It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(MUOC) The Beast Within.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 05:14 AM
link   
The Beast Within.

No light, no sound, just the sense of being not alone. I must keep moving, the prime directive drives me forever forward into the teeth of the approaching storm. Before me stands a beast.

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward.
Whoever cannot take care of themself without that law is both.
For a wounded man shall say to his assailant,
'If I live, I will kill you. If I die, You are forgiven.'
Such is the rule of honour.

These words resonated inside my head as the beast approached. It's eyes blazed with a savage malevolence, the putrid stench of rotting flesh wafted from its gangrenous jaws, poisoned ichor dripped from slavering fangs. Eighteen of the beasts minions cavorted eagerly about its hideous frame,six to the left,six to the right and six in front.

A low humming, deeper than Poe's plutonian night, pulsed, then flowed through the air. My body shudders in anticipation, i know that the assault is imminent, muscles tensed. The beast lifts its enormous head and scowls, the humming sound intensifies, the pitch soaring.

A blazing light murders the shadows of the past, a wall of sonic fury explodes forth, my body moves, unbidden. Into the frenetic maelstrom i am thrown, against the body of the beast i am thrust. His surprise at my attack lends me heart and he falls beneath a barrage of blows. His minions, mesmerised by the light, fail to hear their masters screams.

The pit has a life of its own now, the souls of vanquished youth rise again, into the light. Omerta, we scream as one, fists pumping, fingers spread, heads pounding in frenetic assent. And so Lamb of God begin their show.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I loved the lyrics you posted on this story Mojo, those were awesome.

It was also a good story, though I have no doubt i'd have been dialing 911 if I was facing a beast with 18 minions.

Good luck in the competition my friend, i have no doubt you will do well.

Wupy

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Hey mr wupy thanks for the kind words, not sure if i have any talent for writing but it was fun having a go. The mosh pit is a beast and usually more than 18 minions but also fun.lol.

Cheers M4S

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by mojo4sale
...not sure if i have any talent for writing

I see talent in this story...and your vocabulary is impressive. I'm hoping to see more of your work.
I especially liked the 'poison ichor'.

new topics

top topics

join