It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cat gives birth to Mouse...A COUSE??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Really wierd if true, but I think the little critter was adopted by the mother cat, I just don't see the resemblence that is claimed....

Go here to check out the video on this.......www.cbs4.com

Any thoughts/comments on this?

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 02:57 AM
link   
What the heck??? Now that is just...bizzare. If that is true, I wouldn't be suprized to see a dog give birth to a cat!

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Looks like the head of a mouse and the body of a mouse to me...

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 03:29 AM
link   
A couse?? why didn't they call it a mout?

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by AgentSmith
Looks like the head of a mouse and the body of a mouse to me...

*agreed*

OMG look!> It's a DOUS! *chases dog mouse!* LOL...

It's probably a mouse. there is no way on earth, that, that cat could have given birth to a mouse. Let alone the logical theory couldnt make sense. We're talking itsi bitsy here...

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 03:38 AM
link   
It's a meeeouse..LOL

I saw part of this on a news show a couple of days ago, but missed most of the report. Thanks for posting it.

I don't really see the catlike body as they are claiming..
Maybe an adopted Gerbil..?

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Unless its a result of genetic experimentation..........oh but that never happens!

Kind Regards
Merger

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 03:47 AM
link   
i have an idea maybe somehow after the cat ate the mouse it past through the cat faster than usuall and still came out of the cat in one piece.

[edit on 19-3-2006 by worksoftplayhard]

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Funny, the article seems to say this....

Cat Gives Birth To Mouse-Like Kitten?

According to the owner of the cat, the litter included 5 regular kittens, and one that more resembles a mouse.

The owner says the nose, mouth and ears look like that of a mouse, but the rest of the body is that of a cat.

The mother cat doesn't seem to notice or mind. She's nursing and taking care of it, just like the kittens.

My guess is that it's some sort of severe/rare genetic defect that caused this. Sadly, I bet the poor creature won't live too long because of it.

As for the misleading title and everything to this thread, I have to give that a big

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Sorry cmdrkeenkid, I should have completed the title of the story, I have been looking for this article for a couple days now and when I found it I was pretty excited!

Here is some info on why a Cat cannot breed with a different species, I will use a Rabbit in this case.....

It is possible to cross-breed some animals. You can get crossbreeds from wolves and dogs because they are genetically closely related. You can get crossbreeds from horses, donkeys and zebra because all of these are closely related (the offspring are mostly sterile). You can get crossbreeds from pet cats and some species of wildcat because they are closely related. But you can't get crossbreeds from cats and rabbits because they are unrelated and are genetically very different from each other. A cat is a carnivore with its whole body adapted to hunting and meat-eating. A rabbit is a herbivore with its whole body adapted to eating plants. Even if you got a very confused cat to mate with an equally confused bunny, their genes are incompatible so you won't get offspring.

I got this article from here.......messybeast.com...

IMO, I think this applies to any Rodent species too.

(MODs, please edit the title if needed.)

[edit on 19-3-2006 by DustintheWind]

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 09:02 AM
link   
It does not have any characteristics of a cat, how can the owner say that the body is like a cat's body?

Also, they say that they were born 5 cats, but we can only see 4 and the mouse, so maybe the 5th died and the mouse got adopted or was put there on purpose.

J_3

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 03:40 AM
link   
lol.......

lmao

roflmao.....

They can't be serious... That is a mouse......

Lmao.

Wig

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Load of rubbish,

It is a mouse 100%, all they have is a pet mouse that has grown up with the cat, so they are friends. Then the cat had kitttens and they thought I know it looks a similar colour lets say the mouse was born by the cat and have a laugh, little did they realise how stupid people would actually go along with the story and put it on the TV news, rediculous.

I don't think giving stuff like this thread time on ATS helps anyone.

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 02:21 PM
link   
It's not a mouse.
It is obviously a baby and if it was a baby mouse it would be a lot smaller. I'm not saying it's not a rodent, but I wouldn't say it's a mouse, maybe something larger, don't know.

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Dude, it’s just a really cute mouse (or rodent of some kind). The only resemblance is the its coloring kinda matches the coloring of one of the kittens.

Poor little guy did look a bit confused and scared. ‘Course, if I was a mouse and dropped in the middle of a bunch of cats, even kittens; I’d be freaked too.

Notice how the mom cat sorta pounced on the little guy? And then they showed the mom cat without the little guy, twice? Let’s just hope she was hiding him from the press, yeah?

TantricWolf

[edit on 3-18-06 by TantricWolf]

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Another son of a cat.
Notice the markings on the mouse ears...those are cat like...

Meeeeeeeawwwwwww

Just looked again. This is nothing but a little mouse. If its really a cat they should show the whole body...

[edit on 20-3-2006 by dgtempe]

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 02:47 PM
link   
It's a mouse I tell ya. A mouse. Let's say it together..M..O..U..S..E.

It's Tom and Jerry Time!

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Tap tap tap, is this thing on?
I'd like to make an announcement.
I think He is not a mouse, I think he is not a cat.
I think he is a gerbil, and that all I got to say about that.

edit to fix da pic

[edit on 20-3-2006 by spacedoubt]

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 03:15 PM
link   

I might have been wrong. This is a baby field mouse. It was just the size of the other rodent that seemed odd.

top topics

join