It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

parts of midwest will se biggest snow of the year in the spring

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Northeast central ohio will see 8 - 15 inches of snow.
parts of indiana will se over a foot extreme west PA a possible foot.
I will have a big update tonight.
I'm late on my forecast I know, but I had to come to the liabrary to do this, as my comp has been down.

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 09:30 PM
link   
OOOOOO dont forget Missouri please. I would love to know what is going to happen around the K.C. area. They said last night and even this morning that we were going to get rain and it snowed for almost 4 hours this morning. I was so confused. It was 36 degrees out and snowing. Anyway, I would love to know what you think I should expect here.

Thanks Mr. ATS weather guy.

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Self-deleted post due to existing thread on the topic I posted about.

[edit on 3/18/2006 by brEaDITOR]

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 03:50 AM
link   
parts of MO will get hammered. it's raining now, but not to worry it will change to snow. extreme west mo will get hit the worst there. a line of heavy snow will also run through indiana through central ohio where 8+ can be expected from moday night into tuesday night. will post more tomorrow.
oh btw sorry guy it want deleted

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 11:24 PM
link   
We have been place under a winter storm watch in Indianapolis. The forecast for us is up to 6 inches of snow. 2.7 inches of snow would make this the biggest snow since December 8th. It would make this the 2nd biggest snow of the year. This is bad since there are flowers in bloom already in some places and the tulips are popping up. But a bigger problems is that I have seen a few birds nesting already and there are birds in masses back in town. The high temp for tuesday is 31 degrees. The low is forecasted to be 19. The average low is about 36 and the average high in the low to mid 50's. This may create big problems. The worst thing on an individual level is that if you don't have any ice melter for your sidewalks you are likely out of luck as most places have done away with selling this for the season.

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Folks in central ohio take my warning, by tomorrow we will be under a winter storm warning. I'm tracking the storm right now, and unlike your news forecasters are saying, we will see quite a bit of the white stuff same for you in indy. Please folks keep in mind on the weekend the real forecasters have off the real meteorologists, the guys in on the weekend go by what the chief said on friday. I learnt this from an actual chief meteorologist.
Snowfall in ohio here is my map.
as with any forecast any change in the path of the storm could effect snowfall total drastically

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Out here in Casper WY the reports are saying we could have up to 1 foot of snow by tonight, we also have a storm winter watch.

I am supposed to leave early this morning for another job in North Dakota, but I am not going anywhere the way things are going up here.

The weather has been changing in here dramatically, from the 50s, which felt more like we were having temps in the middle 70s, to 15 degrees Farenheit almost in a day.

[edit on 20-3-2006 by Muaddib]

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Well it hasn't been as bad as they said on the weather advisory on the radio, we probably had about 3-4 inches of snow, with still some light snow falling. There is some haze but it doesn't seem as bad as what was announced.

Any reports from our in house weathermen?

What will it be like for Wyoming and North Dakota throughout the day and tomorrow?

My bosses are debating whether they should send me by plane to Williston, ND but I am not really happy with that decision, although i have flown before earlier this month in another cessna with some bad weather. Anyways, any input would be appreciate it. Thanks

[edit on 20-3-2006 by Muaddib]

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 02:58 AM
link   
wyoming will be good tomorrow where weather is concerned, not sure about the roads though. stay safe.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 03:12 AM
link   
heavy snow is doing a late shift north. Look for 6-10 inches of snow for north central ohio, this includes the counties of Knox, Coshocton, Licking, Franklin, Delaware, Union, and Logan.

In Indiana more the same.
Look for 8-12 inches in central Indiana including the counties of,
Warren, Tippecanoe, Clinton, Howard, Grant, Blackford, Jay, and Hamilton.

Yes yes many of you from ohio are thinking, but the weather guys said 1-3 inches in central oh., they are figuring on the storm dying out at around ohio state univ. but I say it keeps enough strength to bring us the heavy snow. I'm thinking it dies at the appalacians. Well folks, I have done all I can to prepare you for the storm. I will be up all night monitoring the storm for any changes, so be sure if you have a question to ask. Gimme 15 minutes to answer them though. If any changes occur, I will be sure to post it.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 03:45 AM
link   

I apologize for the slopiness, I made them quickly so I could get them up

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Big booming voice....."Now! NewsTeam 13's SUPERDUPERMEGADOPPLERWECANSEEYOURGIRLFRIENDSPANTIES-RADAR keeps you informed of MEGASUPERGIGANTOWINTERSTORM TWOTHOUSANDSIX!!!"

Just a little info.....It started snowing here in Des Moines about 930PM Monday and as of 3AM Tuesday morning, its still coming down. Doesn't seem too bad as it just started sticking to the roads about an hour ago. This storm is major news because of how much area is involved?

Hehe! Just a little edit........ Is it just my area or do all local TV stations make a huge drama out of their weather-reporting? I'd swear, the way Des Moines stations promote their "elite" weather teams, you could send these guys in to do anything from delivering babies to taking down small countries!!

[edit on 21-3-2006 by CreeWolf]

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I took some before and after pics around the neighborhood. Sorry about the file sizes.

Before pics...

And after... the budding tulips and those pretty yellow flowers are in trouble...

Its only 26 degrees at 5pm and its supposed to get down to the upper teens or maybe 20 degrees tonight. Our average low for the day is warmer than 32.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I should have taken some digitals like that on Mondayn today same thing here in Illinois everything was starting to turn green and flower sprouting up and today about 8 inches of snow this morning. Even called a snow day for the kids today

top topics

join