It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lasers in Atlantis

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I ran across this article titled "Laser Makes Solids Transparent" found here:

dsc.discovery.com...

It made me think of Atlantis - didn't they make use of lasers for different things? Are we just now discovering certain technologies that the Atlanteans used regularly?

One interesting thing the article said is that this laser that sees through solids and makes solids transparent "contradicts a theory posed by Albert Einstein". WOW! I am continually reminded that we really know so very little.

What kinds of things did the Atlanteans supposedly use lasers for?

[edit on 22-3-2006 by Archerette]

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Please provide any evidence that Atlantis even existed at all, before talking about lasers. We are talking about a place only mentioned by one person, Plato, without any archaeological evidence at all.

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 09:05 AM
link   
The only description we have of Atlantis comes from Plato - who described a typical bronze age society (which was beaten in war by Athens).

There were definitely no lasers - which feature only in more recent science fiction stories and fantasies.

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I suppose I could be wrong in my recollection of reading different stories and theories on Atlantis... but I thought I had read that some believed their technology included crystals being used in conjunction with lasers.

I did a quick search and found a couple of sites that referred to Edgar Cayce and his readings regarding this very thing.

One such site states "One suggested explanation is that the Atlanteans possessed laser power through gigantic crystals, as was reported by Edgar Cayce through his psychic readings, several decades before lasers became an accepted part of modern technology."

This quote is taken from: www.mystic-mouse.co.uk...

Now, given that 1)The technology exists today to use lasers to make "the material appear to disapper" (see original post link to discovery news article if you haven't already read it)...

and given that 2) this technology "contradicts a theory posed by Albert Einstein that says in order to amplify the light in a laser beam, the majority of the atoms must be in state of high excitation" ... (again quoting from the original post's link story)

and given that 3) Cayce is not the only psychic to refer to life in Atlantis as being technologically advanced ...

is it possible that we assume too many scientific theories are correct when in fact they are not and is it possible that the Atlantean people had other scientific theories that allowed them to do amazing things with crystals that we have not been able to do yet because we are assuming that a particular theory is correct and it is preventing us to try things in other ways? Is it possible that some psychics are telling the truth in their readings about the technologies in Atlantis?

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Years ago I was a member of the Association for Research and Enlightenment (ARE) - which is the Edgar Cayce Foundation - and have come to conclude that Cayce's psychic Gifts and strengths were mainly in the area of paradiagnostics (diagnosing illnesses) and alternative therapy.

Edgar Cayce espoused that the Atlanteans harnessed the power of a large quartz crystal and that their abuse of that energy caused their civilization to end in a cataclysm.

I disagree with that appraisal.

A much more likely scenario is that they had a war with a greater power than their own and were destroyed with nuclear - possibly even antimatter - weapons

Evidence for Ancient Atomic Warfare

Ancient India considered Atlantis to be an imperialistic nation that had the ability to destroy entire cities with their weapons of mass destruction.

From Part 2 of the above article...

...the ancient Indian epics describe a series of horrific wars--wars which could have been fought between ancient India and Atlantis, or perhaps a third party in the Gobi region of western China. The Mahabharata and the Drona Parva speak of the war and of the weapons used: great fireballs that could destroy a whole city; "Kapila's Glance", which could burn 50,000 men to ashes in seconds; and flying spears that could ruin whole "cities full of forts".

[edit on 22-3-2006 by Paul_Richard]

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Fascinating articles, Paul - Thank You!!

I have only completely read the first article, and browsed the second (though when I get time I will read fully). I have actually read one of the books that the first article uses as a reference (The Bible as History) and I have seen excerpts from some of the other sources.

I do believe that there were ancient civilizations that we don't know much about yet, with Atlantis probably being one of them. I also believe that they had technologies that we don't have or make use of.

One of the points in the first article that doesn't have me convinced is the green glass not being formed by lightning. Convincing argument for it not being formed by the lightning, but I also know that there is still too little that we don't yet know about lightning. So I don't give up on the possibility of that green glass being formed by some kind of lightening that we don't know about, or that doesn't happen frequently or something along those lines.

I'll give that without the "what ifs", the lightening argument is more than convincing. Then again, without the "what ifs", what would ATS be? Certainly without the "what ifs", nobody would believe in any ancient civilization whatsoever, and life would be awfully boring.

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Well I personally believe Atlantis existed.
Anyways, I think it's possible they had lasers.

Especially when you consider bronze age Greek's were capable of making rudimentary offensive/defensive laser weapons.

Now, there is one thing I'd like to address that was said.

- possibly even antimatter -

Ok, now even saying some civilisation/species was advanced enought to create anti-matter weapons, we'd be able to see it if an anti-matter warhead was used 10,000 years ago.

Consider how powerful anti-matter is, a gram of anti-matter could produce enough energy to power the United States for a month.

Now cosnidering a weapon using anti-matter would probably contain alot more anti-matter, the explosion from such a device would carve out a very sizable chunk of mass from the Earth.

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei

I quite agree! I totally missed that point before. Paul provided us with terrific articles before, hopefully he can provide some support for this statement as well?

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 06:56 PM
link   
The person that credited Atlantis as having advanced techologies such as Lasars etc was the Edgar Cayce. Here is a link to a website that contains information about Cayce and his predictions.
www.edgarcayce.org...

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 07:49 PM
link   
In my searches, I keep reading that "psychics report that..." and "people say this about Atlantis..." or "people believe that about Atlantis..."

Why is it that all these (many) articles refer to many people and many different psychics and all these different groups yet NONE that I could find list any other psychic's (?) name (other than Cayce).

Can anyone help me out here - can anyone provide another name of someone who has had psychic readings regarding the past, specifically having to do with Atlantis? Any OTHER name than Cayce? Thanks!

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArcheretteWhy is it that all these (many) articles refer to many people and many different psychics and all these different groups yet NONE that I could find list any other psychic's (?) name (other than Cayce).

Because they all are springing off the Cayce material.

Can anyone help me out here - can anyone provide another name of someone who has had psychic readings regarding the past, specifically having to do with Atlantis? Any OTHER name than Cayce? Thanks!

Remember, that the psychics DIRECTLY CONTRADICT what Plato said.

Atlantis (according to Plato) was only a Bronze Age city and was at one time defeated by the Athenians. We have a thorough history of Athens, and they never had lasers/radios/crystals/etc.

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Ok, now even saying some civilisation/species was advanced enought to create anti-matter weapons, we'd be able to see it if an anti-matter warhead was used 10,000 years ago.

Consider how powerful anti-matter is, a gram of anti-matter could produce enough energy to power the United States for a month.

Now considering a weapon using anti-matter would probably contain alot more anti-matter, the explosion from such a device would carve out a very sizable chunk of mass from the Earth.

I used the word "possibly" because there are indications from governmental insiders (like Bob Lazar) that present-day Zetan spacecraft use antimatter reactors - the approximate size of a basketball - to power their gravity wave propulsion systems.

Antimatter reactors equals antimatter weapons capability

Definitely something that could have ended the Atlantean civilization and made it look like a large-scale natural disaster.

I hate when that happens.

[edit on 23-3-2006 by Paul_Richard]

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paul_Richard

A much more likely scenario is that they had a war with a greater power than their own and were destroyed with nuclear - possibly even antimatter - weapons

According to the only credible source, Plato, they did indeed have a war with a greater power, and were destroyed with ..... bronze age swords wielded by the Ancient Greeks....

Edit: for typos

[edit on 23-3-2006 by Essan]

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
According to the only credible source, Plato, they did indeed have a war with a greater power, and were destroyed with bronze age weapons wileded by the Ancient Greeks....

Plato is not the only historical source about Atlantis, although some would like to think so.

There are ancient texts in India which describe Atlantis more accurately.

Again, I refer to the quote from the article that I had in a previous post in this thread.

...the ancient Indian epics describe a series of horrific wars--wars which could have been fought between ancient India and Atlantis, or perhaps a third party in the Gobi region of western China. The Mahabharata and the Drona Parva speak of the war and of the weapons used: great fireballs that could destroy a whole city; "Kapila's Glance", which could burn 50,000 men to ashes in seconds; and flying spears that could ruin whole "cities full of forts".

Those aren't Bronze Age devices being utilized, but weapons of mass destruction that are likened to nuclear

Does anyone have an example of a Bronze Age weapon that can incinerate fifty-thousand men into ashes within seconds?

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 09:57 AM
link   
death ray.

set up enough magnifying glasses and mirrors (both of which were available by this time) and on a sunny day you can burn a man just like an ant. not to mention that considering the fact that if they were getting burnt from the sun then anyone using the death ray would be directly towards the sun and eleveted for it to work. looking up and seing a huge siloette against the sun thats making everybody combust could be a perfectly feasable explanation for some of the accounts of active gods that were so prevelent in that time period

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 01:29 PM
link   
You are referring to the sun ray weapon that was designed by the innovative Greek mathematician and engineer, Archimedes

They have actually duplicated this device in modern times.

From a vantage point on shore, it has been proven that one can use large mirrors to deflect solar energy and burn a hole in the side of a wooden ship in the harbor. So it is indeed a feasible weapon that was probably utilized in ancient times by the Greeks and perhaps others.

But to incinerate fifty-thousand men into ashes within seconds would take a lot more power than using mirrors to focus solar energy.

That's a cogent idea nonetheless.

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
According to the only credible source, Plato, they did indeed have a war with a greater power, and were destroyed with bronze age weapons wileded by the Ancient Greeks....

Plato is not the only historical source about Atlantis, although some would like to think so.

There are ancient texts in India which describe Atlantis more accurately.

Again, I refer to the quote from the article that I had in a previous post in this thread.

Paul,
Unfortunately (for you), the site you linked not only contains no reference to any pre-Platonic writings about Atlantis, but also (despite the title) provides absolutely no evidence for "Ancient Atomic Warfare!!!"
Check it out (from the site you linked):

The following item appeared in the New York Herald Tribune on February 16, 1947 (and was repeated by Ivan T. Sanderson in the January 1970 issue of his magazine, Pursuit):

When the first atomic bomb exploded in New Mexico, the desert sand turned to fused green glass. This fact, according to the magazine Free World, has given certain archaeologists a turn. They have been digging in the ancient Euphrates Valley and have uncovered a layer of agrarian culture 8,000 years old, and a layer of herdsman culture much older, and a still older caveman culture. Recently, they reached another layer.of fused green glass.

Anybody have a credible reference for this "green glass" that supposedly was found "buried in the Euphrates valley?"
The article only documents one area where this glass can actually be found - the Sahara:

Brad Steiger and Ron Calais report in their book, Mysteries of Time and Space,1 that Albion W. Hart, one of the first engineers to graduate from Massachusetts Institute of Technology, was assigned an engineering project in the interior of Africa. While he and his men were travelling to an almost inaccessible region, they first had to cross a great expanse of desert.
"At the time he was puzzled and quite unable to explain a large expanse of greenish glass which covered the sands as far as he could see," writes Margarethe Casson in an article on Hart's life in the magazine Rocks and Minerals (no. 396, 1972).

Note - this is in an unnamed "African Desert." Why not state exactly where this was? Because then we would know that the following thousand or so words were talking again about exactly the same glass in exactly the same desert in Africa:

Mysterious Glass in the Egyptian Sahara

One of the strangest mysteries of ancient Egypt is that of the great glass sheets that were only discovered in 1932. In December of that year, Patrick Clayton, a surveyor for the Egyptian Geological Survey, was driving among the dunes of the Great Sand Sea near the Saad Plateau in the virtually uninhabited area just north of the southwestern corner of Egypt, when he heard his tyres crunch on something that wasn't sand. It turned out to be large pieces of marvellously clear, yellow-green glass

This way, Childress (yep, that's the author/madman) can make this look like two distinct areas of "mysterious, green and super pure glass..."

Sorry to burst your bubble, but, while Childress claims that "...usually no crater is associated with this glass..." or whatever, actual scientists are saying quite the opposite:

Researchers from Boston University have discovered the remnants of the largest crater of the Great Sahara of North Africa, which may have been formed by a meteorite impact tens of millions of years ago...
The double-ringed crater – which has an outer rim surrounding an inner ring – is approximately 31 kilometers in diameter. Prior to the latest finding, the Sahara's biggest known crater, in Chad, measured just over 12 kilometers...
And, since its shape points to an origin of extraterrestrial impact, it will likely prove to be the event responsible for the extensive field of “Desert Glass” – yellow-green silica glass fragments found on the desert surface between the giant dunes of the Great Sand Sea in southwestern Egypt.
My emphasis. Source - Scientists find largest Sahara crater
Again, there are no references to the lost continent, or city of, Atlantis that pre-date Plato's fictional accounts. The insane musings of David Hatcher Childress certainly post-date Plato.

Originally posted by ArcheretteCan anyone help me out here - can anyone provide another name of someone who has had psychic readings regarding the past, specifically having to do with Atlantis? Any OTHER name than Cayce? Thanks!

Here ya go, Archerette:
The Fraudulent Madame Blavatsky

That's the only link I'm willing to provide regarding this fraudulent and money-grubbing faker. If you wish to believe in her, use Google, you'll find a whole lot of stuff, every bit of it (except biographical materials) hogwash.

Harte

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Harte,

The Mahabharata and the Drona Parva, which are ancient texts of India (you do know where that is...right?) are two of the references in the aforementioned article.

You brought this up...

They have been digging in the ancient Euphrates Valley and have uncovered a layer of agrarian culture 8,000 years old, and a layer of herdsman culture much older, and a still older caveman culture. Recently, they reached another layer of fused green glass.

Fused green glass indicates the strong possibility of a nuclear detonation

Let us first establish in your eyes - if that is at all possible, which I doubt - that ancient atomic warfare occurred.

Then you can worry about where it happened.

[edit on 23-3-2006 by Paul_Richard]

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Well there are more explainations for the VITRIFIED SAND or Green glass other than just telltales of an ancient atomic war.
Other sources that are more probable the cuase of the Green glass and these have been proven by the way

Lightning Strikes
faience or the leftovers of metal smelting ArtWorld
Another source are the little known Red Sprites and Blue Jets elf.gi.alaska.edu...

Tuk

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Let's not forget that, according to Plato, Atlanteans very actually DEFEATED by Athens, and we all know what kind of technology Athens has had, no lasers or anything like that.

If Atlanteans would have had lasers and flying ships, do you really think they would have lost to few men with bronze swords and spears?

If Atlantis ever existed, it most likely was only slightly more advanced than cultures in Greece and elsewhere in mediterranean.

Edit: sorry, the fact that Atlanteans were defeated was already said.. Should have read thread more carefully.

[edit on 23-3-2006 by Tuk]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join