It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fear of Islam

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Is it me or are some people mortally afraid of the spread of Islam so they do anything to slander it? Mostly white christians? A lot dont care about the child rape scandals but mention Islam then all of the certain they are "godly" and concerned. Im not talking about Bin Laden because he isnt even a real Muslim, I mean the average everyday Muslim that so many of them have such disgusting rage against. In case you didnt notice, they arent the only ones who disagree with America. Check China for one so why pick the Muslims out? It has everything to do with religion thats why. Is Islam a threat to your recruitment or missionary as you call it? If your truths are so solid then you wouldnt have to go out of your way to attack Islam. Its fear that people are finally getting alternatives, gone are the days when you invaded the Aztecs and other Native Americans like my grandmother's people and made sure they werent exposed to any other religions. Long are the days when Africans were snatched and taken away from any Islamic influence that Kingdoms like Mali, Songhai, Hausa etc held allowing them to be systematically converted to Christianity while all other religion were completely banned on the plantation. Now that there are options you have lost your minds and show hate to anything that doesnt include you. Since the history of Islam does not reach Europe as much as Africa or Asia it is not right to you, but on the other hand since Europe was converted to Christianity and that is what you have spread that makes it right? Let us be individuals and you can keep what you spread but dont diss Islam for it. Show some respect instead of showing your ass, I doubt you have any Muslims in your family because if you did youd know that they are on their sh|t instead of a bunch of people following a religion because you get the freedom to sin and ask for forgiveness on Sunday. Or a bunch of people who pray for cars instead of something meaningful. Just because you arent a Muslim doesnt mean you have to diss it either. Im not even a Muslim but Id join up before I go to anybody else or convert back to Christianity because they actually take their faith seriously. With that said, alhamdu lillahi rabbi alaalameena.

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Right as for myself, I am a christian, but I don't fear the spread of islam. Personally, I think its probably better to have any faith than no faith at all.

bunch of people following a religion because you get the freedom to sin and ask for forgiveness on Sunday. Or a bunch of people who pray for cars instead of something meaningful

You don't get the freedom to sin, you get the forgiveness when you deserve it. You won't get anywhere if you just sin and think "Its all right, I'll get forgiven for it". Someone who prays for cars probably aren't true christians. If they were they wouldn't be opraying for material items.

Of course these are just my views. Also you are totally right, Muslims do seem more devout than christians, but I don't know why. It could be that under the banner of "Christians" you are descibing people who just say "I believe in god and thats enough". They aren't true christians. In fact I don't think thats even a religion at all, they're just not atheists.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Ya know of all the religons out there i disslike (disslike dont come close to disscribeing it) islam the most...and all the middel east...they are like little children.....theay get angrey and VIOLENT when people dont belive the crap theay do.....theese people kill and riot theay do anything to oppose others who dont belive wut theay do....there like children! you know part of me disslikes christins,jews,islam for the same reasions...theay all want people to belive there crap! and thats wut it is "crap".....im sorry to be so mean but im gonna express this other people need to open there eyes and look...then shut up about it..

All theese religons seem to have problems with eachother theay all want people to belive them theay all fight over Isreal!! theay all think theay are right and ya no wut this shows how stupid people really are.....if people dont belive you ya dont get mad ya dont kill them ya dont riot and protest ya dont condem them because theay dont wanna be the same...you accept there difronce and you move on in life! but this dont happon you no why?? PEOPLE ARE STUPID!

The whole subject of religen is an embarisment to every human....if you want to belive in God thats ur choice and thats cool....you can think wut you want you can go home everyday and kneel by ur bed or bow down on ur carpet and talk to God,Jesus,Boota,Alah or a big elephent....but if other dont wanna belive the same stuff as you who cares..

to bad people dont think this way...speciley islamic people..well most of them anyway.....you see that stuff on CNN about theat guy in the middel east who converted to christen and the govermint and people want to have him put to death! do you people see the stupidety! do you see how people belive this crpa so much and want other to belive them theay will kill people fo rbeing diffront!! if i ever got the chance i would gas every singel person in countrys like that....to make people lern keep ur crap to ursleff! leave others alone...i understand this is onley my opinion u can belive it or not agree or not its up to you....and guess wut if you dont belive it and dont agree with it...im not going to kill you...im not going to tell you im right...wut i will do is accept ur opinion....but the facts i stated are somthing noone can deny.

so should i fear islam?? NO it should fear me if anything! anyone comes to my house teling me wut crap to belive and wut is right and wrong si gonna get--->:bash::bash:

----->PEPSI!!

see i wont get mad if you dissaprove of my pepsi god i can keep it to mysleff now why cant the world do this.
sry for bad spelling

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I think what is feared by Americans is only the fanatical interpretation of Islam as preached by idiots like Bin Laden and other extremist wahhabi groups.

No one has any problem with what majority of muslims believe.

This is what British Prime Minister Tony Blair has to say about muslim holy book, the Koran:

London, March 21, 2006:

"The extremist view of Islam is not just theologically backward but completely contrary to the spirit and teaching of the Koran.

The most remarkable thing about reading the Koran - in so far as it can be truly translated from the original Arabic - is to understand how progressive it is. I speak with great diffidence and humility as a member of another faith. I am not qualified to make any judgements. But as an outsider, the Koran strikes me as a reforming book, trying to return Judaism and Christianity to their origins, rather as reformers attempted with the Christian Church centuries later. It is inclusive. It extols science and knowledge and abhors superstition. It is practical and way ahead of its time in attitudes to marriage, women and governance."

Read the Full Speech here: www.number10.gov.uk...

Mod Note: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 30-3-2006 by mr conspiracy]

[edit on 30-3-2006 by Benevolent Heretic]

top topics

join