It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nick Cook/McDonald Douglas doc?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I just saw part of program on the History channel entitled: “An alien history of planet Earth” hosted by Nick Cook…

I didn’t pay that much attention to the program as I was doing other things, (and the show was pretty blah) but one thing caught my ear, the gist of which was:

Nick Cook had been given a McDonald Douglas document from 1968 by an inside source. The document stated that since UFOs had not been disproved, it would be to the companies best interests to investigate the phenomena, including contacting eye witnesses and people who claimed to have been abducted, to see what the company could learn about UFOs and perhaps design a better airplane from that knowlege…

Basically what I gathered was that After the release of the Condon Report (January, 1968) McDonald Douglass still felt that UFOs were physical things that could be studied and learned from, and perhaps carried out an investigation of their own.

I cannot (as yet) find any documentation online to support this.

Nick Cook seems to google well and seems to be respected:

peswiki.com...:Nick_Cook

so I’m ASSUMING that what he said and what they showed concerning the McDonald Douglas document is true…

but I can’t find anything to back it up…

Anybody ever hear about this?

rock on
twj

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I have yet to find anything on the net… seeing 60 something views to this thread and no replies makes me think that no one else has found anything either…

I wonder how receptive this Nick dude would be to sharing that document with the world… they talked about it and parts of it were shown on the documentary, so it’s not like it’s a Total secret or anything *sighs*

I’m aware of gov’ment/military sanctioned investigations, and I know groups like MUFON and so on poke around and stuff…

But that was the first I’d ever heard of a well funded, well staffed, Private sector company doing an investigation into UFOs.

One can only wonder what (if anything) they discovered… They are not bound by the same rules/regs/motives as gov/military are… No FOIA requests for private companies. Sure, they do defense contracts, but they are a private company with Profit as the driving motive….

mmmph.

Well, we’ll see if pestering Nick generates any results.

I’m guessing that no one else finds this as fascinating as I do?

rock on
twj

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I picked up on the same thing as well. I hadn't heard of the document until the program aired and haven't found anyone to back it up(lack of a better word) or any other discussions about it.

Reminds me of the Paranormal Borderline episode that featured the purported video evidence of an actual alien abduction caught on security cameras. After the show aired I remember one discussion online about it but since no mention of it.

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Well, not that anyone else is going to rush out and do this, but just in case, let it be known that I've sent an email to Jane's Defense requesting an appropriate way to communicate with Nick and I sent an email to (I believe) his receptionist, who, in theory, filters his emails for him.

So far no replies...

rock on
twj

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Torbjon ,

I think this is interesting. If I get the time between my own ongoing projects right now I'll search around some.

Keep us posted on whatever you can find.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I don't want to pee in anyone's Wheaties, but the fact is that McDonnell Douglas is in the government's back pocket. They are a major military contractor. I wouldn't count on seeing anything fresh related to your topic anytime soon.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 01:10 PM
link   
So, I just heard back from Mr. Cook... he hooked me up with a Mr. Andrew Johnson and I am currently waiting to hear back from Mr. Johnson about photos of the original docs...

however, in the meantime, they have sent me a transcript of the docs... (apparently, Mr. Johnson scanned the docs with one of those thingies that turns scanned images into text)

so we have a transcribed copy of a copy, or something *shrugs*

I realize that the information is completely Non-Conclusive of anything and is pretty much worthless in the realms of 'evidence', but it IS an interesting read...

and who knows? perhaps Mr. Johnson will provide us with photographs of the original docs for further analysis...

The following link will take you to a page containing the one image and complete communications I've had with Mr. Cook...

www.torbtown.com...

---
excerts:

" An ancillary approach to vehicle design is based on the assumption
that UFO's are extraterrestrial vehicles and that design clues may be
obtained by studying data from these vehicles."

" This background indicates that some UFOls.may be extraterrestrial
vehicles; they certainly have not been proven otherwise. The existence of
extraterrestrial vehicles indicates that vehicles can be built which would
have capabi . Iiiics quite useful to McDonnell Douglas Corporation."

----

pretty generic stuff, I know, but I find it interesting...

rock on
twj

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Excellent torbjon! Good follow up too. "Oldman" McDonnell was not one to miss a trick "earthbound" or not. Nick Cook is credible and I have no reason to doubt his professionalism. I'm sure the "de-bunker" mentality will go as hog-wild over this as MJ12. To me this "smells" true... Good on you, torbjon!

Thanx,

Victor K.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Mr. Johnson just got back to me... (Fast!)

He has posted all the information here::

www.checktheevidence.com...

however the last two .pdf files seem to be dead links. I've contacted Mr. Johnson about it and am awaiting a reply...

I'm currently downloading and archiving the information.... I have yet to go through all of the slide shows but so far they seem to work just fine, however the images are a bit smaller than I would have liked *shrugs*

Thanks to Mr. Cook, Mr. Johnson, Mr. Brown, eBay and the Internet for getting this info out there,,,

duty, (in the form of my two year old daughter) calls...

rock on
twj

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Visit the site in the previous post... this is significant! Who'da thunk it? I'm gonna run a "get" and inhale it all... before it disappears!

Wow,

Victor K.

[edit on 24-5-2006 by V Kaminski]

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 04:52 PM
link   
This is the best score by far in quite some time... gonna take a while to sift through... first notion - gold mine! You can see what was being "thought" back in the sixties... amazing. Tons of stuff. Provides some validation to occurences since then too... wild.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 05:08 PM
link   
just got a note from Mr. Johnson, he has fixed the broken links, all files are now available in .pdf format... pretty good scans, too. MUCH better than blacked out FIOA docs! *laughs*

I have to agree with V Kaminski 100%... sure, it's no rock and roll Serp-oh, there's no flashy Star Trek pics...

what there is are some pretty legitiment looking docs with some pretty testable math and some researchable names and places...

and a Very Interesting look into the mindset of various individuals who were serious about building a better airplane...

again, all the docs can be found here:

www.checktheevidence.com...

when time permits I will mirror them on my site... 'just in case'

twj

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Yeah torbjon, it's gonna take some serious research to "use" this the right way and make it "fit". You noticed Dr. Friedman's inquiry eh? That guy is a bulldog... still at it too. I wonder if he is aware of these "dougdocs" ... admittedly of yet confirmed provenance but if anyone can connect the dots it may be him. He back checks EVERYTHING and has a real sense of the possible history that this covers. The physics stuff is mind blowing and I'm not a physics whiz but what I saw did make sense at first blush. I emailed Andrew Johnson and thanked him and then he turned me on to some Wilbert J. Smith docs... one of which I didn't have but was aware of. I'm stoked. Triangles and disks are the "real deal" potentially. What else "has beeen buried" since I was a teen? I want to know what the "Orange Ball with the notch missing" was that my family saw just about the same date as these docs. Thanx man - freakin awesome.

[edit on 24-5-2006 by V Kaminski]

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 12:45 PM
link   
just bumping this up...

Kaminski, I'm surpised that (so far) no one else is sharing our enthusiasm over this stuff....

more people need to be looking into this.

Yes, there are no fuzzy photographs for people to shout PHOTOSHOP at, there are no shakey hand held home videos for folks to complain about and shout FAKE at, there's no chit chat about Reptillians and what flavor of jelly bean they prefer this year...

Nor is there some huge Earth Shattering smoking gun for people to go whoop de doo over...

it's just a little puzzle piece. But it's a Good Piece. it's the one with that little bit on it that helps make the whole picture just that much clearer...

I guess the debunkers here only play with the easy stuff, and the nutty crunchy believers only want fuzzy photographs *sighs*

Where are the Real researchers? Gazrok? lost_shaman? VAL?? Centrist? cmdr_keenkid? There's some funky math here that a bigger brainiac than me needs to take a peek at... Byrd? you've had some experience with "secret stuff", what do You make of these docs??

This Mr. Johnson dude seems pretty sincere and pretty easy to research... he's Out There (unlike, say, BR who was more than a little nebulous)

Sadly, I have very little time to devote to this right now... which is really bumming me out. I haven't even been able to read all of the docs yet (admittedly, there are a LOT of them) and at the rate I'm going it's going to be next year before I finally finish them all...

hope some more people pick up the ball and run with it...

duty(in the form of my two year old daughter) calls...

rock on
twj

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I showed some of the docs to Dr. Phillips over at U of T. She was all like "where did you get this" and "do you know what this means?". I gave her my copies of the entire "dougdocs" archive. I like torbjon am not a "physics-whiz" but this does seem important as a piece in the "big" picture. I've read through most of the couple of hundred "pages". Curiouser and curiouser, some names I've checked for confirmation are "good" so far... no "herrings au rouge" either. A real researcher is called for tho'. Whether this call is answered? Go figure.

Thanx,

Victor K.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I don't know this Dr. Phillips person, but I gather she's a non ATS pen and paper person who actually knows how to use a slide rule... too cool, thanks comrade.

And I'm going to Keep bumping this to top until people start to Read it (even though it has hard words in it)

I don't care if the aliens are as real as the nose on my face, whether or not the Reptillians prefer Mork and Mindy over Three's Company, or what my opinion would be in a hypothetical situation....

This, as BORING as it is, is evidence that can be Measured, Researched, and TESTED.

if ATSers can't be bothered to help do real leg work, to 'ell with 'em *shrugs*

Curious about this Dr. Phillips of yours..... Doctor of what, may I ask?

U of T? Tennessee? Tallimazoo? Tinbucktoo? (assuming Tennessee)

Curious about S. Freidmans take on this too... obviously he was in on it at one time... wonder if he even Knows his memo is mixed in with the lot....

I got five, maybe ten minutes before my daughter demands I stop typing again...

gonna go read a few more pages while I still can...'cause, you know, tha's what grown ups do *laughs*

keep 'em flying comrade
twj

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 03:07 PM
link   
She's a material sciences prof I went to HS with... Noooo, definitely NOT an ATS'er. Premo academic, carbon fiber pre-preg-whiz, the kid who never stopped going to school (you know).

Only person I know who I thought might be able to tell me what it meant. She seemed suprised to see the "logo" and stuff, she focused in on a couple of the EM & AG diagrams. She's no real authority.

I wonder who could best make use of this data? Has to be someone with a knowledge of the possible history so as to fit this"piece(s)" into the puzzle... quite tantalizing. It's got that aroma of authenticity doesn't it? Hey torbjon know any physicists? Would it be "right" to send Dr. Friedman a link or should we get an assessment from others before kicking 'it" up the chain?

Victor K.

[edit on 25-5-2006 by V Kaminski]

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Kaminski:

Oh, I think "keep it in the family" for the time being... sooner or later somebody with a bit more knowledge of just simple M.Donald document/memo formating will look at them and be able to say yea or nay, then somebody who actually Remembers alla the trig and calculus that they took in high school or college can play with the math (Phillips sounds like a good candidate for that, plus other theoretical stuff)

My contacts aren't much help here,,, medical people, political people, legal people, and actor people... no real brainiacs or corporate people though *sighs*

I'm thinkin' we read the stuff, chat about it, research the names/places/events described in the docs to make sure they are all real... try to put together an outline of what went down (and perhaps what was discovered--if anything) Then, if it still makes for a good story, kick it up to some bigger guns and see how they react to it...

I've sent a half dozen email notes off to Boeing these past two months regarding this issue, so far not One reply... I doubt they will ever fess up to it... this all happened forty years ago in another company... be pretty easy for them to claim they have no records of this (or simular) events...

Time will tell...

duty calls
twj

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 01:11 PM
link   
bump...

reading through the docs...

whereas the story of Gene May is interesting, and he really Was a test pilot for Douglas, the source of the story (George W. VanTassel) leaves a lot to be desired

not finding anything on the Germinisky kids report... not on MUFON, not anywhere... it's probably nothing but it should be cataloged somewhere....

Kaminski, how are you doing? I'm just glancing at the stuff and googling names and places right now... nice having docs that aren't all blacked out, ya know?

not sure any juicy "ufo" stuff is going to turn up in here, however it's the OTHER side of the coin I'm most interested in...

rock on
twj

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Yeah dude, I concur. I'm going through the worksheet of the named dates and sightings and see what I can find on the net. It'd be handy to know of a newspaper or radio/tv that may have reported some of the data in the public domain... to co-relate and confirm. Seems tedious but doable.

I had a look at the EM & AG diagrams again and couldn't help thinkin' about the "metamaterials" cloak that has DARPA undewritten ... make a nice envelope outside of "normal" physics we "dun bin taught is truth" but these seem to actually "Tap" something or other... and the several approaches taken lead me to have a notion that maybe the "Fouchet" TR descriptions are perhaps valid... the other one's I have no freakin' idea... ZPE? Something out of the normal spectrum as we think about it that's for sure. If any of this is true it will be amazing confirmation that the military industrial complex "was and probably are on it large" 100% 24/7/365 at least since then.

Notice the complete void of bias? Totally clinical scientific method. These were folks who knew precisely what data they were looking for and having decided that, then went and figured "it" out, by getting the documentation of "the events of interest". Following the several hypothetical approaches they then chose to take are then reasonable too. We need some old-timers who worked Douglas "paper" if not "aluminum" from about '65 till "Oldman" McDonnell got involved, (anyone from St. Louis? Cali?) to look at this stuff.

At least someone "hooked up" was looking at what we call "the UFO phenomenon" very, very seriously when I was a teen. That's almost enough for me! Nah, hoaxes happen all the time. At that time it may have been a "hot-house" (1 or 2 office) project, hush-hush (NTK) for sure... and it looks like they were getting ready to "pitch" more research at the execs too. I'm all "jazzed", back checking is so "Ugh!" but one has to do what they feel is correct I suppose.

Unless anyone else picks up this thread, u2u me, "nuff here for 10 people to beat on it with a stick for a lifetime of Sundays". I'm sure there's skeletons in the closet, but patience and rigour is called for like you say.

Hey can you contact Mr. Cook again and see who else is barkin' up this tree? If someone good is on it I'll just stand back and watch and learn how much of my "education" is BS... or what I wanna cal "the what THEY did after Roswell show." LOL.

Most significant thread in my experience so far. Dude, what if it's ALL true?... Hello, boss? You know the several years of vacation you owe me right? Well I'll take 'em in cash and I quit, I'm headin' for the hills. Vacation time! Back in 9 months or so!

Thanx torbjon, most fun I've had in a while, you da man!

Victor K.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join