It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Augmented

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Why is no one looking closely at those who aren't Disabled. In our intire world, we have small-medium-large, Tall-Grande-Venti, Begginer-amature-professional. But in our Psychological world, we only have, Disabled-abled. Where is the pro abled? Where is the enabled? Where's the 150%? The Augmented. No I'm not reffering to the Star Trek species. I thought of this before I knew about it, and found it by searching for recognition, and I found nothing. The only people I can think of that are Augmented are Genius' and on occasion when you say someone's a 'natural'. What about everything else? ADD < Average < ERA (Enlightened Responsibility Augment) Dyslexic < Normal < Photographic Memory/Speed Read/ Someone I know that can write in Mirror as fast as she can normal. (Maybe enlightened to the possibilities of writing styles)

Disabled recieve Medication to treat their disfunction. Buy more, save more, buy less save less. What you take away, you must make up for. But if augments are possible, why stop there. Why not a medication that amplifies augmentations. What if a person smoked cannibis and became augmented in responsibility. And was able to do great things through dedication. Wouldn't it be his responsibility, if this person truely was augmented and not just looking for a perscription. (Requiring Reccomendation's)

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 02:28 AM
link   
We have a third tier in everyday life.

Your Eienstiens, your Hawkings, your Bonds, your Armstrongs, et al. they are clearly beyond "abled" in thier fields of endeavor.

Many of the medications given to "disabled" simply are there to make up for a chemical imbalance in the brain etc. Im not sure say adding tons more seritonin would make you "better" etc.

*Puts on Moderator Cloak*
Please do not turn this into a canabis is good thread as it will be closed PDQ mmmmmmmmmkay?

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Okay, to the cannibis, I was just trying to make a point. I'll try again.

Lets say you came out with a product that is shuned. For exampe a nicotene product. Cigarettes give cancer, heart deseise, ect. so they're bad. So you put a bunch of nitocene into an inhalent. Like for Asthma. You inhale it and it gives you twice the dose of a cigarette. And less harmful for you. lets say by 60%. Not only would there be mass pandimonium to buy this product, the pandimonium would be caused because it's generally a good thing. (Not the best Idea I had.... The best one is just too good. Beside, Inhalents would be expensive, and probably wouldn't take off in the comercial industry correctly. Not attractive.... Geek.)

new topics

join