It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

duplication

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I had a disscussion in another forum about teleportation and I think that it is more likely that in the future objects could be moved around the globe by some sort of machine that could duplicate them at another point on the planet rather than teleporting them. Then I got to thinking about what would happen if a person were somehow duplicated and what the outcome would be.I could think of three possible outcomes.
You could get a complete duplicate with the same thoughts and personality as the original which would proove that who we are is just down to the compositions of our brains and the chemical reactions within them , or there would be an empty shell with no soul or possibly you would have a newly created vessle that a new soul could use to become a whole new person.
If it were possible then it could answer a whole lot of questions , but i doubt if anyone would try it as it would be seen as unethical ,along the lines of cloning.

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 08:40 PM
link   
This is an interesting thought... I wonder what others would have to say on this.

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 03:14 AM
link   
I like to think that If a duplicate were made of me that my mind couldn't be duplicated .I like to think that my soul is mine and mine alone and that there can only be one version of it . what does anyone else think?

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Would a duplicate of you be you though? I wonder how many generations could be made until it started to degredate....

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I think that a duplicate of me if my mind were copied along with my body would start off as me but then we would become different people as we both lived through different life experiences.
I wonder , if I came across a duplicate of myself if we would get along or if we would just end up getting on each others nerves.

new topics

top topics

join