It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fact is, Jesus is the prophesied Messiah

page: 21
<< 18  19  20   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 07:56 AM
link   
And Jesus prophecized that you are all Christ-like and more! Therefore you are all the messiah. Stop waiting around and get moving!

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover

...if you attempt to understand them as set carved in stone fact, you run the risk of becoming inflexible and doctrinare.

The truth is inflexible.

......................always learning but never coming to the knowledge of the truth.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I rest my case.

With such an attitude... it will ALWAYS be that everyone who disagrees with you is wrong and that you are the only one who is right.

No point in furthering this discussion.

As soon as you assume to know you rule out any possiblity of learning.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 10:13 AM
link   

I rest my case.

With such an attitude... it will ALWAYS be that everyone who disagrees with you is wrong and that you are the only one who is right.

No point in furthering this discussion.

As soon as you assume to know you rule out any possiblity of learning.

There is a difference between knowing and assuming to know. There is a difference between truth and a lie.

You just haven't reached that level of learning. When and if you find the truth, you will find that it is inflexible to the lie. May your search continue until you find the truth.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Don't even assume to know what I have learned or not... that is the height of arrogance and illustrates your own ignorance all too clearly.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 10:54 AM
link   

their chief god or ALILAH was the moon god Sin.

This from the Master of making stuff up & then calling it "Fact"! Got any harder proof than just your word Cheif? A Link perhaps?

Sun Matrix - Why do you even bother? I already told you that you have lost all credibility on this Site!

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Don't even assume to know what I have learned or not... that is the height of arrogance and illustrates your own ignorance all too clearly.

Is that what you think or is that what you know?

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seraphim_Serpente

their chief god or ALILAH was the moon god Sin.

This from the Master of making stuff up & then calling it "Fact"! Got any harder proof than just your word Cheif? A Link perhaps?

Sun Matrix - Why do you even bother? I already told you that you have lost all credibility on this Site!

Still weak personal attacks I see.

Try doing a search with Allah, moon god, Sin alilah, etc etc.

you should find be able to dig up some facts.

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sun Matrix
Still looking for help I see. WEAK..............

Help with what, exactly? Calling someone "weak" is very childish. So now I'm "weak" and you're the "strong" one? What did the Bible have to say about this scenario? Ah yes, if I recall correctly:

In his arrogance the wicked man hunts down the weak, who are caught in the schemes he devises. (Psalm 10:2)

Yeah right dispel ignorance.

DJ Messiah that was a nice job of explaining Allah. You did leave a few things out however.

Allah comes from the word Al-ilah which mean the god or the diety.

"Ilah" does mean "god," but AL-Lah (The God) did not derive from it. In an analogy to the English language's versions, it's like you're stating the word for "God" came from the word "god." Both English words have their orgin in the German word "Gott," meaning that the word "God" did not form from "god," but rather the two words were both created from the same word: "Gott." In the same way, "AL-Ilah" (The god) and "AL-Lah" (The "God") have both come from Semetic orgins. Since Arabic is Semetic in orgin, it shares many similair words with other Semetic languages such as Hebrew and Aramaic. All of these languages have similar words for "God." The words "AL-Lah" and "I-lah" come from the Hebrew words "EL-Loh" (The God).

When you use the term "ilah", it is equivalent to writting the word "god" with a lowercase in English. In Arabic, when you're refering to "AL-Lah," it's equivalent to using the upper case word "God." This is because with the presence of the letter "i" infront of the word "lah," it becomes equivalent to a lowercase "god" in English. The Quran has verses using both "ilah" and "AL-Lah" in verse:

Surrah 47:19 Know, therefore, that there is no god but Allah, and ask forgiveness for thy fault, and for the men and women who believe: for Allah knows how ye move about and how ye dwell in your homes.

FaiAAlam annahu la ilaha illa Allahu waistaghfir lithanbika walilmumineena waalmuminati waAllahu yaAAlamu mutaqallabakum wamathwakum

The God of the Christian and Jew claims to hate the shedding of innocent blood. Can this be the same god that sends a suicide bomber to kill innocent people?

I find it truly incredible that you have not yet answered my question. You have been resorting to posting your opinions as fact on here, disparaging another faith, and harassing members, while never once showing any respect towards the ones who conversed with you with an opposing view to your reply. Until you learn respect and appologize to everyone here who you have called names and harassed, I will avoid making any further postings to your self proclaimed "facts."

[edit on 10-10-2006 by DJMessiah]

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sun Matrix
The God of the Christian and Jew claims to hate the shedding of innocent blood. Can this be the same god that sends a suicide bomber to kill innocent people?

It's entirely mans Interpretation of the Quran which leads to suicide bombing. For a stsrt, the passages which are used as "proof" that Islam is violent are generally taken out of context from things that I've seen. They basically seem to be the same sort of thing as in the bible, particularly the old testament, where there is violence as well. And except for Richard Dawkins, who uses that as a reason we should get rid of Christianity and Judaism?

also the violence ideas that may be in the Quran may have been put there hundreds of years after Muhammeds death, so thats another problem with that argument.

"Surely they that believe, and those of Jewry, and the Christians, and those Sabeaans, whoso believes in God and the Last Day, and works righteousness--their wage waits them with their Lord, and no fear shall be on them, neither shall they sorrow." Quran 5:69

If you can see anyway this passage justifies the killing of Jews or Christians by Muslims, I'd like to hear it.

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by apex
[also the violence ideas that may be in the Quran may have been put there hundreds of years after Muhammeds death, so thats another problem with that argument.

Perhaps you should study the life of Muhammed.

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 11:05 PM
link   

It's entirely mans Interpretation of the Quran which leads to suicide bombing. For a stsrt, the passages which are used as "proof" that Islam is violent are generally taken out of context from things that I've seen. They basically seem to be the same sort of thing as in the bible, particularly the old testament, where there is violence as well. And except for Richard Dawkins, who uses that as a reason we should get rid of Christianity and Judaism?

Don't talk to me, talk to those with bombs.

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 11:08 PM
link   

"Surely they that believe, and those of Jewry, and the Christians, and those Sabeaans, whoso believes in God and the Last Day, and works righteousness--their wage waits them with their Lord, and no fear shall be on them, neither shall they sorrow." Quran 5:69

If you can see anyway this passage justifies the killing of Jews or Christians by Muslims, I'd like to hear it.

Perhaps you shouldn't cherry pick verses.

I see no way that verse tells me the time in Florida or makes a ham on rye sandwich.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20   >>

join