It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the US needs to go into Iran NOW with all guns blazing

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by AceWombat04
The argument being made:
"We" need resources and stability, the guarantor of which is "our" global preeminence militarily. Thus "we" must defeat "them," so that "they" cannot erode that preeminence. For that reason, among others, it is necessary for "us" to exert the full power of all the capabilities at "our" disposal to achieve "their" defeat or sufficient degradation. "We" have a greater right to the stability and survival this will provide "us" with than "they" do, and "we" will make better use of it than "them." In essence, the value of "our" lives is greater than that of "their" own. Survival of the fittest must rule the day, because that is the way of animal instinct, which is all we are governed by when it comes right down to it (for those who say that last bit isn’t part of your argument, I say this: if it isn’t, then you must believe we are governed by more than pure instinct alone, and accordingly, you should believe that we are capable of formulating solutions other than those available to animals i.e. isolate versus raid; flight versus fight; vanquished versus victor.)

My argument:
The above logic flows easily and makes perfect sense if you see the world in terms of "us" and "them." If you simply see it as "us," however, it becomes a bit more complicated, ethically...

You have voted AceWombat04 for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

You get my WATS for this post. In my eyes you've pointed out a consistant issue in these days of forced globalisation. This uneducated nationalism will be the undoing of us all...

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 09:20 AM
link   
He would get one from me if I had one left...

I dont even agree with the guy, but that was one of the most concise, well-thought-out, well-worded, well-backed statements I will read on ATS this week.

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join