person in my brief search." As you will see, my own search for this man was somewhat less brief. But first let's see what the "Ancient Irradiated City" article (again, from Rense) has to say about him:

Archeologist Francis Taylor says that etchings in some nearby temples he has managed to translate suggest that they prayed to be spared from the great light that was coming to lay ruin to the city. "It's so mid-boggling to imagine that some civilization had nuclear technology before we did. The radioactive ash adds credibility to the ancient Indian records that describe atomic warfare."

In this Google search, I was able to turn up two possibilities on the first page (I've found that in these kinds of matters, there's no need to look past the first page at google, as long as you have your preferences set to 50 returns per page.) The first, a Francis Taylor from England, is the Stonehenge Representative to a British group dedicated to the preservation and study of Britain's archaeological sites - The Council for British Archaeology. Here's a quote from their website:

The Council for British Archaeology was formed in 1944 and is a national organisation which works to advance the study and care of Britain's historic environment, and to improve public awareness of Britain's past. It brings together those for whom archaeology is an interest, an active pastime, or a career. It campaigns for your heritage, promotes archaeology in education, encourages participation in archaeological activities and provides information. It also supports local, regional and national archaeological societies and works with other bodies in environmental conservation.

Mr.(I assume - I mean Francis is also a woman's name) Taylor's name appears on this page of the CBA's website, which lists their "committee."

Additionally, on the same page of the same Google Search, I found reference to another Francis Taylor, apparently a museum curator:

The first question is whether a Francis Taylor existed. There is a Francis Taylor, an American museum director, who died in 1957. He was not an archaeologist. There is a “Franciscio Taylor”, but he is not the above quoted Francis Taylor.
Source: Best Evidence?
That site is pro-ancient atomic warfare, by the way. You should read it.

So, it's doubtful, at least in my mind, that any archaeologist named Francis Taylor ever existed, or if one did, he was not involved in some radioactive ancient ruins in India, and he apparently wasn't well known nor has he published anything that is referenced anywhere on the internet (not very likely.)

So, what of the story? Is there any validity at all to it? Possibly. Look at what I was able to turn up:

The USSR is known to have carried out tests at several locations, primarily in the Ural Mountains, and at Novaya Zemilya and Semipalatinsk. French testing has been in Algeria and the Tuamotu Islands in the Pacific, while the People’s Republic of China has limited their testing to the Loop Nor area in northern China. India has conducted its test in the Rajasthan Desert on the Indian subcontinent.
(My emphasis) Source: This is an HTML version of a PDF file so the link might be wierd.
Also:

Problems at Rajasthan, Madras, and others
India's much-touted, three-stage nuclear program began at the Rajasthan power station with two reactors built with Canadian assistance. The first unit went critical in 1972, and the second in 1980, but because of various technical problems neither unit worked at its installed capacity. A major crack in the end shield of the first reactor's core forced the NPC to shut it down for several years in the 1980s. The second unit also faced many problems caused by tube leakage. It has spent one-third of its lifetime in shutdown and repairs. It was restored last year after the much-publicized replacement of 306 coolant channels.
Another deficiency in the Rajasthan and Madras reactors is the absence of a high-pressure emergency-core cooling system for avoiding core meltdown in the case of a loss-of-coolant accident. No pressurized heavy-water reactor in the world operates with as "obsolete and unsafe" testing as at Rajasthan and Madras, observed Gopalakrishnan.
Flooding has also been a concern at various sites. For example, in June 1994 flood waters entered the condenser pit and the turbine building basements in the Kakrapar Atomic Power Station because sealing arrangements were not provided to prevent water from getting through the cable trenches and valve pits. Similar flooding occurred twice at Rajasthan, in 1976 and 1982, caused by the same construction error.
(My emphasis) Source -
The Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists

And also:

BEFORE dawn on 11 May, a seismograph in a research institute outside Washington DC recorded a disturbance deep in the Earth on the other side of the world. Over 'the next feiv minutes, dozens of other seismographs all over the planet recorded the same event and transmitted their data automatically to the institute-the prototype International Data Center (pIDC). A computer analysed the signals and gave its interpretation: an "event" of magnitude 5.0 on the Richter scale under Rajasthan in India. Later that morning, seismologists at the pIDC studied the signals and recognised the event as a nuclear test.
(My emphasis)
Lastly, from the pro ancient atomic warefare site I quoted above somewhere in this rather long post:

Sceptics have also wondered whether the ancient atomic warfare is not a modern invention, to deflect attention from a serious – modern – atomic contamination. In 1998, it was reported that an Indian power stations had some major problems. One had an incident in which 2000 workers became exposed to excess radiation, 300 of which had to be hospitalised.

Surendra Gadekar also investigated the conditions of villagers at Rawatbhatta in Rajasthan and discovered gross radiation-related deformities. We note that Rawatbhatta is in the same region as the discovery of the “ancient warfare” site. But Gadekar did not find evidence of ancient warfare, but evidence of modern negligence: wood that had been used in the power plant, had then “somehow” made his way into society, where it was subsequently used as wood for a fire. This in itself was a minor incident, but could there have been more serious incidents, whereby it was decided to deflect attention from the present to the ancient past?

We thus find that there no newspapers carried the story of the discovery. The Indian archaeological authorities are not aware of the story. And there is a government laboratory in Jodhpur, Rajasthan. Might something have gone wrong in the latter?
Source, again - Best Evidence?

You can find nuclear information regarding Rajasthan literally all over the internet. You can find enough to keep you busy reading for years. Yet, when you try to find out about this "Ancient Irradiated City," almost every single one of the thousands of websites that carry this story contain only word-for-word copies of this one Neelynet story that I've linked you to here (from Rense.) Ask yourself, why should this be? Be honest.

Harte

[edit on 3/25/2006 by Harte]

[edit on 3/25/2006 by Harte]

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I'm working on a theory, currently, that the Atlanteans were ante-diluvian, perhaps even pre-adamic, and only existed in Plato's remembrance as an ancient oral history. After reading the writings of "Dake", I'm fairly convinced that there was a pre-adamic race on Earth. The interesting part of his theory is that this pre-adamic race was one of the angelic races, and he uses several biblical verses to back up his claim. The angels were put threw similar trials as we have been. Their civilization reached a crescendo as well, both technologically and scientifically, the heighth of which resulted in an ice age.

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Undo,

I agree with the antediluvian timeframe of the Atlantean civilization.

What constitutes an angelic race?

Also, if you could provide a link to Dake that would be helpful.

Thanks.

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Prot0n
I'm sorry, I've never seen any mention of atlantis from the egyptians nor vedic text's...

Have you even read the Vedic or Egyptian texts?

The best way is to just Google a search. It is truly amazing what can now be found relatively quickly on the Net.

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Yes, I have done some google search's and I can't find any reputable sources. Could you list a few egyptian text's that talk of atlantis. I've also had no luck in finding reputable source's showing that the vedic text's also talk of atlantis, or any highly advanced technologies. It also seem's odd that these highly advanced civilizations who developed nuclear weapons have left behind no trace's of the advanced cities they lived in or labs or factories or anything of this sort.

If you could provide the specific text's and sections from a .edu site or something abit more scientific rather then the Oh snap ancient astronauts, I'd really be appreciative as I can't find anything myself.

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 05:08 PM
link   

I'm sorry, I've never seen any mention of atlantis from the egyptians nor vedic text's...

Have you even read the Vedic or Egyptian texts?

The best way is to just Google a search. It is truly amazing what can now be found relatively quickly on the Net.

There's not just some "Egyptian Texts" to read. I mean, there's a few written works of literature, okay. None of which mention Atlantis, by the way. Most of what remains of ancient Egyptian writings are day-to-day record keeping items, over-the-top praises to this or that Pharoah and things like this. There isn't any "History of Egypt" out there written by ancient Egyptians. There are religious texts that give their version of the creation myth, no mention of Atlantis there either.
There are quite a few threads here that go over these kinds of points. Here's a few for you guys to take a look at:

Regarding Atlantis
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

www.abovetopsecret.com...

These are only a few of the serious Atlantis threads. They happen to be one's that I have posted in. Not an ego thing, I got them from my "Subscribed Threads."

Paul, here are a few more that deal with the Vedic texts:

I'm sure there's more on this subject here, it's just not in my subscribed threads list.
Anyway, all the above threads are filled with links, many of these links I put there myself. A couple of those Vedic threads are so long and contain posts that are so long, that I'm sure you'll be sick of the subject before you finish them. You, iori_komei and Prot0n will have a field day.

You'll find, Paul, that you can get a whole lot more than "some passages through a Net search" if you google some of the info that you can find in those Vedic threads. Copy from there, and paste into the Google search box.
That's how I found the pages I have saved on the subject. Want any?

Harte

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Yes, I have done some google search's and I can't find any reputable sources. Could you list a few egyptian text's that talk of atlantis. I've also had no luck in finding reputable source's showing that the vedic text's also talk of atlantis, or any highly advanced technologies. It also seem's odd that these highly advanced civilizations who developed nuclear weapons have left behind no trace's of the advanced cities they lived in or labs or factories or anything of this sort.

I have read some of the Vedic texts but like you, have only indirect references so far in regard to the Egyptian documentation about Atlantis. I guess I should devote more time to it but I have various projects in the works these days.

Check out the Thoth newsletter quotation I made earlier in this thread for some compelling evidence. Quotation restrictions prevent me from repeating it here again.

Keep in mind that one of the first things to go in a nuclear war (or any conventional war for that matter) are the factories, ships, weapons, etc. Likened to the holocaust at Hiroshima and Nagasaki, very few high-tech artifacts would survive the destruction.

[edit on 25-3-2006 by Paul_Richard]

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Harte,

The Mahabharata and the Drona Parva, which are ancient texts of India (you do know where that is...right?) are two of the references in the aforementioned article.

As soon as you went about insulting members, you lost all credibility. Let alone with your sources, which are just opinion based. You've yet to show what is known as "Hard Evidence" of anything.

Maybe instead of insulting members about their geographical understanding, you gain a level of understanding in athropology and ancient history?

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 07:09 PM
link   
So, this highly advanced technological civilization capable of building airplane's, spaceship's and nuclear bombs just happened to decide not to expand it's power and influence across the entire globe and still maintain a flat earth cosmology and just happened to have its aircraft and spacecraft parked when the bombs started going off?

Does this really make sense to you?

I've read some of the vedic text's as well, but I can't find any hints of superior technological advancments. You'd probably be interested in knowing that science fiction was written even back in ancient time's. There are greek stories that talk about aliens comming from other planet's and such, but it was never recorded as history, just as a fictitous story. Such idea's weren't uncommon back in the ancient days. Those people were just as every bit as intelligent as you or I today and if brought into our time and taught our ways, you wouldn't know the difference.

Hiroshima and Nagasaki had only the first mile tottaly destroyed if I remember correctly, if this is the case, then the ancient indian culture's cities would all had to have been under a mile and have had all it's citizens, ships, aircraft, spacecraft, any technological artifacts all within that first one mile radius. This seems highly unlikely for a civilization supposedly more advanced then our own. It was through these intruments that we were able to expand our borders and learn from other cultures.

None of your sources list off the names of the egyptian texts that supposedly speak of atlantis?

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 08:03 PM
link   

So, this highly advanced technological civilization capable of building airplane's, spaceship's and nuclear bombs just happened to decide not to expand it's power and influence across the entire globe and still maintain a flat earth cosmology and just happened to have its aircraft and spacecraft parked when the bombs started going off?

Does this really make sense to you?

War oftentimes makes little sense.

Did you study about the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor?

Lots of aircraft were just sitting around when the bombs started going off.

So yes, that scenario is indeed quite possible.

They could simply have been overwhelmed.

I've read some of the vedic text's as well, but I can't find any hints of superior technological advancments. You'd probably be interested in knowing that science fiction was written even back in ancient time's. There are greek stories that talk about aliens comming from other planet's and such, but it was never recorded as history, just as a fictitous story. Such idea's weren't uncommon back in the ancient days. Those people were just as every bit as intelligent as you or I today and if brought into our time and taught our ways, you wouldn't know the difference.

Quotes of Vedic text which points to advanced weapons being utilized were quoted earlier in this thread.

Hiroshima and Nagasaki had only the first mile tottaly destroyed if I remember correctly, if this is the case, then the ancient indian culture's cities would all had to have been under a mile and have had all it's citizens, ships, aircraft, spacecraft, any technological artifacts all within that first one mile radius. This seems highly unlikely for a civilization supposedly more advanced then our own. It was through these intruments that we were able to expand our borders and learn from other cultures.

I never posed that the Atlantean civilization was more advanced than our own. But then again, "our own" is more advanced that most realize.

None of your sources list off the names of the egyptian texts that supposedly speak of atlantis?

I think that it would be a good idea for you to do that research yourself. People appreciate evidence when they scratch and claw to find it on their own versus someone who freely gives it to them.

I've stated all that I wish to state in this thread.

[edit on 25-3-2006 by Paul_Richard]

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I believe it was one of the variant translations of the Pyramid texts, that contain the mentions about Atlantis.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Ok, after comparing some of the (mis)translations used for "atlantis" in the pyramid texts, as found on www.pyramidtexts.com... with the actual translation's, I can't find any mention of atlantis in any of the utterances provided. Have you bothered to look into this yourself or do you just accept the false teaching's of some guy out to part you from your money?

Damn infact... does anyone ever bother to learn for themselve's anymore these day's? Almost feel's like we're going to head for another dark age.

[edit on 26-3-2006 by Prot0n]

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Ok, after comparing some of the (mis)translations used for "atlantis" in the pyramid texts, as found on www.pyramidtexts.com... with the actual translation's, I can't find any mention of atlantis in any of the utterances provided. Have you bothered to look into this yourself or do you just accept the false teaching's of some guy out to part you from your money?

Damn infact... does anyone ever bother to learn for themselve's anymore these day's? Almost feel's like we're going to head for another dark age.

[edit on 26-3-2006 by Prot0n]

Who me? I don't accept the variant pyramid texts. In fact, I don't accept the accepted pyramid texts. lol!! Danm infact...do you ever bother to learn for yourself?

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 02:02 PM
link   
No, not you. The last comment was just a general statement and not directed towards any one individual. Sorry if you thought otherwise!

To answer your question, yes indeed. I do do learn for myself. However, I don't hold those who try to make a quick buck as authoritive source's of information, which is why I tend to learn from those who've had a bigger impact on knowledge and discoveries, rather then these zomgz ufoz gimme moneiz and I show you people.

I'm curious, if you don't accept any of the pyramid text's then what's your stance on them in regards to atlantis?

I'd also be interested if you could post a passage from the bible that Dake feels point's to atlantis and an advanced technological civilization.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 02:16 PM
link   

No, not you. The last comment was just a general statement and not directed towards any one individual. Sorry if you thought otherwise!

To answer your question, yes indeed. I do do learn for myself. However, I don't hold those who try to make a quick buck as authoritive source's of information, which is why I tend to learn from those who've had a bigger impact on knowledge and discoveries, rather then these zomgz ufoz gimme moneiz and I show you people.

I'm curious, if you don't accept any of the pyramid text's then what's your stance on them in regards to atlantis?

I'd also be interested if you could post a passage from the bible that Dake feels point's to atlantis and an advanced technological civilization.

I'm more inclined to believe the translation of Plato than the translation of the pyramid texts. The reason I say that is because I feel there are a few problems with the mainstream and alternative interpretations of the pyramid texts. In order to make a firm decision, one way or another, I would have to go through the entire process they did, and find the faults, if any, which I don't have the brain capacity for. I'm lucky I remember to wipe sometimes.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Some observations....

The Atlanteans were probably SURVIVORS from a advanced society either having their 'spaceship' crash here of fleeing from Mars or from the planet that used to be where we know only have that large asteroid field between Mars and Jupiter. As far as i know it is no more logical to assume that the survivors would have known how to build more of whatever they could salvage than expecting any of us to build a nuclear bomb just-because we happen to be part of a civilization that can. As time passed the original 'survivors' would have died and whatever knowledge that were preserved in the first place would fade thus being Plato's reference to them 'interbreeding' and thus losing their 'purity' ( knowledge, superior genes?).

There is a great deal of material around that makes it clear that humanity has never been alone ,or for that matter believed itself to be alone, in the universe.

Stellar

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odium

Harte,

The Mahabharata and the Drona Parva, which are ancient texts of India (you do know where that is...right?) are two of the references in the aforementioned article.

As soon as you went about insulting members, you lost all credibility. Let alone with your sources, which are just opinion based. You've yet to show what is known as "Hard Evidence" of anything.

Maybe instead of insulting members about their geographical understanding, you gain a level of understanding in athropology and ancient history?

Couldn't have put it better. Quoting Childress is similar to saying "because I said so..."

Originally posted by Paul Richards
I've stated all that I wish to state in this thread.

No doubt. Else you might have to actually crack a book.

Harte

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

No doubt. Else you might have to actually crack a book.

Harte

Was that really necessary?

<< 1  2    4 >>

join