It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you were President of the US?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 10:56 PM
link   
If you were President of the US what would you do? I'm curious. Would you immediately pull out all of the troops out of Iraq or let them stay to win the peace? What other things would you do as president?

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Well, well, you visit ATS website for advices, George?

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I would bring 100% of all over seas forces home, instantly. I would send them to our borders and lock them down, build a big wall with armed guards instructed to shoot to kill. 100% of all illegal aliens would be sent home, if they want to come back they can apply like everybody else. I would also cease ALL FORIEGN AID, every bit of it. You cant pick and choose how we help you, its all or none at all.

I would put all that cash into becomming energy and fuel independant and home defense.

I would let the rest of the world kill themselves if they wanted to.

The only people allowed to come to the US would have to declare their alegence and prove that they can benifit our society, after a two year wait. (to make sure they are for real)

English would become the national language. You can speak anything you want, but law would mandate you were totally fluent in English, written and verbal. All schools would only teach in English.

Any nation posing a direct threat to the USA would be destroyed. Any terror attack that had any kind of state sponsorship would be blamed on that sponsor state and that state would be destroyed. No occupation, just absolute destruction. Thats the arrangement: Threaten or attack US, be destroyed. Dont want to be destroyed? Leave us alone.

Another nation giving you trouble? Tough luck buddy, go pitch it to somebody else, we tried to help you all and you hated us for it.

Earthquake killed 10 thousand of your citizens? Ask Iran for help.

[edit on 20-3-2006 by skippytjc]

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I would stop attacking countries and i would try to stop the NWO from achieving its goal
:shk:
:w:
:shk:
:gom ods:
:w:

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I agree 110% with what skippytjc said!

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 22-3-2006 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I'd be mighty furious at the big stinking unsightly mess I'd just been dropped into by the previous President(s), then I would hand the Job straight over to someone who actually knows what they are doing, while securing myself a position "high up" enough to push through a few changes (Legalize it? Done
).

But before all of that, I would introduce a Global ban on people posting messages to messageboards that contain EVERY DARN SMILEY AVAILABLE IN A ROW. Punishable by 7 years of eating Gary Glitters nose clippings.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 03:54 AM
link   
1) Get rid of our current federal tax system, and change it to a flat % tax. You make $30,000 a year? You are going to need to give X% of that 30k to the fed. Real simple. Fair. No beurocratic crap.

2) Cut down on welfare big time. No free handouts from me.

3) Make every public service that can be private, private. It has been proven a hundred times over that provate business is more effecient then the federal government.

4) Cut spending in every area, save the following two:
A) Alternative Energy. As Skippy said, we need to become self reliant
B) Defense. I would make drastic increases in the budget. I would make it impossible for any country to even think it might be able to be our equal.

5) Cut aid/UN. I would cut all aid to everyone that did not directly benefit the US. If you do something good for us, we do something for you - no free money.

6) Great Wall of America. Like Skippy, I'm building a giant wall around the US. In fron of that wall will be MILLIONS of land mines. On that wall will by Machine gun nests and snipers. Patrolling above the wall will be helocopter gunships. You will be shot on site. Every IA will be deported.

7) Legalize Weed...and tax the hell out of it. If alcohol is legal, so too should be weed. I'd see how that went before legalizing other drugs.

I could think of a hell of a lot more, but there is a start.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I would definitely promote alternative energy sources much more than they are now. I would rather the country spend 200 billion dollars on developing alternative energy infrastructure rather than engaging in any additional new combat. Just imagine what the reaction of some middle eastern countries would be if the US president told them truthfully, "we no longer need any of your oil", of course I may be dreaming but imagine what that would do to the price of oil if our energy needs were supplied by alternative sources right here.

As far as the mess in Iraq goes, I would try to give people hope for a plan for both Americans and the Iraqis. I'm not sure what that would be at the moment though. I would want to get troops out of there but not leave a power vacuum that leaves space for another Sadam Hussein to take over. I suppose it's too late to go house to house and remove all powerful weapons and maintain strict control over entry and exit to a city. I don't believe the manpower was ever there to do that but I'm just not sure. If the power was on most of the time in Iraq and most people had jobs and felt secure, I don't think it would be as bad there.

As far as Iran goes, refer back above to my alternative energy strategy. If Sadam in a third world country can make the US think he is close to getting nuclear weapons, I don't know why we can't make people think we are close to developing a breakthrough in alternative energy use where we no longer need oil for our transportation needs. Perhaps if the investments were made, that dream could become reality as well.

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Hmm, Anything *ponders nuke option*

First off, I would issue an executive order making it impossible for any kickbacks into any government official's pocket. Then, I would tell Congress to get off their arse and get to work like they shoudl and Represent the people by asking the people about things!

Then, I would find out where that Bin Laden dude was, send a message in, ask him to bend over, and just as he did, a nuke would fly in.

Third, withdraw troops from everywhere but Iraq and Afghanistan (though troops would be on their way out after the nuke gets bin laden *he he*). I would also give Mexico an ultimatum "Keep your people in your borders....or else."
"Else Rambo might just have to pay a visit."

Also, send in the Special forces into the UN, with both an eviction notice and a notice that the UN is officially disbanded since the US is pulling out.

Of course by the time I get all this done either 1) I would have congressman trying to kill me so they could get their precious kickbacks back, or 2) I would hand the reins over to Chuck Norris
just so I could go hide in a bunker until the fallout from all of those round-house kicks settled

join