It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drunken Life After Death Idea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Now I'm sober, this idea seems a bit rubbish really but I thought I'd meantion it anyway. Was in the pub talking all manor of things with a mate and somewhere down the lines this came into the picture.
There's that idea floating about, that there are many/infanite numbers of alternate realities on parallel plains etc etc.
Now, what if, when you died, you/your conciousness, whatever, sorta snapped into one of those alternate realities and carried on? I mean like, I've come out of a few things where I should by all rights have died (High speed bike accidents and the like), but then scrapped through ok. What if in THAT reality you DID die, but then you kinda, tuned into a different one where you managed to come out ok?
Don't ask me what I think happens when you just "die", like I said, I was drunk and now that I'm not it seems a bit crap as an idea, just thought I'd meantion it seeing as I aint got much else to do right now.

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 10:38 AM
link   
A drunken life after death? Dude, I hope I get to still drink after I die.

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 10:48 AM
link   
May I ask what you were drinking?

I think I may get a bottle of it tonight.

Liquor is the worlds temporary solution for everything

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 10:57 AM
link   
lol.
Snakebite and Black at £1.50 a pint and Shots of JD for £1.30.
Like I say, now I'm sober it does seem like a crappy idea, but it was a good convo at the time

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Yeah alot of things at the sime seem like great ideas.

I found out yesterday that a member of my family who I greatly dislike quit his job in Alberta and drove to Saskatchewan for no apparant reason. Quit his job and drove.

Now that he is out of gas in Regina, he is trying to sell the car to fly home.

Way to drive across the country, work 2 weeks, only to quit your job.

Real role model pal!

I know this story all to well, Best thing to do is to get back on the horse and keep brainstorming.

I await your next one!

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 11:22 AM
link   
lol, mental. One for the scrap book though.

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Actually...it's already a theory, but forward by Professor Stephen William Hawking on wormholes and alternative realities, I do believe.

The basic idea is, that evertime you make a discission or do an action a new reality occurs. So, if I wake up tomorrow at 7, if I leave the bed that's one reality, if I do not that'd be another.

I kind of, from your drunken ramblings X belive that's what you're on about.

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 07:52 PM
link   
well thats sorta like, along the lines I was thinking.
Less of the "if I go left in this reality, I will be going right, in another"...
...More like... If I was walking, crossed the road, got hit by a truck, I die as far as you would be concerned.
But then, my consiousness/spirit, whatever you preffer, sorta "joins" onto another reality, where maybe I dodged the truck, or it dodged me, whatever.
Anyway, I was drunken, if anyone on here will understand my drunken ramblings, it's gonna be you Odium. lol
I suppose the Hawkins idea is sorta what I was thinking. Close as dammit anyhow.

new topics

top topics

join