It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aviation legand Bob Hoover video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Bob Hoover unpowered twin commander stunt flight

I saw him do this at the Reno Air Races. awesome to watch it in person.

he was very good at dead stick flying

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Now that is a man who could fly!

Cheers for the ace video
thats gone into my files for certain.

Good video with a great commentary from the man himself - Just see how low he gets that plane with no power...awesome stuff.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by MadGreebo

Cheers for the ace video

Good video with a great commentary from the man himself - Just see how low he gets that plane with no power...awesome stuff.

it's all about energy managment

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigx01
[he was very good at dead stick flying

Must...resist....must...resist terribly bad sexual innuendo, must resist!

That was incredible!!!

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Cheers for the ace video

If I remember, that is the name of his demonstration. The last I heard he couldn’t get his medical(Hes 84, it was going to happen sooner or later) and is now stuck on the ground.

I saw him fly, shook his hand, and got his book autographed by him at Oshkosh a few years back. That’s a good place to run into people like Hoover, Yeager, and Bud Anderson.

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by uuhelpus

Cheers for the ace video

If I remember, that is the name of his demonstration. The last I heard he couldn’t get his medical(Hes 84, it was going to happen sooner or later) and is now stuck on the ground.

I saw him fly, shook his hand, and got his book autographed by him at Oshkosh a few years back. That’s a good place to run into people like Hoover, Yeager, and Bud Anderson.

i did some searching on the internet. his medical was denied in 93 but he got it back 2 years later. that is all that was said. i saw him perform in 96 at reno and he was 74 then

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by uuhelpus

Cheers for the ace video

i did some searching on the internet. his medical was denied in 93 but he got it back 2 years later. that is all that was said. i saw him perform in 96 at reno and he was 74 then

He flew at Oshkosh (98-01? not sure the year) when I saw him, I haven’t seen him fly in a few years so I assumed it was revoked again, Just looked he was flying as of 2005.sorry for the mix up
By my spelling I would say its time to hit the hay

top topics

join