It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First 2006 Debate Tournament

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 07:46 PM
link   
wrong thread vagabond? HAHAHAHAHAHAH
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ok thats out of my system....lol.... good job vaga

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 07:51 PM
link   
ROTFLMAO

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 07:55 PM
link   
god dang you guys have fast eyes. Well zen, is it too late for me to offer to let you go ahead and live that down for a response in kind?

(on the bright side- mine resulted from an abundance of caution- I intentionally preview my debate posts in THIS forum so that an errant click or other error cannot taint the uneditable forum. I just never meant to actually CLICK post reply. It proved to be a wise policy too. I rechecked before posting in the right forum, and found errors). Not that I expect you guys to believe that, but it happens to be a true.

That's what I get for staying up 30 hours straight to read from Mein Kampf instead of sleeping.

Edit to add: You know Zen, considering what an abundance of similar circumstances I see affecting both you and I, I think I'm gonna have to bet on whoever wins the Grim v. Rdube debate, regardless of which one of us advances.

[edit on 15-4-2006 by The Vagabond]

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 07:58 PM
link   
i must have hit the myats button perfect timing. clicked on this, saw that, laughed like hell.

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Vag, darling, I really hate that you stayed up that long to read this book. Because i'm going to have to shoot you down, hun. Get some sleep. My post won't be up for awhile as i'm doing other things. I will try to have it on by the time you get up in the morning though.

Nighty night and have sweet dreams about me ripping you a new one.

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 08:01 PM
link   
You have no idea just how bad you should feel for me. I'm no stranger to long hours, but that book is incredibly disorganized and needlessly complex, almost to the point of contradiction in some places. It's like one of Majic's posts (or mine), only with no skepticism and (for obvious reasons) loose regard for the rules of English grammar.

Edit to add: I'm sorry to burst your bubble zen, but as far as I can see you have exactly one frail hope of victory here, and at this point it's not so much in your hands as in the interpretation of the topic and the judges' views on a couple of gambles we each took.

And to be completely honest, at the rate we're both going, both in terms of how we got here, our similar forum misfortunes, etc- I really don't think either one of us stands a chance in hell of walking away from this tournament with anything we ever want to talk about again.

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 09:46 PM
link   
You seem stressed, Vag? What? Are we going to have hard feelings after this?

I will come on tomorrow night to post my closing argument. Best of luck to you The Vagabond.

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I don't keep hard feelings over debates
. We're cool.

There are just little things about this tournament that haven't quite clicked, and ironically you and I have shared many of them in common, although I can't speak for you and I may be the only one who feels strange about them.

2 bye rounds against two opponents who could have been legitimate challenges under ideal circumstances, embarrassing wrong-thread posts, minor snafus of style here and there, and absolutely NO slight to any of the competition intended- but the absences of hotshots like WyrdeOne and TheLibra, who I would have RELISHED the chance to go up against (and to whom I would almost certainly have lost at this rate).

What I'm saying is that I'm my own Simon Cowell (or however you spell that guy's name), and so far I haven't quite hit one out of the park in truly penant worthy fashion. I'm on this odd balance of feeling like I'm earning a win and feeling like I haven't lived up to my reputation.

But no, whoever takes me out, or whoever I take out in the end, depending on where I go from here- no bitterness to them. Just a little at myself and at a few nameless twists of fate along the way.

(suppose it could be the sleep deprivation talking- but I'll have the answer to that tomorrow morn.)

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Well, I apologize if I did not offer enough challenge for you. I was simply presented with an argument and I argued it the most logical way that I could. I did my best.

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Nothing to do with the challenge you presented Zen, despite my tendancy to poke fun at you, I wouldn't presume to seriously insult you. I think the heart of my frustration is simply that I expected much more from myself; I expected hall of fame calliber from myself, and I don't quite see it.

It's like pointing to the centerfield wall ala Babe Ruth, then hitting an RBI single to win the game. Sure, great, you did good, but you didn't get that picture perfect moment you'd be killing yourself to make happen.

You did fine, although frankly you did miss opportunities to outflank me, and I suspect that those missed opportunities may prove decisive. On the other hand, by my own admission, I also failed to create the opportunity for that perfect post that I wanted to hit you with.

No disprespect, but I was looking for a unanimous decision to back up the talk we've been exchanging in good fun, and we both know it ain't gonna be unanimous; even the big-mouthed, metallic-skulled bully has to admit that.

Edit to add: whoever comes out of this ontop, we're gonna have to grudge match sometime here. I like your aggressive attitude and the way you apparently realize how to work the clock. I'd like to see how things go between us when we're both firing on all cylinders, now that we're about to find out how things go when we're both so bass ackwards that we can't even post in the right forum. lol. (talk about poetic justice. I rushed to edit that post so fast but I knew right away it was gonna be caught.)

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Well, Vag you've been a very admirable and worthy opponent. And, I will square off with you any time! I've been a little distracted w/my research project and that may have caused me to be a little off during this debate, but I still feel as if though I did a good job.

My part is complete.
I wish you all the best in this! Really.

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   
rdube i would like to appologize now, ahead of time, for really lacking on my last two posts. if you have noticed im on a major break through for the 9/11 case and im contacting all sorts of people with the info, and today and yesterday i was on another major breakthrough, so i havent been paying much attention to the past two posts. if i lose, i probably deserve it. you made a great arguement and is well wrothy of being in the finals.

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I too got the feeling that you were just off your game enough to help me survive the fact that I started strange too.

On a re-read, it wasn't completely the insomnia talking, but I do find that I pulled it together as the debate progressed. There are little things here and there I should have done better, but same on your side, so it should be an interesting result to read.

Some day when we're both feelin like huckle-berries maybe we'll play for blood again.

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I might have been off my game a wee bit, but I think I did well! We'll see how it plays out. I'm content. Could've done better, could've done much worse.

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Alright Nygdan. Tell the judges to get away from the table, tell their families to wait, and just forget all about our lord and savior, because there's a debate to judge and Zen and I are on the edge of our seats.

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 06:45 PM
link   
yep rdube is waiting on for closing statement then its all up to the judges.

by the way i got board and started checking out random political forums, i swear i could vomit. some people are such pro war pro bush supporters i feel sick. just needed to add that because thats what im doing right now cause the forum is slow for easter.

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by grimreaper797
rdube i would like to appologize now, ahead of time, for really lacking on my last two posts. if you have noticed im on a major break through for the 9/11 case and im contacting all sorts of people with the info, and today and yesterday i was on another major breakthrough, so i havent been paying much attention to the past two posts. if i lose, i probably deserve it. you made a great arguement and is well wrothy of being in the finals.

Grim - don't sweat it. I did notice toward the end you didn't seem to be putting as much effort into it. I've definitely seen much better from you in your other debates. Hope things go well with the research.

I wanted to mention quickly, now that I've posted my conclusion - this debate has been very difficult for me. I've always considered myself extremely tolerant regarding all other religions, regardless. So being forced to defend such a controversial position - and one attacking a religion which takes great offense to anything negative about Prophet Muhammad, was not fun.

I thought long and hard about twisting the statement so as not to have to take a negative approach, but it's pretty difficult when the statement is "Islam is a religion of peace". How can saying Islam is not a religion of peace ever be considered not a negative position....

Anyway, seeing as this is the next to last round, and that I want very much to go head to head against the winner of the other debate, I just did what I had to do. But it left a very bad taste in my mouth. I only hope, for the final debate, if the topic is controversial, it will be one in which both sides would have to defend a politically incorrect position.
That's all I wanted to say.

Hope everyone is having a great Easter - it's all in the judges hands now.

-Ry

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Rdube & Grim...I want to commend you both on a job well done! Great debate!

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 09:24 PM
link   
last two of my posts i burned out, i dont even feel like i deserve to win if i did because the lack of effort i put into those posts. ive just been running on fumes for the past few days...ughh holidays.

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by zenlover28
Rdube & Grim...I want to commend you both on a job well done! Great debate!

Thanks zen! Same to you and your debate - both of you did a fantastic job and it should be a close one. The final round is sure to be quite a match whichever way it goes. Best of luck!

-Ry

[edit on 17-4-2006 by rdube02]

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join