It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cat survives 80 foot fall - video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 07:22 AM
link   
www.wftv.com...

Efforts to coax the animal down failed. A week later, on Monday, March 20, would-be rescuers came to Piper's aid. Then, something went terribly wrong, but this time all was okay in the end.

The cat fell nearly 80 feet, clipped a branch on the way down and then landed on its feet and ran away. Piper, no doubt, used up at least a couple of his feline nine lives, but otherwise appeared to have survived the ordeal without serious injuries.

I'm amazed the poor thing got up there in the first place. What was he going after? an annoying bird? just generally adventurous?

Superkitty

[edit on 22-3-2006 by Spreadthetruth]

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I've seen this video yesterday on TV, it is amazing! Poor thing lands on his back and then scoots right after landing.

Have you seen the video of the falling bear from the tree? He was shot with a tranquilizer, falls to a trampoline where he bounces off and lands on his head. From the looks of it he could of easily broke his neck

I hope not

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 10:15 AM
link   
That's why cats rock!

There's that old saying that cats always land on their feet. It would have been true in this case had the cat not hit the tree branch nearer to the ground. It was doing great until it hit that freakin' branch! It was gliding like one of those flying squirrels.

Peace

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 10:21 AM
link   
It's probably best it didn't land on it's legs. If it had, I have a feeling it would have looked like a cat with legs growing out of it's back :shk:

But who knows, I've seen cats land on their feet with no problems from about house height, and I've seen cats damage their legs jumping down from a table. 80 Feet? I've got to go with "broken legs" if it hadn't hit the branch, it must have been a "plump" cat if it's back absorbed that kind of shock.

Of course, I'm no vet.

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Cat survives 80 foot fall

Damn...Looks like we'll need to try 90 feet next time...

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 12:17 AM
link   
One of my old kittens fell down a tree, hitting five or six branches on the way down. She was maybe 6 or 7 months old at the time, and the tree is maybe 60 feet.

I bet the branch did help save the cat though, slowing it down from the impact with the ground.

new topics

top topics

join