It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. officials: Plan for bird flu (what?)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Anyone heard the story today about Schools being prepared?
Schools told to Prepare for Bird Flu

I was looking at the website that was included in the original article, and I saw this:

Statement by Mike Leavitt, Secretary of Health and Human Services, Regarding Second Strain of the H5N1 Virus

Okay, so we have at least another strain of H5N1, and a vaccine for the first strain, but the question I have is: Why bother making and stockpiling a vaccine for a strain that probably won't amount to much? Just curious.

Besides...8 million doses...how do you choose who to save?

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I dont understand why people are freaking out about this...its nothing unusual or strange...throughout human history theres been many virus's, disease, etc thats whiped out huge segments of our population....this one would be no different...we...as a whole....should definately think about it...and of course try to prevent an outbreak....but 1 or 2 people dying randomly in the world shouldnt be a top news story...our normal, boring flu still kills 1000 times more...

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 02:02 AM
link   
As someone who lived through the "SARS" and "Bird Flu" mediated event while living in Vietnam, my advice to you is "Don't believe the hype".

[edit on 26-3-2006 by deessell]

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 02:23 AM
link   
How exciting it would be to run around like a chicken with your head cut off! let me guess, overpopulation of China has nothing to do with flu? There are some old bugs that scientists just love to mistake for different new and exciting superviruses and pharmacopiasdont mind treating them, just like the department of offense doesnt mind protecting this country.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join