It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

saudi typhoon`s - a big what if

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 08:13 AM
link   
ok , now we all know that the saudi typhoon deal are not the cheapest aircraft..... far from it

but what if the brits have sold them a carrier as part of the package and hidden it as high per unit cost for each airframe?

They do have one not doing alot atm.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 09:44 AM
link   
why would we do that? you can't fly typhoons off a carrier

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 10:33 AM
link   
no , but the uk sell the carrier and a squadron of SHAR to fly off it - they get rid of 2 items that are going out of service and make money on them

that and maybe throw in some old stock sea eagle as well - give them the power to reach out and touch another navy

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 11:44 AM
link   
if the carrier you mean is invincible, she is slowly being dismantled to provide parts in order to keep the other two going till their replacements arrive in 2015-2018.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 11:54 AM
link   
The Saudi's simply don't need a carrier - they can fly right across iran from Saudi Arabia.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
no , but the uk sell the carrier and a squadron of SHAR to fly off it - they get rid of 2 items that are going out of service and make money on them

that and maybe throw in some old stock sea eagle as well - give them the power to reach out and touch another navy

SHAR?

You mean harriers? I doubt they will get sold, their damm old.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
SHAR?

You mean harriers? I doubt they will get sold, their damm old.
India is buying some of them...

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 01:20 PM
link   
They're not so old devilwasp the Shar 2 entered service in the early 1990's and the newest one retired is only four years old, there are older Typhoons in the test programme.
Maybe some of them will find their way to Thailand to replace their ridiculously old Harrier Mk.1's

[edit on 21-3-2006 by waynos]

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by waynos
They're not so old devilwasp the Shar 2 entered service in the early 1990's and the newest one retired is only four years old, there are older Typhoons in the test programme.
Maybe some of them will find their way to Thailand to replace their ridiculously old Harrier Mk.1's

[edit on 21-3-2006 by waynos]

Ah right so the SHAR 2 is the Sea HARier 2 I take it?

Right lol sorry my misunderstanding....

EDIT: I need to learn how to spell....

[edit on 26/02/2005 by devilwasp]

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 02:43 PM
link   
The youngest SeaHARier 2 was made in 1999 - so its younger than both of my kids!!

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   
You got it Devilwasp. I believe the RN started using the Shar acronym in the Falklands and the F/A.2 naturally became the Shar 2, it is also useful for lazy typists.

top topics

join