It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is America destined to lose the Gulf War?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 04:59 PM
link   
According to this interpertation of prophecy America seems destined to lose this current conflict. This site says America is the end-times Egypt. Interesting when you consider the American currency. I don't know the currency of other world nations, but America carries the Pyramid on it's dollar.

Anchored in the history of the return from the Diaspora, there is a close association between Israel and Egypt. Jeremiah ominously predicted that militant Israeli settlers returning early to Jerusalem under the auspices of the decree of the king of Babylon would openly challenge God's terms by turning to "Egypt" (armaments) for support. Emboldened by that alliance, they would further defy God by crossing borders not legally assigned to them to form settlements in "Egyptian" lands.

goodnewschristianministry.org...

[edit on 24-3-2006 by asala]

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Accordingly, the success rate on any given type predicitions and/or prophecies is what, exactly?

Something to consider before venturing into notions of pyramids on currency.

seekerof

[edit on 18-3-2006 by Seekerof]

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Personally, I didn't need someone to predict that America is going to lose the gulf war. I thought it was quite obvious. I mean, a terrorist plants a small roadside bomb costing about $100 and destroys a tank that costs about $1,000,000, or an RPG that shoots down say a Black hawk (as an example). Anyone can tell you that could probably beat the american military. Its too geared for fighting a "traditional" war, not one against terrorists.

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 01:44 PM
link   
when America is characterized as an Egypt or Sodom or Babylon
....all that symbolism just confuses me,

i gather that Sodom was a city almost 100% hedonistic & perverse
(according to someones code of morality)
?
Egypt, was punished by 10 plagues sent by an Israelite Tribal g-d,
so the ancient Hebrews/Israelites would get their freedom and Mosiac laws

I cannot make any connections with those historic antiquities and the present day USA...there are no parallels.

the actions, politics, and conflicts the US is engaged in the Mid East & the Near East, has no similarity to the 'power projections' that Egypt may have
had in ancient times...Egypts armies seen to have been for defense rather than conquests.

in the [Quote Box] you posted,
the Israel return to Jerusalem, from Babylon, and then trusting in self determination and armaments for self protection==> actually sounds more like zionism than anything else.
?but i'm still wondering how that availing oneself of armaments
equates with (Egypt)...
and just as the ancient returning Israelites became "Egypt",,,
that present day USA is also become a symbolic 'Egypt'

i reckon a person has to be there to understand whats being preached....
keep us/me posted nether-the-less

peace

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by apex
Personally, I didn't need someone to predict that America is going to lose the gulf war. I thought it was quite obvious. I mean, a terrorist plants a small roadside bomb costing about $100 and destroys a tank that costs about $1,000,000, or an RPG that shoots down say a Black hawk (as an example). Anyone can tell you that could probably beat the american military. Its too geared for fighting a "traditional" war, not one against terrorists.

Well considering that its blowing up a tank, I'd call that a guerilla war, and yes for many armies such a thing is difficult to defeat. And while I'm not saying that the iraqis might not eventually force America out; the prophecy or its interpretation is much deeper than this. It indicates that America will be attacked and her bases removed by a nation to the direct east of iraq in a northern position(in other words Iran). And therefore it's a conventional attack.

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
when America is characterized as an Egypt or Sodom or Babylon
....all that symbolism just confuses me,

i gather that Sodom was a city almost 100% hedonistic & perverse
(according to someones code of morality)
?
Egypt, was punished by 10 plagues sent by an Israelite Tribal g-d,
so the ancient Hebrews/Israelites would get their freedom and Mosiac laws

I cannot make any connections with those historic antiquities and the present day USA...there are no parallels.

the actions, politics, and conflicts the US is engaged in the Mid East & the Near East, has no similarity to the 'power projections' that Egypt may have
had in ancient times...Egypts armies seen to have been for defense rather than conquests.

in the [Quote Box] you posted,
the Israel return to Jerusalem, from Babylon, and then trusting in self determination and armaments for self protection==> actually sounds more like zionism than anything else.
?but i'm still wondering how that availing oneself of armaments
equates with (Egypt)...
and just as the ancient returning Israelites became "Egypt",,,
that present day USA is also become a symbolic 'Egypt'

i reckon a person has to be there to understand whats being preached....
keep us/me posted nether-the-less

peace

Bible prophecy is definetly confusing and I think its because of the highly cryptic nature of it. Like King of North what exactly is that, or the beasts. But it's precisely because of that, that I have taken an interest in it. I believe there is quite alot there, if you can understand it. But what interested me so much about this prophecy was the concept of an end-times egypt being a associated with a power outside of the middle east. Rarely do you come to a christian site on prophecv with an interpretation like that.

The Bible prophecies actually speak of a nation at the end-times that's called the daughter of egypt, and many biblical prophecies indicate the many visions were for the end-times not the days of israel. I'm not sure whether Egypt really has to stand for military or is just the timeframe of the prophecy was when Egypt was a superpower, so the prophet used Egypt as an example. Does every ancient name stand for some particular part of a nations power or not I don't know, but I do believe Babylon does have a special meaning simply because it's mention in revelation and Babylon was long since gone by then.

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Egypt was not totally defensive they did conquer the syro-palestinian area. Their armies went into nubia and northern mesopotamia. They may not have been the worst empire to live under, but they had their moments. But the site of this prophecy doesn't just consider America as end-times Egypt, but also Babylon and Greece.

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 08:59 PM
link   
No one is a"winner" in war....It is needed to stop Tyrants from killing..

new topics

top topics

join