It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Board problem with times???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   
For the past few days I have noticed that ATS posting times and my system times appear to be 1 hour different then they should be. Note the screen shot I just took. As you can see my system says it is just after 2:25 yet current posting times are indicate others are posting at 3 PM
Anyone know why.

(Edit to delete screen shot SO explains below it was do to DOS attack

Now that I have posted as you can see my post time is 3:50 yet my system clock reads 2:50. see what I mean that is one hour ahead of me. Am I a time traveler

I have my time zone set right I set and reset it several times to CST yet tims for ATS indicate EST. Is this a board problem??

[edit on 3/19/2006 by shots]

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I haven't noticed it but I will see as soon as this has posted. It has seemed to me in the past that the time is usually off by a few minutes.

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I have a one hour and two minute time difference.

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Wow! that last post was off by several hours. I reset my time zone so we'll see. The minutes are off by a couple.

Edit:

Now, I'm off by an hour and a couple of minutes.

[edit on 2006/3/19 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
I haven't noticed it but I will see as soon as this has posted. It has seemed to me in the past that the time is usually off by a few minutes.

Here your post time reads 3:53 Grady according to my system but knowing where you are I know it reads other then mine.

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Mine's reading an hour fast. It's 1355 here and it reads 1455.

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Mine's reading an hour fast. It's 1355 here and it reads 1455.

So we are the first time travelers in the universe

Must be system glitch. I can understand the few minutes but an hour :shk:

SO, Chop Chop get ta work (Just kidding)

[edit on 3/19/2006 by shots]

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Same thing here!!! I've used the suggestion button earlier this week, but no reply.

My quick fix for that was to go to settings, then edit profile, and change my time zone to compensate. Mine should be GMT-6:00 hrs. Central Time, I now have to use GMT -7:00 hrs. Mountain Time.....

As for me, I'm still waiting for a reply, or a fix for the problem..................

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 05:10 PM
link   
One hour and two minutes. I´ve known this for days and I reported it too. It has been fixed now, I can see.

Actually this was the reason why I made this post the other day...

edit: correction. it has not been fixed yet anyway... must be something wrong with my eyes

[edit on 2006/3/19 by Hellmutt]

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 05:57 PM
link   
It's been an issue since our server needed rebooting after last weekend's DDoS attack.

I've been waiting for a slow time to reset the time and let the posts normalize, but right now I've had far too much of this:

to be much good.

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 08:34 PM
link   
McEwans? Ohh, Heavy stuff. Lived round the corner from the brewery for awhile.

Heavy heavy stuff. Your head won't thank you!.

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 09:04 AM
link   
would it explain this post here -

www.abovetopsecret.com... which was 'apparantly' created on 17-3-2006, edited on 16-3-2006 and then edited again on 3-18-2006?

if so, then does anybody know how come i remember this very same thread from several weeks ago, (i.e. it was not started a few days ago on the 17th)?

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by justyc
.....was 'apparantly' created on 17-3-2006, edited on 16-3-2006 and then edited again on 3-18-2006?

....... how come i remember this very same thread from several weeks ago, (i.e. it was not started a few days ago on the 17th)?

Possible Solutions:

1. - Time Warp

2. - Experiencing Time loss phenomenon

3. - You have entered into a new dimension. Welcome to the Twilight Zone!!!

4. - Aliens don't have the same concept of time as we do.

5. - You might just be mistaken about the thread, and/or the time that you saw it first appear.

Remember the matrix has you now......

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 07:40 AM
link   

which was 'apparantly' created on 17-3-2006, edited on 16-3-2006 and then edited again on 3-18-2006?

The "edited on" time stamp in posts are made from the timezone which is set in the editor´s profile, I believe. The "created on" uses the timezone set in your (or the reader´s) profile. The "created on" will show different values for people in different timezones. Note that the "3-18-2006 edit" was made by Springer and not the original poster.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 07:51 AM
link   
My date/time has never been right on this board ever!

I have reset my timezone to GMT a zillion times...

Q

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 08:41 AM
link   
in some countries the clocks went forward an hour. such as mine... england. i do know that in america they don't bother with the clocks going forward/backward. maybe that's it?

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 09:33 AM
link   
while the (gmt+) time settings may explain the 17th/16th date difference, and us time formatting would explain springers edit, it doesnt explain how come i rememeber the thread being several weeks old. even changing the clocks for summertime doesnt explain that one

must be the matrix then

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 01:42 PM
link   

must be the matrix then

I'm thinking twilight zone...........

At any rate, I notice ATS time is now correct, more or less. No more 1 hour difference for me here.

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Ive been having this problem and I went onto my settings to change my time offset. I live in england (GMT) and in the GMT time shown on the website was 9 hours out yesterday and is 6 hours out today! Im confused!
-George

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by shaunybaby
in some countries the clocks went forward an hour. such as mine... england. i do know that in america they don't bother with the clocks going forward/backward. maybe that's it?

Most of the US does set their clocks ahead, but they just changed at like 2am Sunday morning (I think). There are a few sane states that keep the same time year round though, like Hawaii and Arizona.

top topics

join