It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Last Supper - DaVinci Code

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyNut23

Originally posted by Tutsuki
DaVinci was not there

You make some good points, however what I’m trying to determine (or get opinions on) is whether DaVinci himself believed there was a girl present at the Last Supper. Then, illustrated what he imagined.

I think the anachronism I mention, is a good example that he wasn’t actually there.

thanks for the link.

I'm still working on reading through all of the posts, but I just wanted to let you know that art historians have already disproved this theory quite easily. You see, before most artists create a painting, they make preliminary sketches of what they will paint. Da Vinci's original sketches for the "Last Supper" still exist, and not only are all the apostles present in those sketches, but THEY ARE ALL LABELED. Mary was not there, but John was.

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 01:47 AM
link   
The whole Davinci code spawns off of some dit-wit who didn't see the Holy Grail on the table. So his wacko mind immediately starts thinking CONSPIRACY! Peter is actually a woman even though that would mean there were only 11 desciples, not 12. Her baby is the Holy Grail because Jesus has intercourse with her, right. Knights of the Templar, a breed of jesus's offspring throughout history, Leonardo Davinci secrectly telling us this in his paintings, blah, blah, blah.

Leonardo Davinci was a master painter. A master painter wants people to not only notice his work but really study it. This nonsense stems from the Holy Grail not being on the table. Correct it's not one the table, it's hidden in the wall just above the first desciples head.

Check it out: viewmorepics.myspace.com...

Edit: For class.

[edit on 13-5-2006 by intrepid]

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 08:33 AM
link   
nice link.

Invalid Friend ID.
This user has either cancelled their membership, or their acccount has been deleted.

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I love this subject. I have been facinated with this painting for about 26 years. As a preschooler, my mom would take me over to my Grandmas house while she went and cleaned houses. My Grandma had a very old tapestry of the last supper hanging on the wall in the kitchen. That thing was about as big as the table itself. Anyway, I am surprised now that the tapestry was exactly the same as the origional, beings that there are so many different ones out there today.

Anyway, on to my point. I noticed at a very young age that the person sitting on Jesus's right hand side was a girl. My Grandma about had a heart attack. Im sorry, it can be labeled what ever, but in the origional painting (before it was "touched up") that person had BOOBS. If he was going to draw a woman there, I seriously doubt that he would label it as such. I recon no one will ever know for sure.

I also noticed the hand with the knife, that came from no one seen in the painting. She about had a heart attack over that one too haha. I am not sure what it means, but the knife is pointing at the light source.

Also, as you look at the painting, the third person from Jesus on the right, does not belong there. Take a look at him, notice the shadows on his face. He doesnt fit. He is the only person or thing in the room that has a different light source, a light source that does not come from anything in that room.

As for the cup that isnt there, look at the origional painting, and pay attention to Jesus's right hand. It is either an invisable cup, or glass.....whatever. His right hand is on the cup.

[edit on 13-5-2006 by mrsdudara]

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Ok, that link didn't work. Hopefully this one will. Once again, the Holy Grail is hidden in textures on the wall just above the first desciples head: en.wikipedia.org...:Leonardo_da_Vinci_%281452-1519%29_-_The_Last_Supper_%281495-1498%29.jpg

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 08:49 AM
link   
That is very interesting. I never noticed that in any of the others. Hopefully someday I can see the real one.

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 12:32 PM
link   
ya, that is the original, it's been through alot of damage throughout the years. The "repaint", which alot of people have seen has the walls one smooth color and most people believe that to be the original. That's probably where this whole DaVinci code thing got started.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 07:20 PM
link   
What I'd like to point out is the fact that we will never know what the original "Last Supper" Painting looked like. We may never know if Da Vinci viewed Mary Magdalene as having so much importance to actually be included in theevent of the last supper.

What I would like to argue is the fact that Da Vinci's painting has been ruined beyond fixing due to the erosion it has suffered.

Also, the thing that I believe to have started the rumors and allegations is the copied painting of Da Vinci's original, by an unknown artist.

We will never know if Da Vinci had a woman in the picture, although it seems highly unlikely due to him having the original 12 disciples by his side, fact courtesy of the Bible. However, due to this unknown artists' portrayal of Da Vinci's painting we see the person on the right hand of Jesus who looks oddly female.

Seeing this, I feel it was the unknown artists intention to make that disciple feminine and for his own reasons and not that of Da Vinci's.

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I agree with you 100%.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by EdenKaia
Da Vinci's original sketches for the "Last Supper" still exist, and not only are all the apostles present in those sketches, but THEY ARE ALL LABELED. Mary was not there, but John was.

Eden, I’ve raised that point on page 1 of this thread, however no sources were ever given.

Would you happened to know in what book you saw this, or at what museums they are deposited at?

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 05:39 PM
link   
OK, I'm back, I know I'm a little late but I completely forgot all about this forum, I just got so backed up in my work. But things have eased up now, and I was just going though my bookmarks and I noticed this one and I'm like "Oh yeah, this thing." And since this topic doesn't seem completely dead yet, I'll post stuff.

Where to start, I guess first thing is the picture I said I would post, I'm not gonna scan the entire thing, that would take forever, but I did scan the page that has the Apostle John(also, in my opinion he looks a lot more like a guy in this picture, at least to me), so heres a link, hope it works, first time doing this, which is also why I just gave a direct link instead, was afraid to experiment.

img315.imageshack.us...

And heres a smaller but full picture of the entire last supper painting in black and white.

img228.imageshack.us...

Now to talk about some things about "the Last Supper," "Leonardo," and "that stupid The Da Vinchi code crap."

If you notice in the picture(which as far as I know is a picture of the actual painting), the Apostle John doesn't look all that girlish. Its probably harder to tell on all those small picture of the paintings and poorly done recreations of the painting. And you gotta remember, Leonardo wasn't there, the painting was his recreation of a very great event, to him an event truly worthy of an artist. But he did have a bunch of notes and written commentaries or something of his work as well, plus other people have kept logs themselves, so we do know quite a bit of what went on then, many of these documents are still around as far as I know. Plus he used models to help him paint the picture too, you're looking at people from the late 14 hundreds. And from what I can gather, Leonardo wasn't trying to create some hidden message or anything, he was recreating a great event, he wanted to paint there expressions, how they felt at that time, and be able to see it and so much more. I also scanned a few more pages from the book that talk about "The Last Supper" and a couple of his sketches. Theres probably more info about it all in the book but it will take a long time to find it, so this will have to do for now. As well, ConspiracyNut23, don't know if this is enough for you but heres some of his sketches(all the sketches my book has at least, I'm sure theres more in a museum or something). I've also added some of the stuff where the book talks about the last supper, I didn't bother to type it all, I'm to lazy to do that much, I just scanned the book, cropped stuff, I'm not to good at all of this but hopefully its OK. Well heres the links.

Sketches
img458.imageshack.us...
img396.imageshack.us...
img396.imageshack.us...
img373.imageshack.us...
Text (Don't know if this stuff will mean much to anybody but o well)
img112.imageshack.us...
img112.imageshack.us...
img112.imageshack.us...
img235.imageshack.us...
(I know the pages are different sizes, thats because there were a bunch of unrelated pictures I just cut those out, but all the pages are in order so read normally even if they don't explain much)

Something else about Leonardo, He was a very good Catholic who practiced his faith rather well. And he knew his religion, he knew what he was doing and wanted to do and yes, he knew that the person to the right of Jesus is St. John (As far as history tells us at least).

looks like Im running out of how much space I can use, I'll just post a second post hopfully.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Continued from before.

And the book "the Da Vinchi code", its a bunch of bull, completely fictional that(at least as far as a I can see) is trying to be passed as fact. And even as EdenKaia has said about historians, most historians(if not all) admit that this book is a bunch of nonsense and lies, and this book can easily be disproved(If your willing to listen at least). what ever the author was trying to do I don't know exactly. But just to point out a couple things to disprove this book. Lets take the Mona Lisa for one, in the book I believe the author was trying to say that Leonardo had some demonic meaning behind the name Mona Lisa or something, but the fact is, Leonardo never knew his painting was going to be called the Mona Lisa, its original name was "La Gioconda" I think, It wasn't named the Mona Lisa till 17 years AFTER his death. Another note, I think the book makes mention of Opus Dei, and how there was some evil monk in it or something, fact is there were never any monks in Opus Dei, its not that type of thing. This guy definitely didn't know what he was talking about. Just a couple things to think about. Sorry if this is all a little jumbled and hard to understand a little, but I'm doing this in a hurry, got some where to go soon. but I hope it will open some eyes. well till then.

PS, just incase, I have mentioned it before, but I will not respond to the immature. But despite that I MAY not be back for a little bit, we will see. and also, do not forget, the da vinchi code is fiction, it is NOT non fiction. sorry if this goes a little off topic, just wanted to get some points across, thats all. well hope this all helps, good bye for now.

[edit on 17-5-2006 by Tutsuki]

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Thanks Tutsuki

Great scans. However the only sketches that are label is this one. And it seems he hasn't lable label John/Mary or Jesus.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I was about to go to bed and thought "well, I'll check out that post real quick", so here I am, and just to say, I am not 100% on this one but I dont think its in english, I think leonardo spoke another language, at least for some reason I think that. and if it is so, that means his handwriting is in another language as well. and your welcome, I'm glad if what I posted helps clear up anything even a little. well for now, good night all.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure it's Italian. (Also I think he often wrote sort of upside down, so that it could only be read in a mirror.)

The reason i say they are not label is that there is nothing over their heads, as opposed to the other characters.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyNut23
I'm pretty sure it's Italian. (Also I think he often wrote sort of upside down, so that it could only be read in a mirror.)
The reason i say they are not label is that there is nothing over their heads, as opposed to the other characters.

You're right about the mirror writing, which is what has spawned so many people to say that Da Vinci was indeed trying to hide something. I think it just helped him catalogue his own work in a unique way, but that is another story for another time. If you look at the figures in the bottom right, the figure on the left side is labeled as John in this personal text. For a quick test, write the word, "Giovanni" on a piece of paper and hold it upside down against the mirror. Look similar?

[edit on 17-5-2006 by EdenKaia]

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 10:29 PM
link   
John the Baptist

Take a look at this painting, also by LEONARDI DA VINCI, and tell me if you notice any similarities between this, and the supposed "Mary Magdalene" in the "Last Supper". I came upon this while researching something, and it made me think about another little inconsistency with this whole "mary" theory. If you look at Leo's paintings, wherever a woman is depicted(ALMOST always, anyway) in the company of others, especially of the opposite sex, he tended to give them a veil or some other kind of garment so that the viewer would be better able to differentiate. This is lacking in the "Last Supper". And then there is that ever obvious question, if this is supposed to be Mary, then where is John, a favorite among Jesus' diciples?

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Faust
The whole Davinci code spawns off of some dit-wit who didn't see the Holy Grail on the table. So his wacko mind immediately starts thinking CONSPIRACY! Peter is actually a woman even though that would mean there were only 11 desciples, not 12. Her baby is the Holy Grail because Jesus has intercourse with her, right. Knights of the Templar, a breed of jesus's offspring throughout history, Leonardo Davinci secrectly telling us this in his paintings, blah, blah, blah.
Leonardo Davinci was a master painter. A master painter wants people to not only notice his work but really study it. This nonsense stems from the Holy Grail not being on the table. Correct it's not one the table, it's hidden in the wall just above the first desciples head.
Check it out: viewmorepics.myspace.com...

I did look at this, and as I zoomed in on the place that you refer to, it is completely obvious that there no 'grail' hidden there. From farther out, it seems possible, but don't take my word for it, check it out yourself.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 10:19 AM
link   

I am not 100% on this one but I dont think its in english, I think leonardo spoke another language, at least for some reason I think that. and if it is so, that means his handwriting is in another language as well.

Does Italian ring a bell? He was born in Italy , Raised in Italy, Spent a good portion of his life in Italy, Im just guessing here but i would suspect his native language would be
Italian. But then again maybe he prefered frog.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 11:06 AM
link   
It's too bad the painting has always been in such poor condition. It does contain a lot of symbolism, which is pretty standard for the time. None of the figures are placed there haphazardly. Each one is an attempt to illustrate a point or to remind us of a piece of a story.

The thing that always gets my attention is where all the Apostles are looking. A few look at Jesus, but some are looking all over the place. Jesus, himself, looks down at his right hand for some reason.

And of course the hand positions are very interesting.

I suppose if nothing else, the book and the movie are getting more people interested in art and symbolism.

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join