It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America is SO evil.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I'm tired of hearing about how much the civilian Iraqi's hate our troops, etc. etc. I have a brother-in-law over there on his 4th tour, one of my best friends going there with RBD14 on August 5th and I'm quite sure I'll get orders myself once I'm through with MSD training. The following pictures put a smile on my face and made me feel a tad bit more at ease about having our troops over there (though there is still a rather large chance for danger).

www.pbase.com...
www.strykernews.com...

I hope it does the same for some of you.

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Should you receive those orders, best of luck to you, and all my support. Not to mention a prayer or two. Thanks.

Yeah, those pictures sure do show a lot of hatred don't they.

Again all my best wishes and prayers will go with you.

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I am certain that there will be posts stating that this photo was retouched or even staged. However, I originally came from the Detroit. I used to work in Dearborn, MI which has one of the largest Iraqi communities outside of the Middle East. I have friends in that community and most are quite pleased that the U.S. entered Iraq and deposed Saddam Hussein. They are also quite please that a democratic election has taken place. This has given the Iraqi people a lot of hope for the future.

Unfortunately, as well all are coming to realize, many aspects of the war have been poorly planned or, as in the case of the insurgents, not anticipated at all. However, I also have hopes for the Iraqi people. I hope that they can stop their sectarian fighting and work together to reclaim their country and salvage it from the ruins of three years of war and nearly two decades of Saddam.

I thank you and your friends who are in Iraq or anticipate going to Iraq for your service. If anyone, anything, can make a difference in that strife-filled land, it will be the professionalism, courage and compassion that you demonstrate. Thanks.

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   
BT, I agree with you totally. My support for the wot hasn't blinded me to the rather obvious fact that the aftermath was and to this day was in alot of cases very poorly planned.

But as you said these are the folks that we need to send over in order to help the Iraqui's help themselves.

A few prayers can't hurt either.

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 01:57 PM
link   
The Silent Majority

I generally try not to get too political on ATS, but now and then I allow the shocking truth about me to leak out:

I'm an American, I love my country, I support our troops and I support their mission.

I know there are many ATSers who feel differently for various reasons, and that's fine. I respect the right of my fellow members to have their opinions.

This is my opinion, and if anyone has a problem with that, they already know where the sun don't shine.

AmenToArtillery, please pass on my highest regards to those Americans I am most proud of.

Don't let the propaganda fool you. There's a lot more of us than the media would have you know.

And we vote.

Continue to make us proud.

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Majic. Could not have phrased it any better my self. But to avoid another warning about short posts, I suppose I have to try.

Amen to Artillary. I have already said it a couple of times here, but it really can't be said too often. Give my warmest regards to your fellows, and just remember, there are more of us who support you and the cause you represent than most realize.

Stay safe.

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I had a recruiter call me this morn. All I ever wanted was a free magnet for my fridge... seesh!

top topics

join