It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looks like a fresh one to debunk

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by jbondo
That didn't take long at all! Thank you Gentlemen!

And ladies too!
I like to debunk things as well. But maybe there are more guys on here then women.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 03:00 PM
link   
The flying saucer video is an obvious homage to the Mexico City saucer job. Not horrible work.

As for the hoax videos, the most annoying thing about them is how people keep bringing them up, all excited, that they finally have good proof, then they get all pissy when they're told about the fake. Many will flip themselves over upside down to "prove" the video is real, even though they have no more proof than anyone else.

Besides, we already know what we need:
Photo
Artifact
Authoritative statement
Personal access

Looks like a good time to come up with a catchy acronym. "PAAP?" Nah, something better.

P.S. - Let's see somebody come up with a video that lasts 30 minutes. Not just the usual 10-15 seconds. That would go a long way toward proving that it's "real."

[edit on 21-3-2006 by Enkidu]

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enkidu
The flying saucer video is an obvious homage to the Mexico City saucer job.

Yeah, with all the same tell tale signs of hoax.

And as far as people getting "Pissy" over being told something isnt real, or whatever it's explaination, I always look at it this way:

If they dont get the answer they want here, theyre going to go elsewhere and find those willing to believe what they do. Ultimately this hurts the UFO research field and misleads the interested public.

[edit on 21-3-2006 by jritzmann]

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by jritzmann
Well, I have the Meier footage to do first...

Ah, another Billy M'wire fan...

If it helps you, I was looking over his shot of the ufo over the field/woodpiles (called Billy_Meier_494.bmp where found it) and noticed the shadow side of the saucer seems to be the wrong color. The (reflective) area is heavily red in a scene mostly green and blue. Something to check for, anyway. He's getting better, but it looks llke he doesn't understand ambient light completly yet.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jritzmann
If they dont get the answer they want here, theyre going to go elsewhere and find those willing to believe what they do. Ultimately this hurts the UFO research field and misleads the interested public.

I don't know. I've gone back and forth on this argument for years. Sometimes I feel that hoaxers are evil incarnate. Other times I just think they're a pesky annoyance, like a gnat.

I guess it just depends on how much credit I'm going to give the general public any given day. On one hand, I guess I would like to see the UFO research "community" (if there is such a thing) gain a bit more respectability, but I don't think hoaxers have much of an effect on that. If an interested person sees some short UFO footage on TV, they probably aren't going to make any firm judgments about it. Most people know what can be done with special effects, so they take it all with a grain of salt.

Of course, there will always be the kooks who believe it all without bothering for proof of any kind. But they've already made up their minds about it, and a hoax isn't going to sway them either way.

Hoaxes do provide the UFO community the opportunity to present their case and their expertise to the public. And if it's made clear that someone in the UFO community is doing the debunking - a debunking believer - that actually adds weight to the opinion and furthers the notion that the days of debunkers v. believers is a thing of the past. That there are rational experts out there in the UFO field who don't jump up and wave every blurry photo around, claiming it to be proof positive of imminent alien invasion.

To the general public, this will (hopefully) evolve into an understanding that not all UFO enthusiasts are wingnuts waiting for the Space Brothers to land, and many UFO experts are really trying to find solid proof and good, hard evidence to back up claims of extraterrestrial contact, intervention, or what have you.

I think, or at least I hope, that most people have finally had enough of the fringe freaks, the people who are either all for or all against the notion of UFOs as things that are unusual and deserve serious study. The rabid believers or debunkers are boring, like church fundamentalists, because they always say the same thing. No new information. No conversation. Just dogma.

So, I don't know. So I have to sort through the chaff to get to the wheat. Nobody said it was going to be easy. On the positive side, whatever might eventually be proven to be REAL and not a hoax, will certainly have been tested in every possible way, making absolutely sure that it is REAL. Which means something in my book. I always want the best, airtight proof I can get, if for nothing else than to make sure I don't look like a complete fool. Sure it's disappointing to find out someone's just trying to pull a fast one. But it's better than the alternative of putting all of your faith into something only to discover later that it's all just a lot of hogwash.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I'm glad there are people around who can analyze these things down to the most minute detail, but the fact is that just looks fake. Ed Wood would have killed for special effects as good as that, but it's still not much better than a model on a string. Seeing something like that is like listening to recorded music. I don't care how big your speakers are or how much money you spent on your amp, nothing will ever make it sound live.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Here's another one that may be new to ATS. The lights at the end are very good.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 05:55 PM
link   
jbondo - I have personaly never seen that one before.

After looking at it a few times, a majority of the video is to dark to discern legitamate details. The last frames appear to indicate a gondola at the base. I am doing a search for UFO Hot air balloons.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by jbondo
Here's another one that may be new to ATS. The lights at the end are very good.

www.youtube.com...

Here's an earlier thread; it's a hot air balloon; here's a picture of it being inflated.

The earlier vid didn't have the flash at the end; cool effect!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join