It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan relation with Osama Bin Laden...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 05:14 AM
link   
I know this has been said so many times and there have been alot of threads on this, however it is quite interesting to see the movements and motives of Osama. This is more about Sharif and Benazir, however it is quite evident that the power of this man could be felt countries. He is not a ruler but more a person who has followers willing to kill on his direction. Quite dangerous as we all know.

I think it is quite important that as a world community we should fight this man. I understand that the US is trying hard to find this man and trying to bring him to justice, as per what the government and the president has said, however i find it difficult that this man cannot be found or captured. i understand that the terrain is tough and the russians had a bad experience, but till date he has the capacity to release videos and news against humans. [I know he is targeting US and US interest, however as i have mentioned world community i have used humans].

Going through the article which is not indepth however it does raise questions about what this man can do or any other man, when he has money and followers. He in this case he has followers who are willing to kill for what? Kill innocent human life for what? Revenge/for what US did in the past?

I think this man should be caught not only to stop the dangers but to bring an end to such a thought pattern. As a would community, I am sure all would like to see peace in the world. Who knows due to his influence, maybe if he is allowed to run free, Asia could be the next target.

Thanks Magic

click

[edit on 22-3-2006 by knowledge23]

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Osama And Sharif

Pakistan's role in the tale of Al Qaeda and Osama bin Laden remains a topic of mystery, intrigue and -- undoubtedly -- quite a lot of deception.

What is difficult to deny, however, is that there is an intimate connection between Pakistan and the jihad movements that fuel groups such as Al Qaeda and its many affiliates.

In this article, Khalid Khawaja claims that former Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif received political and financial support from Osama bin Laden to defeat Benazir Bhutto in the 1997 elections.

Considering the controversy surrounding the elections, which had Sharif winning by a surprisingly large majority, allegations of Al Qaeda involvement add even more suspicion to what was already a shady situation.

Sharif's questionable constitutional maneuvers after regaining the Prime Ministership, including the physical removal of the Chief Justice of the Pakistani Supreme Court, cast further suspicion on his motives and connections.

Of course, maybe the allegations are false. Some have suggested that Mr. Khawaja is tied to the U.S. Republican Party, which implies possible motives for him to make statements that may be calculated to support the political goals of that party.

But if Mr. Khalid's claims are true, then they add more to the body of evidence which indicates that Al Qaeda is not just a "terrorist group", but a political organization capable of influencing governments not only with bombs, but with subterfuge.

Food for thought.

(And thank you, knowledge23)

[edit on 3/22/2006 by Majic]

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Where is OBL's money?

And why can't we put a block on it?

A money-less leader wouldn't be able to do much other than having the occasional messiah-like photo shot and released to his gang of barbarians.

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 11:34 AM
link   
According to several Indian sources, Porter Goss (currently the head of the CIA) was having lunch with the then head of the ISI, General Mahmoud Ahmad, when 9/11 occured.

Shortly afterwards the Indian government allegedly provided the US Embassy in Delhi with intelligence that General Ahmad had ordered $100,000 to be transferred to Mohamed Attah the day before, on September 10th.

Shortly after Gen Ahmad's return to Pakistan, he was forced into retirement and has unsurpisingly been protected from investigation.

There's an old thread about this issue here:

Porter Goss Met With Mohammad Atta Financier on 9-11

And a good article on the subject here:

www.globalresearch.ca...

And a rather large list of Pakistani/War on Terror related sources and articles here (including the transfer story):

www.yirmeyahureview.com... _terrorism.htm

Whether or not the meeting and the transfer were related, or whether not the transfer actually did occur, are not things I have found terribly good sources for. The story seems sound, or at least not easily dismissable, because the Times of India is a relatively reputable paper in India and it makes claims directly relating to actions apparently made public or confirmed by the Indian government.

Certainly worthy of more investigation IMHO.

[edit on 22-3-2006 by koji_K]

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Thankyou all for the information.

The money does definately come from somewhere. Isnt there a way, as has been asked by Desert Dwag to monitor the money and put a hold on it? No money hence no means to support terrorism.

Thankyou for the article, it gave a lot of information. I personally think that terrorism and any form of terror should be dwealt with through firmness. I do understand that it would be a decision as to who holds this power, which is another debate, however to keep the world safe, isnt this a possibility? unless we as humans understand the importance of tolerance.

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 10:35 AM
link   
as osama supposidy was trained by the CIA and funded by them. Their purpose was obviosly send osama out to prevoke terrorism and if this is the case then bush wont want him caught.... Sadam was found in practacly no time. If bush wanted osama found he would be found by now.

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I totally agree with And3h.

If Osama Bin Laden was captured then what justification would Bush have for his war?

OBL gives weight for america tryiong to regain its grip on its interests across the world.

Do you really think that a CIA spy satellite over the region where Bin Laden is hiding and totally sweeping the area wouldnt turn up anything as to his whereabouts? the response time from a small special forces to an identifies location would be within several hours MAX, and no doubt within an hour if they really wanted, without a doubt.

truth is America dont want him just yet.

besides a man that eludes the american army? talk about instilling fear into the public, keeping them closer on the governments leash also

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by koji_K
According to several Indian sources, Porter Goss (currently the head of the CIA) was having lunch with the then head of the ISI, General Mahmoud Ahmad, when 9/11 occured.

It is true that General Mahmoud Ahmad was in the US having breakfast with Porter Gross on 9/11. I also remember a story about General Mahmoud Ahmad's plans to return home were delayed because of 9/11.

www.atimes.com...

(Mod edit: Trim Those Quotes!)

[edit on 3/29/2006 by Majic]

new topics

top topics

join