It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Six Legged Lamb Born in Belgium

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Associated Free Press

Leggy lamb : Belgian grower Maurice Peeters holds a six-leg lamb a day after its birth. The lamb cannot walk and has to be specially fed. A veterinary surgeon who examined it was reported as saying he would consider amputating the two superfluous legs if it managed to survive beyond a week. (AFP/BELGA/Yorick Jansens)

Ey, WHAT?

Well, that Lamb looks Creepy if you ask me...

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 06:00 AM
link   
depleted uranium spicy lamb chops, you gotta love 'em, especially with that special mutagen (TM) McDonalds sauce.

Sponsored by M-M-M-Monsanto and US army....

....you know you want it....

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I saw it on the news yesterday (I'm Belgian)

They said the Vet would try to amputate the extra legs, and they hope that it can live a normal life then. Pretty wierd tho... makes you wonder what caused this deformation.

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I have been told by friends from Belgium that in some parts in the center of the country Cancer has increased among the population... Since Chernobyl...

I have not been able to confirm this information and assume it is just another hypothesis.

What is really true is that I do not think it is something common. What do you think is needed for such a birth to take place?

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I have been able to find some strange similar births, for instance in 1981 a two headed lamb:

Source: VIVETSL

Seems to happen everywhere, take a look to the pictures of the following page:
AXXON

Of course, I still wonder why?

[edit on 20-3-2006 by Ptolomeo]

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 12:29 PM
link   

MMMM, six legged gyros, mmmmmm

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 12:36 PM
link   
This might sound a bit harsh, but if this happened regularly, would it not be beneficial to the human race?

What i am trying to say is, it is more meat for the same price so to speak.
I know this sounds terrible, but thinking logically, it might make sense.

This of course would fine so long as it is birth defect, and not caused by any chemical indigestion etc.

Why amputate both its legs? It would be in the meat market before long anyways.

Sorry if this has come across as a sick post, but i have tried to be tactful (i think)

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Pretty wierd, but it seems more and more common.

If you are interested and have Animal Planet they will have a show on about animal oddities on April 2 around 12 PM not sure what time zone.

www.greenapple.com...
This website has some pretty good pics too...

www.smithappens.com...
And some more pics...

Another website said that some people breed animals deformed.
www.turtlesale.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Could this type of deformity not help end starvation in third World countries?

GM foods are one thing, but natural birth defects are another. If this could be harnessed in some way, then it might go a long way to helping the above mentioned problems.

I know this is a sensitive topic, and i know this might go against the grain of vegetarians etc, but i am trying to think positive about this .

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bikereddie
This might sound a bit harsh, but if this happened regularly, would it not be beneficial to the human race?

Six gigot for the price of four? Sounds good to me!

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I have seen all of these type things before...

Two-headed cows, lambs, birds, and even a two-headed snake. One lamb was like two bodies all together, so it was like a lamb with 8 legs and then another head coming out of it's back.

My great uncle had a museum and the animal oddities he had were simply amazing. Anyway, these are not new things. they just tend to get bigger press now.

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bikereddie
Could this type of deformity not help end starvation in third World countries?

Animals with these deformities don't usually survive, they don't make effecient livestock, so to speak. Also, you'd have to feed the creature extra food to get it to make those legs meaty to eat too. It might be more efficient in theory to have one animal grow six legs than two grow eight, but I think that the big problem is that these mutants just don't surive in high enough percentages to make them worthwhile as livestock.

Now we just need to grow mutant pitas for our mutant lambs!

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Animals with these deformities don't usually survive, they don't make effecient livestock, so to speak.

Right. Possibly one ot two cases in the world...maybe. For the most part they only live a few months.

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 01:51 PM
link   
That's a pretty freaky looking lamb.

Is it just me, or does it lok like it's sticking it's tongue out in defiance, like almost as if it's saying "What, so I got 6 legs, you gonna do something about it punk?".

It's pretty interesting, these natural anomolies(SP?).

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Imagine if this Six-Leg-Lamb would Walk without any problems, like a Spider for example? I mean, that would be even MORE Creepy!

top topics

join