It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Open Your EYES People Please!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
Annie, what parts of Isaiah and Jeremiah do you content contradict John 8:31-47?

I didn't claim contradiction between the old prophets and St. John's gospel. There are no contradictions in the bible, so far as I have found.

What I said was 'God chose Israel, not the Jews.'

Isaiah 49, Jeremiah 33--esp. verse 14. Just to name a few.

In John, Jesus is speaking to the Pharisees--not Israel. He is speaking to the Jews. But he came 'for the lost sheep of Israel.'

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by WiseSheep
Foolish of them because of the fact that all the pieces to the puzzle weren't lined up at that point in history.

They don't line up except on an individual basis. Revelation is a personal experience--what John came to understand is far different than some sort of geopolitical religious showdown.

Now that Israel is a Luciferic run operation and the whole world is at her feet, we're right on target. All they are waiting to fabricate now is an excuse (WWIII?) to introduce their coming 'messiah' to make the world a happy peaceful place.

Sheer nonsense. Religious propaganda.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Double Post. Deleted.

[edit on 21-3-2006 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by shihulud
Is this a problem?

Not a problem so much as a curiosity -- why don't you want this better life you speak of? (oh, and don't listen to those folk who come to your door with Watchtower booklets for you
)

Dont worry about the 'fruitbat witnesses' no one believes that nonsense. And as you say 'a curiosity' I'm curious as to why in this day and age people still insist on gods and whatever, seems bizarre to me but interesting.

Originally posted by shihulud
Where does this duality come into anything? Another christian invention because jesus never did what he said he would.

Interesting theory, but no. More Old Testament prophesies, some of which were fulfilled in the OT in two different ways, others that applied partially to one individual (mostly David) but completely to Christ.

And since when was Jesus proclaimed King of Israel?
As soon as the Jewish leadership brought Christ before Pilate saying He declared Himself the King of the Jews. This is also why he got that thorny crown you've probably seen depicted, and where Pilate had "The King Of The Jews" put up on His cross.

Most importantly, if He is the Jewish messiah and part of the Triune God, then, ipso facto, He would be their King, as they worship God as their lord over everything.

Thing is though the jews didnt recognise jesus as the messiah so wouldn't be their king. Also have you never thought that the authors of the NT might have embellished their story to incorporate a prophecy fulfilled or the chance that jesus fulfilled some prophecies because he knew of them?
Things aren't cut and dried

G

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Today's jews don't. Who do you think the people in Israel were back 2000 years ago that followed Jesus before Paul and Peter brought the Gospel to the Gentiles? How could Christianity have been permitted to exist in Rome if the Romans didn't see it as another sect of Judaism? (At the time, new religions were outlawed in the Roman Empire, though they allowed the already established religions in the territories they conquered.)

At the time, the Jews were split, some believed Christ was the messiah, while others, primarily the leadership and scholars who loved their power more than their God (Pharisees, though it's important to note many Pharisees did believe in Christ, including the one who buried Him). Sadly, over time (and I'm not sure how this happened; haven't researched it yet) the Jews did something close to what Scientology has done.

Talking with a very devout Orthodox Jewish friend, I asked him how he would know the messiah had come. He told me that non-leaders, rabbis and scholars were discouraged from reading the books of the prophets until they knew how to interpret them. His response to me? He would know. He just would.

So why wouldn't today's Jews believe in Christ? Some do, but they're taught, as the Pharisees taught in Christ's day, that their leadership would tell them if the Christ had come or was here. It's not a pay to access deeper faith like scientology, but it does appear to limit personal knowledge seeking of God, instead placing your faith in individuals, not God and His prophets.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 08:36 PM
link   
At the time the jews were looking for a messiah, they found many and believed in many why would jesus be any different to some jews? Also wasn't jesus followers made up of undesirable types supposedly.
As for christianity in Rome, weren't the christian persecuted and fed to lions and stuff. Doesn't look very permissable to me.

Not convincing!

P.S still waiting on the evidence of when john was written JJ
G

[edit on 21-3-2006 by shihulud]

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 10:28 AM
link   

....leadership and scholars who loved their power more than their God.

That pretty much nails the whole point I was attempting to make. He who controls your money, controls you.
Follow every nation's monetary system to the very top and guess who's there. The very same thing, only 2000 years later.

No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money. --Mathew 6:24

Ya think he might have been speaking to Rothschilds?

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
Sheer nonsense. Religious propaganda.

Oh really? Well if Harry Truman was still kickin' maybe we could ask him who paid him 2mil to make a simple speech after Israels fabrication. Also if alive, he'd be old enough to tell you who the bribes take their orders from (without fear of having anything to lose), and it isn't a "reptile" either.

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Also if alive, he'd be old enough to tell you who the bribes take their orders from (without fear of having anything to lose), and it isn't a "reptile" either.

A 'reptile?' What are you talking about?

Israel has nothing to do with politics. That's the propaganda.

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Alot of anti-semitism being spouted. The jews behave as they do becasue of the way they have been treated for the past 2000 years. Brutality breeds brutality.

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 03:11 PM
link   

A 'reptile?' What are you talking about?

They take their orders from lucifer not some reptilian/alien as the disinfo seeders are working doubletime to spread.

Israel has nothing to do with politics. That's the propaganda.

The 'hand' that holds the strings attached to them both is what connects them. It appears that the same hold(money) is on these religious figures too. There are very few people pure enough not to change over money.

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 09:34 PM
link   

They take their orders from lucifer not some reptilian/alien as the disinfo seeders are working doubletime to spread.

The lure of materialism archetypically presents itself in a basic reptilian form to the human mind--I don't think it is so much disinfo-spreading as it is just plain not knowing.

It appears that the same hold(money) is on these religious figures too. There are very few people pure enough not to change over money.

Indeed.

There are 2 Israels. The world's Israel (which you are seeing) and God's Israel (which you are not recognizing).

There are even fewer souls pure enough for such a concept...

BUT, it is in the bible. Check it out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join