It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seeing if I can post some of my art yet

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 08:08 PM
link   
okay Hi...this is an indian ink/charcoal/chalk of a woman watching a fire. Iori helped me figure out how to post it. Thanks Iori!! It worked!

[edit on 21-3-2006 by DeeplyAwake]

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Here is one of my pencil doodles, I drew her from my imagination, when I was on the telephone and they kept me on hold for a half hour...Lol. (I hardly minded). The picture's title is 'Gemini'.

[edit on 22-3-2006 by DeeplyAwake]

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Hey, your stuff is pretty good!

You have some real talent, show us some more!

Larry.

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Very good pictures, the shading is excellent

Good creative use of balck and white, I could never do something like that second one in 30 minutes

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Tanks Mechanic 32!! For the compliment & encouragement.

There will be more here soon! First, I have to dig around, some of my art is on slides (from pre dig cam days). Some, of my pics are of nudes. Do, you happen to know if its ok to post a modest nude that doesn't actually show anything naughty? And, some photos I have to clean up a little because time has put these funky orange spots on them...lol. Plus, I am working on some new stuff.

Lots of my stuff I never took pics of first before I gave it to the people, (I do a lot of portraits for people). I'm mostly into doing pics of people and animals. And cartoons.

Have a great evening, next morning, next afternoon & next day!

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeeplyAwake
Some, of my pics are of nudes. Do, you happen to know if its ok to post a modest nude that doesn't actually show anything naughty? And, some photos I have to clean up a little because time has put these funky orange spots on them....

Okay, I'm not really sure if the nudes would be ok, they are drawings, and not photographs, so it might be. The best thing to do is to u2u one of the mods, send the pictures in question along in your u2u, and ask of their opinion. But even better still, when in doubt, don't do it. But that's just my opinion.

As for the ones with the orange spots, you can still post them, and ask that someone digitally remove the orange spots, maybe? But I guess it would lose some of the originality in the process...

Good Luck!

Larry.

[edit on 3/22/2006 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by chebob
Very good pictures, the shading is excellent

Good creative use of balck and white, I could never do something like that second one in 30 minutes

Thanks Chebob!

When I am drawing I tend to loose track of time...I could have been on hold anywhere from an 1/2 hour to an hour.

Thanks for the compliment about the shading...I love to shade...you saw that right away...do you have art here too? (I saw you up here last nite and was going to write to you sooner but my p.c. disconnected and I figured that was a sign to go to bed...lol).

Yes Mechanic, good advice...I'm playing it safe...I emailed one of the semi-nude pics to a moderator but haven't heard back yet, so maybe I will u2u the pic to a moderator next. Personally, I think the human body is beautiful and there is nothing showing really, but I don't want to break the TOS, so I'll be careful...lol. Anyway, I got another pic ready for today for you to see. ~ Deep

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 06:58 PM
link   
This is a copy of a portrait I did of J.T. Stewart, my former creative writing teacher at Seattle Central Community College. She is a published author and poet. I wasn't able to find an on-line photo of her. But, I did find a couple of links that tell you a little about J.T. (hope they open):

www.hugohouse.org...

www.lib.washington.edu...

www.washington.edu...

J.T.'s picture was done free-hand with an indian ink pen, and an indian ink brushed wash.

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 02:58 AM
link   
That's a nice one!

And yes, your links work, and gave me an idea...(I don't get those very often... hehe.):

Since your links comprise a kind of mini biography of sorts, what about a new thread 'Mini Biography of Someone You Admire'.

I don't think I could start it though, I'm a terrible writer.

Well, I've gone far enough off-topic already, so I'll say goodbye for now, and wish you the best of luck in your artistic endevours.

Larry.

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Hi Larry, That's a Great Idea about the Mini Biography! I think you should do it though, because I think your writing is pretty good. And, it was your idea, your concept. u2u me if you do it, and I will post on your thread, ok? Thanks for posting on my thread and for the nice things you said. (What's great about your idea, it could be about anyone, someone you know, someone famous, a musician, a politician, a sports person, anyone!)

Originally posted by Mechanic 32

Since your links comprise a kind of mini biography of sorts, what about a new thread 'Mini Biography of Someone You Admire'.

I don't think I could start it though, I'm a terrible writer.

Larry.

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 05:37 AM
link   
I'd really have to give the Mini Biography some thought...

While I was sitting here thinking about all of that, I downloaded your pic of JT, and I made an avatar out of it for you. I think you'll like it:

Let me know what you think.

Larry.

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Hi Larry,

JT does look nice smaller that way. And I think it was sweet of you to take the time to do that, so I can see. But, I think what I want to do is make my own avatar and what I need is someone here to show me how to make avatars...or steer me in the right direction. I think it would be really fun to make avatars. I don't know exactly what I want to make, but I have some ideas. I like the one you have where it has motion. I wouldn't mind designing around something artistic but not a portrait. Maybe wind spirits intertwining... something like that, and if they could also move around like the wind...that would be hot! That's one idea I have, I also have others.

Thanks for your help,
Susan/Deep

p.s. having said that, I don't know how difficult it would be to make what I just described. So, if making a moving avatar is too difficult for a novice to learn, then perhaps I would be better off letting a professional here do it. Also, we can have more than one avatar can't we? How much points does an avatar cost? I don't have very many. If we can have more than one, and they don't cost much I would like one from every avatar designer in here who has the time...lol. Also, I don't mind helping avatar designers with artistic ideas for anyone you are helping, please ask me if you get stuck.

[edit on 24-3-2006 by DeeplyAwake]

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 02:12 AM
link   
This is a chalk pastel, done from a photo of a toddler. His mother wanted it done so she could have a nice reminder of him, because he had died of leukimia at around 13 years old. As, I was doing it, I felt all his ages, (since he didn't actually pass away when he was a baby) so that is why he looks a little older. I gave him a lamb to accompany him to Heaven. (For some reason the picture is coming out real fuzzy so I may have to delete it if I can't get it right.) It's not working, so I'll have to fool around with it some more and repost it later.

[edit on 25-3-2006 by DeeplyAwake]

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 03:50 AM
link   
You've got quite a talent there - I love your work.

The first picture reminded me of the jazz singer Billie Holliday.

Hope you post more of your work sometime, I'll look forward to seeing it.

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Thanks Jamesmichael for the great compliment. : ) I had Billie Holiday's former landlord from New York for a temporary foster mom for awhile...she knew her well, and they got along for the most part, and she told me a little about her. I like your avatar.

I am trying to post more but can't get sizing and other things right, (I'm new to this). Larry/Mechanic was helpful, and he told me I need a resizing program, before putting my photos into photobucket, but I don't think I have one.

Anyway, I will try and put the baby and lamb pic I was talking about earlier in, I think the pic will be too small now but maybe not so fuzzy.

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Very nice work Deep!

Some of the talents of our members is just extraordinary.

Keep on, Keepin on

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Thanks so much, Chissler! I will go take a look at your work too, after I upload this pic.

This semi-abstract pencil drawing is called "Hitler Melting". It depicts Hitler standing before the Devil in Hell pleading his case. The intense heat of hell is just starting to make him melt.

[edit on 26-3-2006 by DeeplyAwake]

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 05:41 AM
link   
This is the picture of Billie Holiday that your work reminded me of, I know
the expression is different but she has the same look in her eyes I think.

Thanks for the compliments on my Avatar.

I'm certainly no expert at making them but I have always liked
Native Americans so wanted something on that theme.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 09:27 PM
link   
JamesMichael, Thats a great picture of Billie Holiday. She has such a beautiful expression in her eyes.

[edit on 26-3-2006 by DeeplyAwake]

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I call this somewhat abstract pencil drawing "Mother Grief". She is a woman who could be anywhere in the world, but she is most likely a woman in the Middle East. Her skin is tough and weathered, and she looks as if she has been carved from sorrow and hardship like a stone. After all she has been through, her heart has been broken again. I have been told she is hard to see, look for the hand over her face.

[edit on 28-3-2006 by DeeplyAwake]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join