It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Looks like a fresh one to debunk

page: 2
0
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 08:00 PM
link   
denythestatusquo - You have some unusual conclusions. I simply stated people are tired of the less than stellar imagery and video being produced these days. This is why people will resort to making classic looking UFOs in their faked productions.

You erred in your conclusion that I suggest "that people should make fake UFO vids so that it will somehow encourage real ones." Its clear to me that many of the UFO vids on Youtube are more tributes to the old idea of UFOs. Simple as that.

[edit on 20-3-2006 by nullster]




posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by denythestatusquo
The quality of the rendering is very good in this video since most high cost movies in Hollywood (eg. Starwars), are still not making CGI images 100% believable.


I'd disagree with that, as the rendering quality isnt even attainable in such a web streamed video. We can see the obvious errors like cam matching and poor masking, if this were better quality, we'd most likely see alot more. (Which is probably the whole point of the over compression.)

As far as Hollywood CG, I'd say considering alot of the sets were digital or model composite that CG, particularly on SW, Revenge of the Sith and most people didnt know what was and what wasnt CG...it's pretty good stuff.

This UFO is like Nullster said, probably at worst an Adobe product, at best maybe a MAX render.



posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by denythestatusquo

Originally posted by jritzmann
Well, I cannot help those who refuse to see.

If you cannot see the obvious errors, especially the overlap of a bad mask job on the trees in th first shot, there's no amount of anything to convince you.

I think in another post you ragged someone for their belief system interferring with what they categorize as a hoax. Is it possible your might suffer the reverse of that same affliction in judgement.

No ill will intended, but like I said, if you cannot see the overlap of the disc on the tree, then youre not looking with the intent to see it.



You have more expertise than many of the rest of us here, then please show some blowups then because I am not seeing the masking you are talking about here and I'm not taking anybody's word on it either.

In regards my views on UFO's I have personally seen them so I believe, my question to you is this: what are your beliefs on this subject since it may have bearing on how you analyze this video.

Once again if the masking is there then make it more apparent to people because it is not obvious to me. Furthermore, now you have dropped the issue of the movement of the ufo for some reason. You probably realize that it has nothing to do with whether the vid is real or not, as I suggested on a few ocassions now.


[edit on 20-3-2006 by denythestatusquo]


Movement? I said the motion track was off, how many times do I have to say it?

I gave you a blowup showing the mask is NOT covering the disc one frame, and then covering the next, you clearly see the keyframe error of the bobble...I mean what else do you want man? Ya got Nullster here who's a wicked modeler/animator, ya dont wanna look at what I'm showing ya and "get it" ...then listen to him, he knows his stuff.

My own experience with this UFO thing I talk about here on ATS quite a bit, but ya know what, that makes zero difference to what the video shows, and that you refuse to see.

Sorry, but I have precious little patience with people who find a neato net video and try and argue it's validity based on nothing. Where as you got 2 people here trying to tell you, because we work with this stuff everyday...and you just cant grasp the stills showing but *one* instance of what it is.

As I said, it's a waste of time to people you cant get thru to.



posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jritzmann

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984

(Nevermind the statement already made about the disc not rendered in between the fine edges of the trees)


Don't just dismiss my view dude. Remember that some poeple may not see the technical details. I thought my point was valid.

Slinks away feeling very hurt


Dude, you totally misread me, I'm adding you into the already long list of why this isnt anything but a CG job. Youre 100% correct, I aint dissin' ya.


Oh sorry dude my mistake about that.


denythestatusquo Dude i have seen a lot of evidence to suggest ufo's are real, so why would i say this is a hoax? Because many things are wrong in the video. I try and look at things in a logical way and this video is a really bad one. If i spent a few hours with a decent video editing suite i could do this, actually i could do much better.

[edit on 20-3-2006 by ImaginaryReality1984]



posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 08:29 PM
link   
there is a very slight irratic movement or wobble that looks as if its was an accidental cgi fault. You might argue that could be a natural movement of a UFO, but i think its to sharp and irratic to be this.



posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984

Originally posted by jritzmann

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984

(Nevermind the statement already made about the disc not rendered in between the fine edges of the trees)


Don't just dismiss my view dude. Remember that some poeple may not see the technical details. I thought my point was valid.

Slinks away feeling very hurt


Dude, you totally misread me, I'm adding you into the already long list of why this isnt anything but a CG job. Youre 100% correct, I aint dissin' ya.


Oh sorry dude my mistake about that.


denythestatusquo Dude i have seen a lot of evidence to suggest ufo's are real, so why would i say this is a hoax? Because many things are wrong in the video. I try and look at things in a logical way and this video is a really bad one. If i spent a few hours with a decent video editing suite i could do this, actually i could do much better.

[edit on 20-3-2006 by ImaginaryReality1984]


No need for apologies boss, if anything, *my* apologies for not being clear.


But youre right again, this is a bad attempt. There's some good footage out there, and this aint it. This one's a waste of time. Unfortunately this kind of thread is part of the whole of Ufology's problem, accountability.



posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Here's another...



You'll note the trees are dark...right?

Look where the UFO intersects the tree branches. You'll see less defined leaves, and no branches. Yet, you see surprisingly more disc then you should. These leaves are masked, and masked poorly. The alpha channeled style mask is not picking up the finer areas of the branch, and are making for too much disc to be seen thru, and also attributing to floating leaves...with no branch.

Also note that the leaves have white edges where they intersect the disc. Again, poor masking of the tree. That white, is the background sky...becasue there was no disc there in the footage. Think of the leaves and branches being cut by a cookie cutter you ahve to make. You either cut the mask by hand, or let the alpha channels do it (by your setting). Not doing it right, inadvertently cuts into the sky pixels, from the leaves, because the setting of the tightness around the mask is too "loose", or the video quality wasnt great enough to get it dead on.

The bottom line is, if the disc were really there, those branches against a grey disc would be MORE pronounced then the poor ones we see here, and they'd have branches to support the leaves. And they'd not have any white fuzzed edges.



[edit on 20-3-2006 by jritzmann]



posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Of course that's a fake. One can tell by the UFO physics. The same physics that are in other faked videos.



posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Bunk/Debunk

Debunking fake UFO pics and footage does not disprove the existence of UFOs. It just proves the existence of fake UFO pics.

"True believers" in UFOs and extraterrestrials should be grateful for the service debunkers perform, because every red herring they shoot down is one less lie standing between them and the truth.

And the truth is that UFOs exist.

The question is: what are they?

The only way to find that out is to seek the truth, and be prepared for wherever that search may lead you.

Odds are, you'll be amazed by what you find.



posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Hi jritzman,

I finally understood what you were talking about only after your last post. Perhaps I have a crappy monitor but I really couldn't see the detail until you blew it up and I could see the white edges around the branches where the masking took place. Perhaps other members suffer the same limitations I do.

Anyway, thanks for the analysis.



posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by highhorse313
Hi jritzman,

I finally understood what you were talking about only after your last post. Perhaps I have a crappy monitor but I really couldn't see the detail until you blew it up and I could see the white edges around the branches where the masking took place. Perhaps other members suffer the same limitations I do.

Anyway, thanks for the analysis.


Anytime. I have to consider I'm looking at a huge monitor, and most people arent...so thats why I posted the last image.

Now if no one can see that one, I'm done.



posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Thanks jritzmann, another excellent debunk! I would vote for you for WATS but my votes are up for this month, perhaps next month when I get paid my new votes


I'd rather not put you in this position, but would you ever considder making your own fake UFO video so you can proof how it's really done? ofcourse paste something obvious on the UFO like "USS Hoax" or something lol, i'd love to see what a professional can conjure...



posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 08:10 AM
link   
hee hee - thats a scary " UFO " even the clouds crap themselves and run away - lol

must try harder



posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Thos kind of UFOs are so old. When was this made? If it is real, it looks like a model attached to a string...it seems fake to me.



posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I don't think anyone has picked up on the first thing I noticed.... after it went behind the trees, the cameraman made absolutely no effort whatsoever to follow it. Now if I was filming something like that, I would be tracking it and running to try and get round the trees, or at least following it through the trees.

It looks like pre-filmed footage with the UFO 'tacked on'.



posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maus0r
I don't think anyone has picked up on the first thing I noticed.... after it went behind the trees, the cameraman made absolutely no effort whatsoever to follow it. Now if I was filming something like that, I would be tracking it and running to try and get round the trees, or at least following it through the trees.

It looks like pre-filmed footage with the UFO 'tacked on'.


Totally the first thing I noticed too. This is one of those films where I watch it and almost instantly think its a fake. I only watched it twice, second time just to confirm my initial judgement. The photo/video analysis is essential of course, its great to have professionals around to provide facts with the evidence. The scene looks too deliberatley set up too - nice white sky for the typical shape UFO, some forground detail (trees) to try and convince the viewer the object is really there...i'd have stuck a few spectators in there myself! Bit of a poor effort



posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 10:12 AM
link   
That didn't take long at all! Thank you Gentlemen!



posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 10:39 AM
link   
[randrant]

I'm constantly amazed at the march of technology. Every day, more and more people are able to produce worse and worse images. And now we've got cell phones to contend with.

"Hey! I got this great UFO on my cell! I didn't see it at first when I shot the [underexposed+shaky+out-of-focus+digital-30x-zoom] picture of my dog in the backyard [just two miles from the airport] ?!!"

And then it will be posted in Flash or the DRM codec des jour.

[/randrant]


So, place any bets on how long it takes for this one to show up again on ATS?



posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo
Thanks jritzmann, another excellent debunk! I would vote for you for WATS but my votes are up for this month, perhaps next month when I get paid my new votes


I'd rather not put you in this position, but would you ever considder making your own fake UFO video so you can proof how it's really done? ofcourse paste something obvious on the UFO like "USS Hoax" or something lol, i'd love to see what a professional can conjure...


Well, I have the Meier footage to do first, which I been meaning to make time for, for a month. If I get time to do a CG one, I'll play.



posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 02:47 PM
link   
No doubt it's cgi. I almost laughed when I first saw this basically because of the texture the craft and the manor it moves in and also the person filming didn't run round the tree and film more. Wouldn't you if you saw a huge alien spacecraft flying in perfect view infront of you?



new topics

top topics



 
0
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join