It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Use Of SWAT Teams Out Of Control?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jessicamsa
And why would it have it the news? Not everyone is a news monger looking for media attention. Happened in October 1999. I told people at the spades tournament and my father. Why would the media have ever heard about it?

Any person that has common sense would file a complaint and cause a fuss until something is done, the news media would pick up on something like this. There is this amazing thing called a complaint form, Internal Affairs checks every single complaint forum, if the complaint is valid the city or county will recoup your damages.

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong
Personally I know of a situation where Customs officials and "troops" raided a place i worked for... (manufacturer of auto parts)

poor decision making? nope... just gun happy paper pushing idiots trying to feel big...
bad formula for law enforcement.

I'm quite sure I know where you mean, my oldest son used to work there.
No doubt in my mind that law enforcement here in Oklahoma is trigger-happy. How many cases have we seen locally where cops have shot people dead (in the back once) without provocation. There are a couple of officers whose names keep coming up over and over. My neighbor's son was beat to death by guards/deputies in the county jail while he was chained and shackled. These people are always exonerated after being investigated by people in the same occupation. Our former D.A. would not prosecute cops no matter what they did or how strong the evidence of wrongdoing. Now thinking back to 1995, you will recall that they beat a prisoner to death at the Federal Prison Transfer Center here in town. The feds even refused to let the Medical Examiner look at the scene of that crime. No one was charged with any crime in this man's death either. His family sued and won a few million for his wrongful death.

Yes, us Okies try not to have any problems with our "lawmen."

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 02:25 PM
link   
same ppl would complane when a swat team wasnt sent to help them -_-

df1

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by JamesMcMahn
Any person that has common sense would file a complaint and cause a fuss until something is done, the news media would pick up on something like this. There is this amazing thing called a complaint form, Internal Affairs checks every single complaint forum, if the complaint is valid the city or county will recoup your damages.

The Police Complaint Center, the #1 Police Accountability Website , has assisted ABC, CBS & NBC news networks on their police department investigations and they tell a quite different story of what is likely to happen if you try to file a complaint against a police officer.

After more than 1000 test of police complaint intake procedures by Police Complaint Center staff across the country you would think that most police officers will recognize us or at least recognize the elements of our test procedures. To our dismay, again we have been proven wrong.

Their website provides videos of police being threatening, intimidating and uncooperative to investigators attempting to just obtain information on how to file a complaint against an officer. Any person with a even a lick of common sense should be very reluctant to visit a police department to file a complaint against an officer without being accompanied by an attorney. Perhaps a better idea would be to file your complaint with the local prosecutors office or your states attorney general's office. At the very least you should discreetly record your complaint visit, so you can hang them out to dry if they behave improperly. Just send copies of your video to all of your local TV media, they love police corruption & abuse stories.

Internal affairs Police investigations present a clear case of conflict of interest. Citizens committees need to take over this role to insure that the investigations are done in a non-partisan manner. The bond of brothers in arms is too great an influence to insure a fair hearing of your complaint.

Citizens with digital cameras are an effective means of keeping the police operating within the law and police department regulations they have sworn to uphold.

[edit on 15-3-2007 by df1]

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Internal Affairs in the Danville Police Department and the Virginia State Police work very well. They actually do their job from what has been stated on this thread I can say it appears that not many do.

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   

I don't beleive this for one moment. Had this really happened it would have hit the news.

You admitted on the other thread that because you were shot by a 14 year old white girl for no reason other than asking her to turn down her loud music,that now you dont take any chances because anyone can be dangerous!

Now you think you have the right to call this person a liar,when another police officer maybe also over cautious against anyone.

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by gps777

I don't beleive this for one moment. Had this really happened it would have hit the news.

You admitted on the other thread that because you were shot by a 14 year old white girl for no reason other than asking her to turn down her loud music,that now you dont take any chances because anyone can be dangerous!

Now you think you have the right to call this person a liar,when another police officer maybe also over cautious against anyone.

What she described wasnt being overly cautious, it was being a flat-out jerk, that had nothing to do with caution.

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 11:01 PM
link   

What she described wasnt being overly cautious, it was being a flat-out jerk, that had nothing to do with caution.

So you disbelieve her entirely because you disbelieve there are flat out jerks in the police force who over react.

Well I`d put money on it they exist.

How do you feel after frightening the life out of harmless people now that you take no chances with anyone including young girls?

I`d guess your not too happy about it,but you go home in one piece.

Well when you go home these very people have just had a bad experience that they will have a hard time getting over,which adds to dislike and distrust.

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by gps777

So you disbelieve her entirely because you disbelieve there are flat out jerks in the police force who over react.

Well I`d put money on it they exist.

How do you feel after frightening the life out of harmless people now that you take no chances with anyone including young girls?

I`d guess your not too happy about it,but you go home in one piece.

Well when you go home these very people have just had a bad experience that they will have a hard time getting over,which adds to dislike and distrust.

I said that it wasnt the officer being over cautious, it was the officer being a flat-out jerk. If the officer had been overly cautious he would have called for back-up and he would have handcuffed her. The story is hard to believe because she didnt file a complaint, most of the time people will file a complaint for the least little thing. I cant believe that someone would let this go, if it really happened.

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I know a couple of people who have worked with or known cops personally and their stories of how some of the cops act and their attitudes are disturbing.

One that sticks out the best is about a SWAT guy who was pissed because he had his heart set on killing the suspect but his own flash bang blinded him.

Cops get a free pass because they go after the "bad guys".

SWAT gets a super-duper free pass because they are seen as going after the "really" bad guys.

df1

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   

most of the time people will file a complaint for the least little thing. I cant believe that someone would let this go, if it really happened.

IMHO human nature more often leans to not rocking the boat. Much like a small group of bad apples give all police officers a bad name, a small group of complainers creates the perception that everyone is a chronic complainer. Most people just want to go about their lives and do not have the time or inclination to go through a bureaucratic complaint process.

[edit on 16-3-2007 by df1]

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by df1

most of the time people will file a complaint for the least little thing. I cant believe that someone would let this go, if it really happened.

IMHO human nature more often leans to not rocking the boat. Much like a small group of bad apples give all police officers a bad name, a small group of complainers creates the perception that everyone is a chronic complainer. Most people just want to go about their lives and do not have the time or inclination to go through a bureaucratic complaint process

If someone had di that to me I would have raised a big enough fuss that it would be on the news. There are a lot of people that will talk about problems and not try to fix them.

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I have never personally experienced ANYONE that was even mildly hesitant to file a complaint....

Usually they are lining up...

Semper

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 04:07 AM
link   
During the 90s not a week went by that we didnt hear something about abuses by the so called "Jack Booted Thugs"
There is one particular instance of law enforcement going way over board, I think most people will remember the Elian Gonzalez case. Now, in my opinion the correct decision was made, the right thing to do was to send this child back to his father, no matter what country he is from. However, the image that will always stick in my mind is this one here...

This couldve been handled a lot better than it was, good job Mr. Janet Reno

df1

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
I have never personally experienced ANYONE that was even mildly hesitant to file a complaint....

Usually they are lining up...

Are they lining up while being held at gun point by the SWAT team?

I thought we had already killed the myth that filing a police complaint was a routine or easy process. The previously cited organization which monitors such things without a doubt does not agree with you and they are not laughing. And I imagine that most other folks that come within cross hair of your scope would not share your amusement either.

Originally posted by df1
The Police Complaint Center, the #1 Police Accountability Website , has assisted ABC, CBS & NBC news networks on their police department investigations and they tell a quite different story of what is likely to happen if you try to file a complaint against a police officer.

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 10:34 AM
link   
WOW,

You really are having a "Groucho Marxist" day....

Actually the "Laughing Emoticon" that you so erroneously refer to as "Mocking Laughter" was used to display humor at myself...

I would not expect you to "Get that" as you are obviously so concerned with the welfare and well being of the citizens I serve that you must be on the advisory counsel.... Salvation Army..... US Service member..... Police or fire.....

You have to be contributing a lot to the community here...

Or you are simply making words with your keyboard and telling us all that YOU have established something that in all reality WE don't beleive that YOU have established at all..

So you provided a "source"... WOW

I have a million of them that refute everything that you say... But I have something more important... LIFE EXPERIENCE....

You know what that is don't you? I'm sure you have heard of it at one time or another....

Semper

df1

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
you must be on the advisory counsel.... Salvation Army..... US Service member.....
Police or fire.....
You have to be contributing a lot to the community here...

Lets stay on topic. This thread is about out of control SWAT teams. Feel free to start a thread about me if you find me all that interesting.

So you provided a "source"... WOW

Actually the Police Complaint Center (PCC) has documented over 1000 instances of real life citizen experiences of filing police complaints at police departments across the country. This source is more than just some guy's opinion, it contains numerous videos of smug & arrogant bureaucrats with a gun failing to uphold their sworn duty to the citizens they represent.

I have a million of them that refute everything that you say...

Perhaps a gun and police badge will get you a free coffee & donut, but it won't win this debate. You can start refuting the above PCC videos anytime you're ready. We are all waiting on you.

But I have something more important... LIFE EXPERIENCE....

The true mark of intellect is ability to learn from the life experiences of others. Take it for it's worth.

You know what that is don't you? I'm sure you have heard of it at one time or another....

Some people are justified in being condescending, you aren't one of them.

[edit on 18-3-2007 by df1]

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I think this post is awesome, I do think that swat teams exagerate sometimes, just like cops, the bad thing about all of this is that sometimes everybody is stereotyped just because of one bad swat team just like cops, if swat teams are extreme and shoot inocent people in one state it doesn;t mean in another state they are the same way, its the same thing with cops, I know for a fact that cops in bakersfield CA are not as bad as the ones in San bernardino or San Fernando VAlley, and I imagine the swat team isn;t either.

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Actually the Police Complaint Center (PCC) has documented over 1000 instances of real life citizen experiences of filing police complaints at police departments across the country. This source is more than just some guy's opinion, it contains numerous videos of smug & arrogant bureaucrats with a gun failing to uphold their sworn duty to the citizens they represent.

WOW

1000 instances and only 700 THOUSAND Officers and 300 MILLION people... 365 days in a year and BILLIONS of complaints handled by the police and BILLIONS AND BILLIONS of contacts with police officers...

I would say that was pretty good....Excellent even...

Wonder how many complaints Microsoft gets? The bakery business or street sweepers...

Ridiculous.....

Semper

[edit on 3/19/2007 by semperfortis]

[edit on 3/19/2007 by semperfortis]

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 12:18 AM
link   

WOW

1000 instances and only 700 THOUSAND Officers and 300 MILLION people... 365 days in a year and BILLIONS of complaints handled by the police and BILLIONS AND BILLIONS of contacts with police officers...

I would say that was pretty good....Excellent even...

Wonder how many complaints Microsoft gets? The bakery business or street sweepers...

Ridiculous.....

Semper

Its already been pointed out and shown on your news how hard it can be to even lodge a complaint.

Also how many people in America know that, that web site even exists compared to your examples of Microsoft or a bakery etc

Thats whats ridiculous.

Did you put that BS meter on your avater for our sake Semper,to let us all know now that you intend to spread your BS thickly,you needn`t have gone to the effort,people aren`t as stupid as you like to think,we can spot it for ourselves.

Thanks anyway.

[edit on 20-3-2007 by gps777]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join