It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: N. Korea Suggests It Can Strike U.S. First

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 12:57 PM
link   
North Korea is now suggesting that it has the ability and the right to a nuclear pre-emptive strike against the U.S. according to a Foreign Ministry spokesman. North Korea first declared that it had Nuclear Weapons only last year and experts believe that they have extracted enough plutonium for half a dozen weapons. North Korea withdrew from the international Nuclear Nonproliferation Treaty in Jan. of 2003 and current Six-nation talks are stalled after the US put financial restrictions on N. Korea due to alleged currency counterfeiting and money laundering.

www.cbsnews.com
(AP) North Korea suggested Tuesday it had the ability to launch a pre-emptive attack on the United States, according to the North's official news agency. A Foreign Ministry spokesman said the North had built atomic weapons to counter the U.S. nuclear threat.

"As we declared, our strong revolutionary might put in place all measures to counter possible U.S. pre-emptive strike," the spokesman said, according to the Korean Central News Agency. "Pre-emptive strike is not the monopoly of the United States."

Last week, the communist country warned that it had the right to launch a pre-emptive strike, saying it would strengthen its war footing before joint South Korea-U.S. military exercises scheduled for this weekend.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This is just more bad news for an already world at the edge. I posted earlier today that it looks like the US is gearing up for something due to the highest oil supply levels in 7 years but after hearing that N. Korea has the ability to strike the US and belive that they have the right is just scary.

Related News Links:
en.wikipedia.org

[edit on 21-3-2006 by North Rider]

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 01:27 PM
link   
anybody with $20 worth of shot, and a bag of m80's can do a "preemptive" strike on the USA...

it aint who strikes first....

it is he who commits massive genocide and melts a small country into smooth glass that laughs last...

send em over Kim jong trolldoll... it will be the last we ever have to worry about you...

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Ditto Laz

Normally, I am all for peace. A tree-huggin, crybaby liberal, hippy...if you will. But Kim Jong is a nut, and if he thinks for one second that attacking first ensures victory, he wont have to worry about apologizing to his people because the whole north half of that island will be reduced to ashes.

Is he really that stupid? Who in their right mind wants to have a big-weiner contest with GWB?

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 01:40 PM
link   
It's funny, just yesterday I was listening to an "analyst" on TV state most emphatically that there was absolutely no proof at all that NK had a nuke. I wonder what she has to say today.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Does it really matter if they do or dont have a nuke?

they just want toys (like power and food), and will keep pulling sisters hair, until she smacks him, or realizes it is easier to let him have the damn toys...

Kims people are just real lucky that he doesn't scare anyone (with that hilarious hair, how can he?)

sabre rattling- nah...
more like binky rattling...
dont worry there baby... we will wipe your hinney soon enough...

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 02:05 PM
link   
North Korea has been saying that it can nuke the US since it got nuclear weapons. Anyone who knows a South Korean can confirm this.

Why is this suddenly made known to you US folks now?

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 03:36 PM
link   
His people are eating tree bark and maggots, but Kim Jong-Il's got nukes and cool shades. What more needs to be said for the Communist utopia. Well, there is that automotive time-capsule Cuba with their medical clinics on every corner and their impenetrable hurricane shelters, but Castro has no sense of style. Those army fatigues are so...last century.

df1

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 03:44 PM
link   
North korea has good reason to fear U.S. military action against it. If Saddam had actually possessed nukes I am pretty damn sure that iraq would never have been invaded by the chicken hawks in washington. It seems reasonable for nk to desire nukes as a deterent against a very real U.S. military threat.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by df1
North korea has good reason to fear U.S. military action against it. If Saddam had actually possessed nukes I am pretty damn sure that iraq would never have been invaded by the chicken hawks in washington. It seems reasonable for nk to desire nukes as a deterent against a very real U.S. military threat.

And South Korea and the U.S. has a reason to fear the NK that the country would try to invade SK again. This time nukes involved. Nukes help deter the U.S. from helping South Korea from defending the country again. At least thats what NK thinks.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 04:00 PM
link   
North Korea says Bush have 'spasm of a lunatic'
Jongo Bongo must of eaten some rotten kimchi again,
since he's confusing his own spasms to Bush
while contemplating thermonuclear suicide.

[edit on 21-3-2006 by Regenmacher]

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
His people are eating tree bark and maggots, but Kim Jong-Il's got nukes and cool shades. What more needs to be said for the Communist utopia. Well, there is that automotive time-capsule Cuba with their medical clinics on every corner and their impenetrable hurricane shelters, but Castro has no sense of style. Those army fatigues are so...last century.

Yes, state of the art medical clinics, a raunchy stinking uniform, and people commiting suicide by the hundreds. Where are their priorities?

apc

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Perhaps he is betting that if he deployed a few bombs (and crossed his fingers they actually worked) on a pending invasion, the US would pull back from the table.

Battle group offshore, a decent strike force in place in SK... pop off a nuke or two to "deter" the invasion. Worked for Russia against China.

Would the US return with a full nuclear assault? Unlikely. I think even the current administration would realize how bad of a move this would be. We put NK into orbit, and all of eastern Asia would be very very unhappy with us.

However this would guarantee a full conventional assault on NK and all out war.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beachcoma
North Korea has been saying that it can nuke the US since it got nuclear weapons. Anyone who knows a South Korean can confirm this.

Why is this suddenly made known to you US folks now?

Because most of my fellow Americans are brain dead buffoons. Most of them are idiots living in a fantasy world.

I made a thread when I talked about them threatening us. Hey, Beachcoma, did you know that NK fired a dummy missile at us that landed in Alaska? If you live in America, chances are you don't know about this.

I love it, though. You have people saying, "yeah, boyee, bring it on, glass parking lot!" Yet, these same people likely agree with the current US policy of pre-emptive strike. Just like the headlines: how DARE Iran say they'll fight back if they're attacked! Have you ever heard of such evil, the devil must be running that country!

It would be funnier than ComicView if so many people weren't dying. Oh, what the hell, I never miss out on a laugh at morons...

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I can see how this plays out;

NK pops off 6 nukes toward the US.

4 actually make it to the mainland.

1 get semi-close to its target.

About three minutes later, the Presidential "football" starts ringing. Bad sign.

18 minutes later, North Korea no longer exists.

The world is horrified but China keeps trading with the US and the middle east keeps sending their oil to the US.

The end.

(begins)

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Doubtful...think about what happens if the United State's returns fire on North Korea. They in turn run the risk of turning a conflict between both North Korea and the United State's into a global war.

Nuclear Weapons, not for hands of trained chimps.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I think Kim Jong-Il's is tad jealous nobody is paying much attention to him anymore. Everyone is Iraq this Iran might get the bomb that etc..

Rattle, Rattle goes Kim's saber pay attention to me I already got the bomb.

Its all stupid any such action would assure N Koreas total destruction. The US would never allow another nation to attack it with nuclear missiles and not retaliate in kind with nuclear weapons.

And the US has got a whole bunch more then N Korea.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 08:12 PM
link   
But Uncle Sugar knows:

The US Can Strike Last...

And in case N.K. misses the point, let me spell it out:

That means, YOU LOSE, Kim.

[edit on 21-3-2006 by Chakotay]

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
The US would never allow another nation to attack it with nuclear missiles and not retaliate in kind with nuclear weapons.

This is it in a nutshell. If a missile originating from N. Korea is identified, I doubt that anyone would wait for it to hit its target before a fusillade of nukes would be launched in return.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Kim Jong Ill is a chronic blowhard and the odds are that what he said was for domestic consumption (fearless leader and all that bullhoooey) but unless he is a fool on top of it he knows should he launch a nuclear attack he would be erased from the planet...I really don't see the need for all the macho posturing over it...unless it makes ya feel more like a man. All it would take is one quiet phone call via channels to remind him of the realities and unless he is mad, end of issue.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
This is it in a nutshell. If a missile originating from N. Korea is identified, I doubt that anyone would wait for it to hit its target before a fusillade of nukes would be launched in return.

I believe that any ICBM launched in the direction of the US, nuclear of non-nuclear, would draw the US into a conflict only depicted in novels.

Why should we have to go through all the logistics used to support a land based war when it all can be done from an underground room in Colorado?

Any pre-emptive strike such as the one mentioned would spell suicide for the nation that is dumb enough to do it.

And wait on world opinion? That's not even an option.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join