It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

shadow person?...ghost?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Been looking at ghost pictures for the past hour (bored) and this one is just plain freaky.

it really does look like the "ghost" is posing next to the girl, and if you look closely, you can even see the hand on her shoulder.

The link to the explanation is:

link

so, what do you think? The face freaks me out.

[edit on 19-3-2006 by geek101]

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 12:45 PM
link   
YIKES. you can see the other hand down by his/her side too. Fiddled around with this photo, and I cant see how it would have been fixed unless it was by a darn good artist. If you mess with the contrast, you can see all the shading in the face. Spooky

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I find it a bit upsetting that they give us these dinky size pics and expect us to pay and become a member to see the full size pictures.
So far there s no indication that this is a true paranormal event.
Why is this girl sitting there for this picture? It does not look like a candid photo and she doesn't look like she is posing for a photograph. To me this stinks of hoax. I will try to replicate this when I have the time.

With a large ful-rez picture it would be easier to say what the "ghost" is. As for it being a shadow person... I have never heard of a description of a shadow person like that. Recently I wrote up a tinWiki article on Shadow people and I have never read an eye witness describing a shadow like the one in this picture.
tinwiki.org...

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Correct. That is not a shadow person. A ghost maybe. Not a shadow person.

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Mrs Dudara

I agree....i thought it was spooky too

Originally posted by Umbrax
Why is this girl sitting there for this picture?

I dont honestly see anything "hoax-like" about her posing as she is....in fact, whenever i am forced to have my photo taken, i try not to look straight at the camera

As for it being a shadow person... I have never heard of a description of a shadow person like that. Recently I wrote up a tinWiki article on Shadow people and I have never read an eye witness describing a shadow like the one in this picture.

actually, that was a mistake on my part....it just doesnt look like a "ghost" though.....angel?....guardian?....i dont know

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by geek101
actually, that was a mistake on my part....it just doesnt look like a "ghost" though.....angel?....guardian?....i dont know

The original source calls it a shadow person. Not your mistake

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 01:21 PM
link   
[quoteThe original source calls it a shadow person. Not your mistake

They did, didnt they...lol....see, it was subliminally entered into my head

So what do you think....and how can you tell if its fake (not knowing anything about photography or digital editing at all.....i am curious)

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by geek101
So what do you think....and how can you tell if its fake (not knowing anything about photography or digital editing at all.....i am curious)

Like I said the image is too small to really pick it apart but I know from my experience in photoshop that this would not be hard to do.

1. Was likely done with a photo. You just cut off someone's head and darken it then paste it onto the "curtains" with less than 40% opacity. If the person was experienced they could of drawn the face freehand also.

2. Can easily be done with the burn tool.

3. Would be done in the same way 1 was done but the opacity is a bit higher.

Another thing is that if it were a person standing next to her the head is totally in the wrong spot. It should be much higher. A man standing next to a sitting person will have he head come up to around his chest. Not his chin.

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 09:14 AM
link   
It could also be a Photoshop special. It could easily be done with that program or when the photo was developed, they could have super imposed the man in there. I've done stuff like this years ago when I was in Art School.

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 09:20 AM
link   
yeah,you know i have to say, that even before Umbrax posted his response, i was wondering about the height of the "ghost" myself.

I am just amazed i suppose that people would and could, do these things and then bother to pass them off as real.

I dont want to get too cynical because i DO believe some weird photos out there ARE real. But dammit, without my trusty ATS peeps, its really hard figuring out which ones

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Is it just me, or is the nose on that face slightly odd?

Based on the dfinition of Shadow People in that link, I would say that, if not a hoax, that is a ghost.

On a related note, my sister claims to have seen a tall silhouete in our house. Could this be a Shadow Person?

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Shadow Person

From what I've read in different places shadow people of normally solid black and are blacker than the darkness in a room. Usually seen out of the corner of your vision...they move fast. I'm still not convinced about them because I have seen black shapes moving out of the corners of my eyes, but it's ususally when I am sleep deprived and my eyes are tired or an eyelash sticks together or something.

[edit on 20-3-2006 by librasleep]

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Excellent pic there buddy...As an amature GhostHunter myself i'd say that is a good pic...Keep up the good work...I would also say that it's not exactly a 'ghost' but rather a 'manifestation' of a ghost(when a ghost begins to make an appearence)..Great Pic

GhostHunter

join