It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Budget Constraints Leave FBI Without Email

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 04:22 PM
link   
This is just a wierd little story that I came across and thought I woudl pass along. As wierd as it may seem I belive that the US is going to go downhill like this. Not as drastic but in these kind of ways. I know this is nothing major but it is the start with a leader that spends and doesnt think about tomorrow.

NEW YORK (AP) -- Budget constraints are forcing some local FBI agents to operate without e-mail accounts, according to the agency's top official in New York.

"As ridiculous as this might sound, we have real money issues right now, and the government is reluctant to give all agents and analysts dot-gov accounts," Mark Mershon said when asked about the gap at a Daily News editorial board meeting.

www.poststar.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Probably because they don't need them.

I can see the abuse government employees would commit if they all had official .gov emails.

Ever see a bank fraud spam email from [email protected]. That would be funny.

'Attention this is agent corrupt at the FBI. We have noticed strange terrorist related transactions from your personal bank account. We beleive these transactions are committed used stolen accoutn information. We have no reason to beleive it was you who was responsible for these transactions. In order to verify your indentiy and to further investigate these charges, please send me your social security, mothers maiden name, all bank account numbers in your possesion, credit card numbers, and a scanned copy of your photo ID. You may respond to [email protected], Thank You"

I can see it. I dont beleive for a second the FBI is having trouble with funding email accounts for their employees if they wanted and needed them. I have had an email account since I was 7. They cost like 50 cents a year. BS article. But then again they probably need people overseeing them for classified information being passed around, it might cost alot in security, but still if they wanted and needed them, they would have them.

[edit on 20-3-2006 by ImplementOfWar]

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 04:40 PM
link   
wow, how expensive can it be to have a few hundred email accounts if at that?

i know their servers are far more secure and have a bigger upkeep, but it can't be THAT drastic that will force them not to give every agent one.

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 10:54 PM
link   
According to this article I just read on CNN news, one of the most effective ways to fight terroism is e-mail and the internet, they consider it to be a tool neccesary to agents. I think I've heard it all now. actually I might have put that wrong, its ann effective way of communications, still says the same to me. And wow, how about the 100 agents who got the gift of internet ready phones by Blackberry.

Seems to me those are just means of fun-time for the agents, they dont seem to get enough done as it is,what a joke.

www.cnn.com...

new topics

top topics

join