It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Town Rules Pot Paintings on House Not Illegal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Five months after Christopher Seekins was arrested and charged with cultivating marijuana in his home, neighbors have complained about the giant marijuana leaves he has spray-painted on the outside of his home on High Street.

"There's no reason anybody should have a problem with it," Seekins said Wednesday.

Town officials said the marijuana paintings apparently do not conflict with local laws.

"There's nothing in the property maintenance code that deals with writing on your house," Joe Beadle, chief code enforcement officer, said.

Seekins says the large leaves are in support of the cause of the legalization of marijuana. He believes firmly in the usefulness of hemp, the coarse fiber of the cannabis plant, from textiles to paper products.

He should've kept it under 100 plants and then he wouldnt have to worry about govt taking his property....

lawl or maybe he shouldn't have advertised?

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   
nuff respect.

no law against expression of creation.

nothin to do with advertising, the law knows the score with the guy...

they have no right to complain... do you think they would complain if it were a picture they agreed with? no it is purely down to personal opinion and each individual has the right to express themselves in anyway they choose... it is the sole responsiblity of every individual if they act upon the influence of other.

Just because he put an image of a ganj plant on his house should make him an outlaw. It would be the same as outlawing all music that was influenced by mindaltering drugs or banning all art influenced by peoples own descision to be creative using mind altering substances. That would be tantamount to fascism.

let them eat CAKE! GANJE CAKE OR CHEESE CAKE (i don't care..)

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Well due to the fact he had over 100 plants, grow lights and plant food... I dont think it was wise to paint weed leaves on your house and not expect trouble atelast not in america.

I'm sure when he did that his neighbors became so butt hurt they spied on him and then called the cops when they saw a plant in his home through window..

I think its cool he painted them but I think its retarded he was having a massive grow op in that house... I mean cmon now.

ps: and he lives on High Street, lawl what a stonah!

[edit on 18-3-2006 by Lysergic]

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 08:36 PM
link   
What was this idiot thinking? LMAO

Well…I guess it’s clear that he wasn’t thinking…I wonder why

Good for him if he wants to support NORML….I do…A lot of people do…It would have been a little less conspicuous if say – He put a sign in his yard….

But drawing pot leaves on the side of your house while you’re growing plants inside? That’s just plain stupid….A “half-baked” idea if I’ve ever heard of one…

News Source

[edit on 3/18/2006 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 12:07 PM
link   
He should have just left the guessing game out. Maybe by painting "I am growing over 100 marijuana plants inside this house." I dunno...

Lives on high street too. That's epic.

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 02:07 PM
link   
The way I see it is he's probably a businessman, just trying to cheaply advertise his wares.

Nothing wrong with a little free advertising!!

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Five months after Christopher Seekins was arrested and charged with cultivating marijuana in his home, neighbors have complained about the giant marijuana leaves he has spray-painted on the outside of his home on High Street.

I take this to mean that he spraypainted his house only after the bust, i.e., when he was no longer selling.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   
yeah i read that wrong guess I wasnt only one haha

he got busted cause they saw him messing with a plant through his window

he painted the plants on the house as revenge. makes more sense now I guess

cept

He shouldve been more dramatic paint the house green and then put giant white pot leaves

HOOOGE

ah well

new topics

top topics

join