It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what's trolling?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Hey, I know this is a stupid question, but what's Trolling? I'm so terrified that I might do it by accident that I want to make sure I understand what it is so I can avoid it.
Thank you!
AMD

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Here you go mate, this should answer all your questions!

In Internet terminology, a troll is a person who posts rude or offensive messages on the Internet, such as in online discussion forums, to disrupt discussion or to upset its participants (see Anonymous Internet posting). "Troll" can also mean the message itself or be a verb meaning to post such messages. "Trolling" is also commonly used to describe the activity. For more discussion on definitions, see below.
en.wikipedia.org...

Visit the link for full details

EDIT: Fixed BB Code error

[edit on 21-3-2006 by AgentSmith]

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I can understand.

Trolling is (as i understand it) is going around from post to post, not contributing anything, just making little comments and irritating people.

How do i know this?

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I was scared that Trolling was reading a post and posting a comment. Sometimes I don't have anything to contribute that's intelligent so I got scared that I shouldn't be reading them either.
Thank you both for clearing that up, appreciated.
AMD

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 12:46 PM
link   
If you spot any other terms you are not familiar with it may be listed on A glossary of terms used on ATS.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 01:04 PM
link   
The nastiest kind of trolls are those skilled at flamebaiting. The only thing you can do is to not feed the trolls by not taking the bait.

This can be especially hard sometimes, especially if you're like me and refuse to put anyone on ignore (because it can be fun to catch those trolls making a totaly idiotic statement).

[edit - removed mysterious orphaned word]

[edit on 21-3-2006 by Beachcoma]

new topics

top topics

join