It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secretary of State Condeleeza Rice wants NFL Commissioner Job?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 08:30 AM
link   
This morning I was reading an article on ESPN.com about Paul Tagliabue (current commissoner of the NFL) retiring in July and as I was reading I came across a most disturbing item in the article. Condoleeza Rice wants the job as commissioner of the NFL.

Roger Goodell, the NFL's chief operating officer, and Atlanta general manager Rich McKay are the two leading candidates to succeed Tagliabue. Baltimore Ravens president Dick Cass also is considered to have an outside chance and Secretary of State Condoleeza Rice has said she would like the job.

"Ask her," Tagliabue said when quizzed about Rice's candidacy.

Now my question is this... Is this just a daydream of Rice's or is she seriously going to make a run for the job? This brings to light, at least in my eyes , several questions. As most people know, the NFL is a HUGE business in this country and brings in tons of money, most likely in the 100 millions. How can the secretary of state of our country handle a job of this magnitude along with the one she is already committed to? Could this be some sort of idea by the government to take over the largerest businesses in the country?

While I know this could just be something she mentioned in passing, it could also be something she might be considering seriously. What are some other thoughts on this?

(Mod's please move if I'm in the incorrect forum or if this should be on BTS, i figured it should maybe be on ATS because of the involvement of Condoleeza Rice as Secretary Of State.)

Edit: forgot to include link to the story sports.espn.go.com...

[edit on 3/21/2006 by McGuirk]

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 08:34 AM
link   
She would do well. The woman needs to get out of politics. As much as i hate to admit it, i dont think there's a conspiracy here at all.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 08:44 AM
link   
1st of all, Condi would resign as Sec of State before taking the job.

She is a huge football fan and I think she would handle the job well.

I personnally thought that GWB would be up for the job after his presidency was over, but Tagliabue is retiring now.

Well Commissioner of Major League Baseball might be better for Bush anyway.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 08:46 AM
link   
yea on second thought maybe it would be a good thing for her to get the job and get out of our government

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 08:47 AM
link   
My first thought is that this quote is being taken out of context. She deffinately made the statement, but was it said out of humour?

I would say she would do a good job at the helm, but until further confirmation I am under the impression this is being taken out of context and not meant to be understood literally.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Mcguirk: While I know this could just be something she mentioned in passing, it could also be something she might be considering seriously. What are some other thoughts on this?

just so you can see i did mention that it could be just mentioned in passing.

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I actually would like to see Condi become the Commissioner of the office of the National Football League. She needs to get out and stay away from the political realm. As for Bush becoming the Commissioner of the office for Major League Baseball I don't want it. The day Bush becomes commissioner of major league baseball is the day i stop following the game.

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Sorry but I gotta say that I don't see how she has the knowledge, the past experience or the apptitude to be commissioner of the NFL - a league that she has never taken any part in in any way shape or form. What background could she possible have to qualify her for such a position? She needs to stay out of football damnit, this is one of the only politic free zones that Americans have left. She should get a cushy job as CEO of some corporation if she wants out of government - but STAY away from my NFL beeyotch.

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice has ruled out applying for the job of commissioner of the National Football League. A big football fan, Rice says the opening has come "at the wrong time."

www.klastv.com

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I'm afraid that Rice will not be NFL commissioner, after all.

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 01:01 AM
link   
That is indeed good news. Here's to the future of the NFL. May it live long and prosper.

top topics

join