It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Death of America...Liberal thinking

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I have an idea to put forward.
There is a liberal, anti-american "cabal" that wants to end American power and influence in the world.
Hate America

John Kerry accuses U.S. troops of terrorizing innocent Iraqis in the night.

The Head of CODE PINK on Fox News says the U.S. is simply making more widows and orphans in Iraq right now.

CNN(Communist News Network) would rather die then say anything other then Anti U.S information.
Bad Economy
Iraq is imploding
Bush is clueless

FRance would say that the cure for AIDS is bad if and American invented it.

Liberals are simply against things. They are a failure at leadership.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by crmanager
I have an idea to put forward.

K.

Liberals are simply against things. They are a failure at leadership.

Liberals founded America.

Being against what America stands for, and for nothing but debt and big business giveaways makes you the Anti-American traitor.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I know I shouldn't ask....but why are conservatives good leaders? How would you define a "conservative"?

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Liberals founded America. OK, let's go with that as a premise for the sake of argument and discussion,

Those liberals were amongst the best educated men of their time, bar none. The liberals of today, and I am only speaking of the ones in Congress cannot match either the education or the wisdom of these men.
I mean seriously... Ted Kennedy or Thomas Jefferson, James Madison or Diane Fienstien, George Washington or Harry Reed; of course the concervatives can't match it either. Trying to compare todays version of liberalism with that of the founding fathers is, to my mind, a pointless endevour, because there is no comparison.

Being a concervative democrat I have issues with just about everybody in politics in America today.

There really aren't any good concervative leaders today...mores the pity.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Greetings Fellow Believers,

I am a Libertarian, defined by Webster's New Collegiate Dictionary as "One who holds to the doctrine of Free Will; also, one who upholds the principles of liberty, especially liberty of thought and action."

The country was founded by Liberals, defined in the same dictionary as: "Not bound by orthodox tenets or established forms in political or religious philosophy; independent in opinion; not conservative; often, specif., having tendency toward domocratic or republican, as distinguished from monarchial or aristocratic forms; hence designating one of the political parties."

The English language is liberal, but the point of discussion in this thread is to suppose that liberalism is ruining the country. Noting the definition of liberal--isn't it safe to assume that--if liberalism is ruining America--that both the democrats and republicans are to blame?

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Liberalism has wrecked America.

Recently George Clooney said Hollywood led the way in fighting racism. They also started it. Anyone remember Step n' fetch? How about "ya suh misser Benny?"

Liberals believe all actions and thoughts are equal. O.K. Polygamy? NAMBLA? Drug Use? We need to understand the terrorists?

Liberals believe the governement should be used to feed people...not to help them get jobs....then feed themselves.

Liberals believe that America is the problem. Well they are wrong.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 07:57 PM
link   
hollywood started racism????

the hollywood in california???

how old is this danged city, since racism has been around for thousands of years!!!

god, soon the poor liberal will be blamed for the fall of jericho, the murder of king tut, the demise of the dinosaur!!!

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 04:03 AM
link   
crmanager, I have two points to share:

1)In this bashing of liberals, why do you have to bring African Americans into your argument? Racism is a universal problem. Or is it convenient for you to bring up the stereotypes of Stepin Fetchit and Jack Benny's valet, Rochester (Eddie Anderson)? Yes, Hollywood did do films with racist stereotypes. So, I will concede you that point in your favor. But it wasn't because the movie colony represented liberalism. Racism supercedes any political group, ethnicity or race. Perhaps the negative depiction of people of color was in the eye of the directors, producers and writers of a film project. Not because any of these people represented a certain political affiliation.

2)There are many conservatives in Hollywood as well. Tony Danza. Tom Selleck. Arnold Schwartzenegger. Bo Derek. Charleton Heston. Chuck Connors. John Wayne. Shannen Doherty. And of course, your favorite, Ronald Reagan. Not to forget, Nancy Davis Reagan. Tell me, are they also implicated in your attack on Hollywood?

On the race issue: I will give you benefit of the doubt and post two sites that will educate you on both Stepin Fetchit and Eddie Anderson so that you will never ever think again that they were reduced to "just stereotypes". You have no idea how hard it was for African Americans to be in show business at all. And these two took a lot from Hollywood regardless of any political affiliation. In fact, they both paved the way for African American actors and actresses after them.

Stepin Fetchit
Eddie Anderson

With that being said, you still haven't defined why "conservativism" is good. Or, what, in your mind, a "conservative is".

[edit on 22-3-2006 by ceci2006]

top topics

join