It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will the president push the preemptive button?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 03:14 PM
link   
www.uruknet.info...

So while the USA stockpile is down to about 5,000 or 10,000 nuclear warheads, Kristensen argues that planners of the new regime in military strategy, "simultaneously have created a new mission that reaffirms the importance and broadens the role of nuclear weapons further by changing or lowering the perceived threshold or timing for when nuclear weapons may be used in a conflict. That threshold must be different than in the past, otherwise why include a nuclear option in CONPLAN 8022?"

CONPLAN 8022 is the Pentagon’s contingency strike plan that Kristensen is tracking through freedom of information requests. He calls CONPLAN 8022, "a new strike plan developed by STRATCOM [the Pentagon’s Strategic Command, tasked with taking the lead in matters of weapons of mass destruction] in coordination with the Air Force and Navy to provide a prompt global strike options to the President with nuclear, conventional, space, and information warfare capabilities."

Do you think it will get to this? I think it can and will.

This is very sad.

mod edit: fixed external quote tag

[edit on 3/18/2006 by Gools]

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I went to source. Sounds like good news bad news--weapons number down but so is threshold down. Hope just because we have plan doesn't mean we will use it. I doubt we would, but plan is there. What is "information warfare capabilities"?

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I tell you what increasing the debt limit is what Bush was waiting for so he could start his next campaign in Iran.

If is going to happen it will be before the congress elections because I have the feeling that congress will change hands.

So now is more money to spend and finance another assault.

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Marg, I don't see Iran happening. There are MANY young adults
there who are just itching to be rid of that countries whackjob
leadership. There is no reason for Americans to have to physically
go there.

I forsee funding of subversive organizations within Iran along with
a whole lot of information being pumped in via airwaves and
underground newspapers.... that sort of thing.

A bunch of money will be pumped into overturning the loons in
charge of Iran. But I really doubt it will come to a conventional
war.

new topics

top topics

join