It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have Mars Rovers Travelled to the

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Have Mars Rovers Travelled to the "Glass Tubes"?

Spirit and Opportunity have far superceeded their expected life spans... almost 800 mars days vs. 90 expected days, so I imagine they had the chance to do a good amount of travelling.

Does anyone know if they were able (or if NASA even wanted them) to travel to some of the more interesting or controversial sites such as the "Face", D&M Pyramid, the "trees" or those strange glass-like "tubes" that seem to be popping up all over?

I know they may be a long distance away and the Rovers travel slowly, but if I were NASA, I would have made a beeline towards any one of those sites, if the terrain allowed.

Sorry for the incompleteness of my Subject Title. Can't seem to change it.

[edit on 19-3-2006 by jupiter869]

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 10:37 AM
link   
No, they are hundreds if not thousands of miles away from the areas you describe.

p.s. there are no glass tubes. do a little reasearch and you will see that they are nothing more than natural sand and rock formations.

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 12:00 PM
link   
~~

you have the Google Maps site to check out where the rovers are on the planet

don't know if this will work->
www.google.com...

(nope the long. & lat. #s & link address did not work fo a hyper-link)

just type in "NASA rovers" in the [search box], at top of the page showing the Mars Map...

--> I dont see that they are at any ' interesting' locations, popular to the imaginative communities of people

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Despite the rovers having great success and longevity on Mars they still have only covered about 8 miles over 2 years. We have just scratched the surface.

Manned flight is the only effective way to explore Mars and must be the ultimate goal for exploration of the Red Planet

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan
No, they are hundreds if not thousands of miles away from the areas you describe.

p.s. there are no glass tubes. do a little reasearch and you will see that they are nothing more than natural sand and rock formations.

Quite right, I shouldnt have said glass tubes. More like glasslike appearing. Thanks for all your helpful insight!!

And what interesting formations they would be to see!!!!

[edit on 19-3-2006 by jupiter869]

new topics

top topics

join