It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lawn freak murders 15 year old kid for walking on grass

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 08:35 AM
link   

BATAVIA, Ohio (AP) -- A man who neighbors say was devoted to his meticulously kept lawn was charged with murder in the shooting of a 15-year-old boy who apparently walked across his yard.

Charles Martin called 911 on Sunday afternoon, saying calmly: "I just killed a kid."

edition.cnn.com...

Highschool freshman, Larry Mugrage was shot in the chest and pronounced dead at the hospital upon arrival.

The story behind this one is, Martin was a nutcase about his lawn who kept it very neat and tidy, when the neighbour walked on the lawn he shot him in the chest.

Neighbors said Martin lived alone quietly, often sitting in front of his one-story home with its neat lawn, well-trimmed shrubbery and flag pole with U.S. and Navy flags flying.

Joanne Ritchie, 46, said Mugrage was known as "a good kid." She said she always also considered Martin to be friendly.

I don't really know what to make of this one.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Obviously was a nut, don't these people think before doing things?

A mild beating would have been suffice.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 10:47 AM
link   
A mild beating?

How about a fence? If your such a nut about your lawn, build a damn fence. I hope this guy rots in a cell for the rest of his life, and is given a nice nickname while on the inside.

This guy deserves everything he gets.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Yeah, a fence would probably do it. I really hope that when he's on the inside, someone sends him a video of them trashing his precious lawn.

I guarantee that he'll get the nickname Jenna and be someones, ahem, biatch.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I read this story on AOL this morning, then starting look through reader comments. About 98% of them were saying something like "well, the guy was just defending his property", or "the kid had been warned repeated times, he had it coming".

This dude shot a child in the chest in cold blood. He should get the chair.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

This dude shot a child in the chest in cold blood. He should get the chair.

That's what should happen, but he'll be kept alive, wasting your tax money doing so.

I say, if they've been put on death row, the chair would be the first and last thing they see.

Guys like this are complete scum.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 12:49 PM
link   
People are defending this guy? Defending his property? The kid is 15 years old, what harm did he threat? According to all the neighbours the kid was a good one, was not much of a troublemaker.

Even if he was a gangbanger, what the hell?

This is an absolute shame, and waste of a young life. I see this thread lighting up if somebody starts to shout out in defense of this Martin charachter.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 12:52 PM
link   
If anyone defends this 'person' then they themselves have something wrong with them.

Now I agree that the kid shouldn't have walked on this guys lawn, but shooting him? Insanity.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I've never understood the obsessive-compulsive thing. This seems to be a classic case.

When I read this thread I kept thinking of Mr. and Mrs. Howell on "Gilligan's Island" when they were cutting the grass with a cuticle scissors and then using a nail file on each blade.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I think this guy was just simply a nutcase, there's a little old lady down my road who loves her garden and it's pristine. But she's perfectly 'normal', a friendly hello when I walk past and everything.

I really, really hope he gets whats coming to him and doesn't get the insanity plea.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Lets get old testament on that ass and shoot him in the chest with a shotty.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I do not agree with the eye for an eye thoughts, but damn I would be more than happy to have it here.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I say good for the homeowner. Next, we need to go after the kids with the boom cars. I'm tired of law enforcement protecting these rude, worthless scumbags. The homeowner should be given a new riding mower and a trip to the Super Bowl.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
I say good for the homeowner. Next, we need to go after the kids with the boom cars. I'm tired of law enforcement protecting these rude, worthless scumbags. The homeowner should be given a new riding mower and a trip to the Super Bowl.

Seems justified. I mean the kid walks on the grass and has his chest blown open, I mean tit for tat right?

* chissler sits back and waits for someone to attack

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Does everyone become bitter as they get older?

oh snaps

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic

No, but most develop a capacity for abstract thought.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 08:51 PM
link   
L A W L

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic

Those who live in regret probably take out their insecurities of their life, out on those around them

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I had a neighbor like this. He is absolutely obsessed with his lawn. He seemed to be pissed that he had neighbors. He would use any excuse to call us to complain or call the cops
He would call the police for any reason. Any fireworks(jumping jacks, or explosives as he called them), My dad working on his car in the driveway, my dad listening to talk radio(not loud) in the garage in the middle of the day, too many cars in the driveway(3 more than usual) my brother playing basketball with his friends in the driveway(they looked suspicious, lol) small fires in our fire pit, playing with cap guns( I was 6 and you could tell it was a cap gun from a mile away) have a kite land on his yard, standing to close to his fence, my brother leaving for work at midnight(cars in and out all night long as he said).

If I ever thought he was a threat to me or my family, I would beat the living # out of him.

new topics

top topics

join