It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intelligently Designed but Is it Divine?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I often think of the example in the Simpsons in the episode where Lisa leaves a substance sitting in soft drink in an ash tray for a science experiment. After a few days she realises that she inadvertently created a new miniature world. To the inhabitants she is God, but she is neither all powerful or all knowing. She is also very limited in how much influence she has on stopping her brother (another God) from destroying the miniature world. I know it's just a TV show, but it paints an interesting picture.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Good example.
More than one 'god'. A 'War in Heaven', so to speak, between opposing gods. One benevolent and protective and the other malevolent and destructive.
Imagine Bart was God!

[edit on 27-4-2006 by point]

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 04:02 PM
link   
An intelligent designer that would create a world set up for perpetual suffering is evil.
A world where one species is programmed instinctively to kill and consume other species simply to physically survive is evil.
A world where survival of the fittest appears to be the norm is evil.
One that would create such a world is obviously evil.
Nature is not beyond question.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 04:09 PM
link   

An intelligent designer that would create a world set up for perpetual suffering is evil.
What so you are perpetually suffering? Never once had a good time in your life? Isn't it the bad times that make the good times good?

A world where one species is programmed instinctively to kill and consume other species simply to physically survive is evil.
can you come up with a better way to run the universe?

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mxyztplk
What so you are perpetually suffering? Never once had a good time in your life? Isn't it the bad times that make the good times good?

To simply focus on ones own perceived state of affairs is a selfish view when considering suffering in the world.
At any single moment on this planet there are at very least billions of beings suffering in many varied ways.
For simplicity, I refer to humans and animals. Whether it is physical pain from injury, disease, starvation etc, or emotional pain in all its forms.

can you come up with a better way to run the universe?

Yes, Why not create bodies that do not need to eat in the first place.
What about a body that could absorb energy in other ways?
Perhaps absorb the energy of the Sun like a solar panel.
Perhaps maybe a long life internal power cell that is sufficient for the life of the body?

The designed mechanism of energy absorbtion for human and many animal bodies currently in use on this planet is surely not the only possible way of existence.

I'm sure there are other possible designs that could have been used.

This designer chose this specific suspect method. I wonder why?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join