It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hellboy Fact Or Fiction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I am sure many of you readers are familliar with movie hellboy. The major topics of this thread are, does hellboy exist, does the BPRD "Bureau for Paranormal Research and Defense " realy exist, and is the government trying to cover it up with a multi-million dollar movie.
I am aware of the comics that existed previously to the movie but I am also aware of the government using such techniques to cloud the truth. some examples of this are, The men in black, and the stargate project.

what are ur oppinions.

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 09:03 PM
link   
No Hellboy doesnt exist. It is a purely fictional fabrication designed to gross large amounts of money through the use of special effects and action sequences. End of story

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 09:18 PM
link   

is the government trying to cover it up with a multi-million dollar movie.

I really love that thinking. Yes Hellboy is very real, so are Stargates, Smurfs, and Pookas.

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 03:08 AM
link   
It is interesting....as many of these MARVEL movies are coming out.... Look at V for Vendetta. It's not a marvel movie, but still.... TO me is clearly symbolizes the New World Order. They also have comics of it too. I haven't seen Hell Boy, is it worth it? Maybe I should rent it....hmmmm....

I believe that the Illuminati is just doing the usual, shoving things into our face and saying, ' WE KNOW THINGS THAT YOU DON'T KNOW AND WE'RE STICKING IT IN YOUR FACE!"..... just my opinion. I could be right, and then I could be wrong.. either way..you never.....know...

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 03:53 AM
link   
just look at the title of the section you found the movie - sci fi, meaning hell boy is sci fi himself, non existant so to speak.

jra

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Smokeing_Gun
does hellboy exist, does the BPRD "Bureau for Paranormal Research and Defense " realy exist, and is the government trying to cover it up with a multi-million dollar movie.

I've never understand this logic. If it wern't for the comics and movie. The concept of "Hellboy" or the "BPRD" would not exsist. To cover up something, it would have had to have exsisted or heavily suspected to have exsisted by a large number of people previous to any creation of comics or movie, to make it worth covering up.

Although I don't get how making a comic or movie of something the Gov't is trying to hide would help cover it up.

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Apparently there are active paranormal research groups being run by the Chinese, Russian and American governments. Apparently the Chinese are ahead of the others in spying techniques using extra-sensory abilites, and that the respective countries groups also attack each other with their paranormal powers in order to neutralise each others spying efforts.

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Implosion

is the government trying to cover it up with a multi-million dollar movie.

I really love that thinking. Yes Hellboy is very real, so are Stargates, Smurfs, and Pookas.

you forgot the snorks, mulder and scully, and the hulk.

um, yeah, doubt that a monkey-like demon with a giant stone hand summoned as a trump card for nazi victory in ww2 is real..

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Well some aspects of Hellboy are true. The Nazi interest in the paranormal for example. I personally wouldnt be shocked if some SS circles tries to someone Demons and such. I doubt they ever got much farther then your average goth kids attempt though.

Its all a part of good fantasy story telling, mix in just a bit of real life to make a much more interesting story.

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I guess it would all be very cool if there was a real Hellboy, but my guesstimate says that its 99.9% chanse that this is not so (:

Anyway its a great movie!! One i own on dvd

I really hope they put the same effort on the sequel, please to god let there be a sequel

top topics

join