It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush to Bush....to another Bush?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gools
Ok I appologise to CORF if I've derailed his thread with my little joke (actually it would be funny if it wasn't true) so to get things back on track I'll ask why in the world would Americans accept yet another Bush family member? Even without Diebold being a factor.

Didn't Washington explicitely refuse a crown and the concept of monarchy? Are there no other good candidates among the almost 300,000,000 people of that country?

Why this desire for ruling family dynasties?

Carry on...

Speak your mind! As long as the content is being talked about. Why would we want a AI counting the tolls of who will be the next "leader", "Face of the U.S.". Ill sit there and count it for free if need to be.

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I think that John MCcain would be an excellent choice for president in 08. I would love to see the Bush family taken out of the US political spectrum forever, but I know that we will still be at war when elections take place. IMO Hilliary Clinton would be a poor alternative, and I pray that she never even gets the opportunity to run. MCcain would be a breath of fresh air in a lot of ways. He has a great deal of respectability throughout our government and the world in general. MCcain has first hand military experience and he knows the horrors of war, having been a POW, with that would come a desire to promote peace and diplomacy before risking war and loss of life. On the same hand he would have the common sense and experience to know that pulling out too fast would leave the middle east an unstable wasteland. He seems like a very wise, fair and capable leader, which is what America needs, real leadership. Maybe as president he would be able to come up with a plan to clean up Bush's mess and help regain credibilty for the US gov in the eyes of the rest of the world. Whoever the next president is, they will sure have a big job ahead of them.

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
I sincerely doubt Jeb Bush could ever become president...he has a lot of personal issues. I also doubt Hillary will ever get it either -- too much triangulation and personal issues as well....

[edit on 3/18/2006 by djohnsto77]

Agree with that!
Also, I would not vote for any member of Congress who voted to give Bush their power to declare war.

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Will Jeb Bush run for POTUS in 2008? As of now he is in his second term as governor in Florida. However, he says no. His daughter is allegedly still in drug rehab. He allegedly has marital problems. It was at first thought that he might run for Senate, but in this also he said no.

But, these are some articles to read more about it:

This is from CNN in which Bush Sr. hopes in a 2005 article that Jeb will run. But even here, it is revealed that Jeb says no.

Senior Bush plugs Jeb for president 'someday'

Here is an article from News Max in 2004 that says Jeb will not run:

Insider Report: Jeb or Giuliani for 2008?

Here is a Washington Post article talking about McCain's possible bid for 2008. But at the same time, it says that Jeb Bush will not run. This article was on June 14, 2005 by E.J. Dionne, Jr. It was on page A21.

McCain May Be Bush's Ticket

Personally, I hope that Mr. GWB is the last Bush in office. We need to have someone who can effectively turn our country around and will restore dignity back to the office of the POTUS.

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Do you think that he is saying this because his bother is causing so much " unknown"? Even if his family is going through hard times doesnt mean it would not happen. Look at the clintons you know they went though stuff before, during and now even after the head seat. GWB hasnt ever had a real job other then the one he has now and its showing. ( college days wasnt sitting around reading books of mr G) Im still unsure what the famliys of the powers to be are truly thinking. We just need a end to the old ways and the start of a new front...Right front, truth would hepl..if McCain can do it then great...hes been there and done that doesnt eazz my guts just means he knows were the line is....now how far the line has moved by the Bush and clinton people might even change that whole idea.

The bottem line is the one who will be ruling the U.S. in the yrs to come are going to have to be a good tight rope walker with all the new things playing out.
Do you think McCain will keep the laws that are taking some freedoms away?
Do you think if he keeps them, is he going to tell the "whole" truth about them to the people?
Or do you think he will be under the thumb of the " true leaders of the free world"?
I dont whant another role over and pet my belly..leader.
Need a watch Dawg! Not a throw rug. Just a little unsure what to think.

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Gee, I don't know. Will they be old enough in '08?

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Jeb isn't running. He has already said so. He couldn't make it
anyways. His daughter's drug problems and his wife's ... uh ..
failure to disclose goods she brought into America. He couldn't
make it.

There is another George Bush. A nephew of George W. He is
VERY popular and is bilingual (Spanish). I wouldn't be surprised
to see him run for some public office in the future.

I look for Frist, Guiliani and McCain to be the republican front runners
in 2008. My personal favorite - Guiliani. McCain is second. I like both.

[edit on 3/19/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 12:08 PM
link   
My bet is on Cheney will run or Arnold (Governor Cali.) if they change the constitution within the next 2 years to allow a foriegner to be president and they have been trying for the past couple years.

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Could it possibly be Condasleeezy Rice vs Hilary?

Rice just came over here to Australia, simply thanks to her presence and we had riot police bashing music students. If she had come anywhere near me I would have punched her in the kydneys.

The whole system is corrupt and we need a new one, there will never ever be true democracy until we get a 3rd party candidate who is not beholden to the banks.

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 06:22 PM
link   
How about like the kings.
Bush the first bush the second bush the third

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by valkeryie

Actually it'll be Bush-Clinton-Bush-Clinton-Bush....

Or bad times, good times, bad times, good times, bad times

[edit on 18-3-2006 by valkeryie]

Or... bad times, bad times, bad times, bad times, bad times...

If it is Dem or Repub... bad, bad, bad.

I think there will be a lot of people trying to run that nobody has heard of.

[edit on 3/19/06 by VeeTwin60]

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrBones666
If she had come anywhere near me I would have punched her in the kydneys.

Careful, The Secret Service will be on you like white on rice on a paper plate in a snowstorm.

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrBones666
Rice just came over here to Australia, simply thanks to her presence and we had riot police bashing music students. If she had come anywhere near me I would have punched her in the kydneys.

What? Do you mean that the riot police simply charged into the music studios and attacked students who were peacefully strumming their harps and lyres?

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by valkeryie

Actually it'll be Bush-Clinton-Bush-Clinton-Bush....

Or bad times, good times, bad times, good times, bad times

[edit on 18-3-2006 by valkeryie]

You mean Good times-bad times-good times-bad times-good times....

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 08:44 AM
link   
McCain is a fence sitter. Talk about flip-flop

I think we should make Vicente Fox the president of the United States. Things could only get better.

Lets outsource the presidency!!!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join