It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Nuclear War Really Unthinkable??

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 11:22 AM
link   
really this plot by the russians & china has got to be uncovered fully to avert a nuclear terrorist strike.................
this web site i'm going to show gives chilling
evidence of not only russia's preparations.........................
but also their secret KGB funding
of Al Qaeda here's the link this guy seems too have alot of info....

www.jrnyquist.com...

Edit: All caps title.

[edit on 20-3-2006 by intrepid]

[edit on 20-3-2006 by the_sentinal]

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 11:45 AM
link   
No nuclear war is not unthinkable.
You can think about it all you want.

Is it realistic?
Well, a nuclear war involving the US or Russia is not very realistic. There's not a country out there that's stupid enough to start a nuke war with either Russia or the US. The US and Russia nuking each other is unrealistic as it wouldn't benefit either country.
All this is based on global politics today. If 20, 50, 100 years from now things are much different then....who knows....

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 11:51 AM
link   
The N.W.O. would love to bring on an all out war, Bush is in a corner like a trapped rat, this is not good, that is just how the N.W.O. likes it, it makes it easier to incite some sort of MAD [Mutual Assured Destruction] \ Armageddon that they so want.

The truth is the anti relationship of blackmail, which Bush is a puppet to big time. The truth will set this Nation free, we my have a black-eye, but we will be better for it in the short and long run.

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I'll have to agree with you Manchurian, Bush is cornered like a trapped rat. A nuclear war is VERY realistic, but maybe not with US & Russia. If that was to happen, how do you think the aftermath after it would be??? Now that's unthinkable.

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Maybe Russia knows something we dont know. Maybe they have thought of a way to survive a nuclear winter, possibly some kind of environmental suit or something like that.

This would allow Russia to start a nuclear war with all the major superpowers in the world and they would all retaliate as many apocalyptic scenarios have played out. except Russia emerges during the nuclear winter with full strength somehow and occupies all of the now starving, defensless countries. The Soviet Union re emerges and the whole world is one big communist goverment. Just a thought

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 09:47 PM
link   
J.R. Nyquist is an intelligent and informed guy, but is also a man who is seemingly bitten by the same bug that Joseph McCarthy was bitten by.

J.R. Nyquist is very anti-Communist.
As such, he has been steadily talking this kind of stuff since the collapse of the Soviet Union in 1991. He has persisted in pushing the notion that today's Russia is actually a front-government that is run by a bunch of old-traditionalist Communist hardliners that are seeking to continue Marx and Lenin's versions of world revolution...by any means necessary.

seekerof

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Russia is probably the ONLY country that knows how [or certainly has prepared well] for nuke aftermath.
Since the great deception of end of so called cold war Russia has vastly accelerated its bumker programme.
Yam mountain at a reputed 400 sq miles has to be one such place.
My wife is Russian we live in uk butgo back to Russ frequently.
When I ask her in laws about this mountain they change the subject.
Even they dont know the reality,but they know its sinister.

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 10:42 PM
link   
And the US is just sitting there for the taking. Why would Russia want to start a war with the US. How would they benifit from this?

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 10:52 PM
link   
what is so unbeleivable is the lack of preparation by our own country the russians have obviously been preparing for this for many years

my father-inlaw built a fallout shelter under his house. stocked with many
provisions.. i thought he was crazy untill i started reading up about
how the russians doing all this seemingly behind a veil of the utmost secrecy
and we give then money to do it is what really gets me.......

i think my father-inlaw was'nt so crazy after all....

better stock up on those potassium iodine pills while supplies last!!!!

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by the_sentinal
what is so unbeleivable is the lack of preparation by our own country

Both Russia and the US have been prepared since the cold war...

(as far as the U.S., I'm not just talking about underground bunkers. Look at how many military bases the US has worldwide. Look at where they are located.)

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 01:46 AM
link   
yes offensively we have the upper hand (I HOPE) but the elaborate measures underground thay have taken that we have not is quite troubling the link to the web site at the top shows that we have grossly neglected to prepare defensivly

russia having a 400 square mile bunker underground which is accually an underground city... why would we not think it possible that we could lose a nuclear battle.

if missle defence systems are a sham then we are sitting ducks!!!

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Most people mistaken the true powers of nuclear weapons.

The Fatboy that was dropped on Hiroshima was only 1 millionth of the force created by the St Helen's volcano erruption.

Even current nuclear weapon only has about 1 hundreth of the force created by hurricanes and earthquakes, but people have been living with hurricanes and earthquakes for millenias.

Even with the realization of MAD wiping out all human civilizations on earth, it's not the end of life on the planet. Bacteria, micro organism, cockroaches and other life forms would all survive fom nuclear blast.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 06:33 AM
link   
The way I see it,

You won't get many answers here mate. Everyone has their own agendas. Eg. One person says that it will benefit the NWO (which isn't a recognised organisation and probably doesn't exist) and on the other hand people are bringing in totally different topics.

You'd be best off researching without getting 1,000 different opinions thrown at your rather than cold solid facts.

FNF

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Russia is in a terrible state as it is. They should sort out their own country before thinking of starting a nuclear war.
The birth rate in Russia is something like 50% of what is needed to sustain the population, and according to one Russian general only 11% of his 'recruits' were 'fit'.
Generally Russia is very weak at the moment, and even plans to make the country more 'Nationalistic' arn't very successfull as the country seems to be splitting up more and more (nationality wise).
The only country that I believe may start a nuclear war is America (due to Bush's belief that he is guided by 'God', and the militarys trigger happy attitude)... But even then the other countries may not respond, as two wrongs don't make a right.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I've posted this before but I'm happy to do it again

Why not just read this page all about Trident ICBM's

www.acronym.org.uk...

Modern nukes are multi warhead types with the power to totally destroy ANY country. Not only do they blow away all the people and buildings over a vast area they leave the whole place radioactive for 100's of years.

If you want to live with any kind of normality you can forgot starting WW3

So you live underground on canned food, re-cycled water. No entertainment, no future, no natural light ..... a few hundred people maximum

Oh what a lovely life

No one wants to live likle this ............. and so there will be no WW3

Just re-read that page and look back at the small kiloton weapons of WW2 and compare them to the MT ICBM's of the modern day

If a sub decides to launch ICBM's on a country then its game over for the whole world. You cannot live in anti-nuclear winter suits .......... what a STUPID thing to say

They are designed to totally destroy and hamper all efforts to re-build due to the high radioactivity which you cannot just wash away, it lasts and lasts and lasts

Grow up and understand modern ICBM technology

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Before someone even tries to deny current ICBM strength

Lets just look at Trident shall we. In use by the US and UK

Each missile carry's 7 X 300 kt nukes

PER MISSILE

The Hiroshima bomb was 15 kt

These are 7 X 300

Just TRY and imagine what would happen if 7 of these bastards were dotted around a major city

Now launch 12 Tridents at a country ..........

Dont talk nonsence about ICBM's not having the destructive power of a volcano, were talking a whoile different ball game here

Try a little research on modern ICBM's before posting rubbish about these these things getting launched. Look out your window at home and THINK about the impact these things have, who would think

yeh lets launch a few ........ they are only small and people will survive

No they wont, millions of people would get vapourised in seconds

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Do people actually realise that even after russia and the usa would unload at each other then WW3 would still go on? yes the countries would both be glassed (and russia being more survivable) but the countless navies and troops abroad would be fighting unrestricted warfare.

i wonder who actually has the old russian nuclear torpedo`s to use in such a case?

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
Do people actually realise that even after russia and the usa would unload at each other then WW3 would still go on? yes the countries would both be glassed (and russia being more survivable) but the countless navies and troops abroad would be fighting unrestricted warfare.

did you read any of the nyquist link at the top of the page. I read where a russian defector has stated his country's intention of a first strike in the future........it's only a matter of time!

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 09:35 AM
link   
It dosen't really matter if there is a nuclear war because we would all be dead. most likly not many people in either country would survive and if you did would you want to.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 09:36 AM
link   
yes i did read it - its also anti communist rubbish ; as i can counter point all of it if i had the time or inclination.

wheres the `usa war preparation` in the same `OMG were gonna die` tone of the rest of that page? where is any clinical evidence?

im more worried about the worlds only bioweapon superpower hiting us than being nuked.

oh yeah , thats right , where is the mention of ebola-pox in that article ; or weaponised anthrax.

[edit on 21/3/06 by Harlequin]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join