It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Afghan Law: Reject Islam, You Die

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Nygdan, first that Biblical section is better translated as "place of power" rather than "exceedingly high mountain", so it's once again empty proof of Biblical errors, more shoddy scholarship of which I'm getting tired of (no don't worry- you aren't shoddy, but whoever came up with that one is, as are the doofus theologians who think that a dream of Daniel of a tree falling "at the ends of the Earth" is literal physics). Second, I grow tired of hearing about how peaceful Islam is. At 9/11, I was having a debate with a rabbi, then we tuned on to TV and saw Bush claiming "Islam is a peaceful religion". The rabbi said to me "America has lost the war". I agree. I'm not Jewish but those words touched me as quite wise. Let's call a spade a spade, I see no peace in Islamic theology, and that worries me since 1 billion people follow a pirate's words as literal truth. It truly does. I myself can tolerate persecution and so forth but I cannot tolerate untruth, I cannot accept that a book preaching the rape,slaughter, and pillage of my countrymen to be anything but garbage. That being said, I also am against xenophobia and think we should work to reform Islam so it conflicts less with neighboring creeds. That's all.

One more thing- nobody here is forcing their religion upon anybody. I truly wish others would join the cause of Chistianity but it's still your choice (indeed how can you make someone believe something? You can't. Baptisms and Eucharists are empty things if interpreted from a NT perspective. Baptism is symbolic as we argued in another thread, not magic). I however grow tired of the intolerance and attempts of Islam to force their creed on others. In university recently, the Muslim association tried to push a prayer room on the student public space, everybody was so mad at this that the former union was defeated in the recent election. Imagine if I went to the ATS office requiring a prayer room in front of everybody's office (and while I already had *2* in the same building!!!!). You would be mad. Just one example of Islamic ethics.

[edit on 3-4-2006 by Nakash]

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nakash
Nygdan, first that Biblical section is better translated as "place of power"

Regardless, it is physically immpossible to be anywhere and see everything on the earth. Its just as unnatural as the sun setting in a lake. Or the sun stopping in its route one day.

I cannot accept that a book preaching the rape,slaughter, and pillage of my countrymen to be anything but garbage

The koran does not state this.

so it conflicts less with neighboring creeds.

Again, Islam works so well with other religions, that it doesn't just abutt them as a neighbhor, its able to accept them living within islam's borders,unlike christianity for the vast majority of its history. Islam didn't wipe out every religion it came across and force its members to convert; that was what christianity did.

Just one example of Islamic ethics.

A couple of students at a university are an example of islamic ethics??? No christians supported the measure also, because it sounds like the ones on the board did. So is that an example of christian ethics?

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Nygdan, I told you that "place of power" not "highest mountain" is the proper Greek, that could mean anything you want. There is no misinterpretation though on the Qu'ran saying a lake is the haven for the sun on a daily basis, and that Alexander the great saw it go down in the mud lake. It's crystal clear. Usually you encounter passages within the Bible which have dual reference or poor formal equivalency (ie: Isaiah has a famous one which the inquisition took literaly, there's that one you just quoted, and my fave- one in Daniel in which a dream is taken as textbook physics by skeptics).

<< 5  6  7   >>

join