It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US fears defeat in Iran war

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
People,

Please have a civilised discussion or this thread will be closed.

You are correct. My apologizes.

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 09:28 PM
link   

As I recall, Iran was unable to defeat Iraq in a pretty long war, a number of years ago, when Iraq was standing as a sovereign nation. Interesting to think that keyboard warriors, such as yourself, could now turn anything, at all, into a pothole ... No offense intended, but after reading some of the stuff you Pro-Irani's are posting here as truth, justice, etc... I suspect you are more likely to create a small pothole and fall in it.

that was 30 years ago and we were under sanctions with chemical weapons supplied by USA to saddam to attack us. most countries supported iraq that time and we still held them off. You guys nor your government care about the iranian people or their freedom. if you did than you wouldnt give saddam so much of your chemical/biological weapons killing thousands of our soldiers. You guys even dropped a nuclear bomb in japan!. Just to let you know USA also lost in vietnam which lasted 14 years and you still couldnt beat them.

[edit on 18-3-2006 by Mehran]

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 09:49 PM
link   
It is my belief that those who are capable of truly "doing" realize the benefit of a balanced approach...

SeekerOf... I have never been to Iraq... Would never join the military (US anyway)... I beleive in killing for a purpose... Not murder... I have been shot at... and returned fire. So I can appreciate the value in life...

As an "arm chair general" I will sit back with a bag of popcorn and watch the worlds greatest show.

If I may suggest to the worlds most technologically advanced military..."its the litte things". As an Electrical Engineer who designs such things I can positively say... too much faith in your weapons will be your downfall.

You and a few others may truly think Iraq was a tough enemy....I am not buying it...

There has been good foriegn military hardware and bad. There has been good US military hardware and bad... Clearly the AK47 has proven itself so has the M16...

Anyhow your arrogance serves my purpose so I guess I won't complain to much....

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Yeah the US can't conquer Iran like we couldn't Iraq but we can do the same thing to Iran that we have done to Iraq that is turn it into a rubbish pile. The US air-superiority and naval superiority would win the day. We'd take some losses the Iranians are alot more powerful than the Iraqi's ever were. But facts are facts when we spend $400 billion and you spend $4 billion that pretty much says it all.

You know I can't get my head around why people like Mehran would want their country which has made great strides in many ways to be obliterated. You know you've built pretty valuable trade relations with Europe and Russia not to mention China and your willing to throw it all away. And for what to say that you've got a nuke. Wow really hey everybody Iran's got a nuke.

The Russians won't be pleased they don't want another nation so close to them to be starting trouble. And its not like you'll have it for long once you do detonate a nuke you'll have the IAF on you like stink on you know what. And if your pinning your hopes on the red chinese to come to your rescue think again. If anything their just using you to weaken the US to put the US more in their pocket. Do you really believe they would sacrifice their prosperity for you?

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by israelcd
It is my belief that those who are capable of truly "doing" realize the benefit of a balanced approach...

Are you inferring that you have remotely given a "balanced approach"?

SeekerOf... I have never been to Iraq... Would never join the military (US anyway)... I beleive in killing for a purpose... Not murder...

Umm, killing, whether for a purpose or not, is murder.
"Murder" is "killing for a purpose."
Your bringing up "killing for a purpose" and "murder" was pointless.

I have been shot at... and returned fire. So I can appreciate the value in life...

Umm, okie dokie.

As an "arm chair general" I will sit back with a bag of popcorn and watch the worlds greatest show.

With butter or without?

If I may suggest to the worlds most technologically advanced military..."its the litte things". As an Electrical Engineer who designs such things I can positively say... too much faith in your weapons will be your downfall.

I highly doubt it Mr. Electrical Engineer.

You and a few others may truly think Iraq was a tough enemy....I am not buying it...

No, of course you do not...you were not there.
Easy to say such when your sitting behind your TV or computer screen attempting to be the armchair general that you are. Do not feel bad, there are a multitude of others, such as yourself, who talk such BS, but have never been there or even in a combat environment. How ironic....

There has been good foriegn military hardware and bad. There has been good US military hardware and bad... Clearly the AK47 has proven itself so has the M16...

Your point?

Likewise.

seekerof

[edit on 18-3-2006 by Seekerof]

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mehran
You guys even dropped a nuclear bomb in japan!. Just to let you know USA also lost in vietnam which lasted 14 years and you still couldnt beat them.

What does a atomic bomb being dropped on japan have to do with anything?

and Vietnam was lost for the same reasons we may lose in Iraq, the protestors and anti-war crowd applied enough pressure to congress that they pulled out of Vietnam.......so the NVA and vietcong didnt actually win militarily, they one with the aid of other americans.

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 10:27 PM
link   
just who is "political expert Mohammad Reza Rahim Nezhad" does he have an axe to grind ? is he independent ? i care not about capability - but does this individual have the neccessary kudos that we should listen to him ? show pictures of fighters by all means but PLEASE PLEASE look at the source first

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nakash
err... no, Iran would be toppled overnight, but nobody is going to start a war over ridiculously flimsy reasons. Shows how different the West is than the Islamic world which given military superiority would try to wipe out everyone it hates.
]

YOU Said it bro amen to that
but Sometimes we sould the world why they should not # with us
USA HOE

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by israelcd

It's not arrogance israelcd, it's just plain numbers and facts.

The Military budgets of both countries are not even close. The U.S. military budget alone is almost equal to the entire GDP of Iran.

Iran's Army is mainly conscipted while the U.S. Army is an all volunteer, battle tested, professional fighting force that is use to working in combined arms tactics. Comparisons between the two should take these facts into consideration.

Air power and guided munitions would be decisive again as it has in every major military conflict the U.S. has been involved in since the 90's. Iran has no Airforce that can compare to the U.S. arsenal.

The U.S. has battle tested Equipment, Soldiers, Commanders, Supply Lines, Weapons systems strategies and tactics. Can you say the same for Iran?

If I were to pick a side it would be the one with battle hardened troops and equipment that employ better military tactics with superior weapon systems. Iran would not survive a sustained attack from the U.S. and still function anywhere near the way it does today. Let's hope it doesn't come to that.

bih

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigx01
you win

shoulder fired rockets like
those are bringing apachee's down left and right in iraq

NOT!!!

[edit on 18-3-2006 by bigx01]

well if an ak47 is bringing them down,why wouldnt those missiles

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 11:02 PM
link   
OK, First off...We did horrible in Vietnam, our tatics were so wrong, and it wasnt our war. In WW2, the allies would have lost without the US. In the first Iraq war, Kuwait did need us, they asked for our help. 2nd Iraq war was really all too easy.
Next, everyone keeps talking about ballistic missles and air supority(forgive my spelling), Have none of u heard of tanks, antiair, and antimissles, Irans missles would never even leave their country before they were blasted out of the air. 2nd, obviously you guys have never heard of stealth technology on our planes and our helicopters. Some of those heli's you cant even hear. they just appear. And it would be at night so you wouldnt see them, you wouldnt see them on radar and you wouldnt hear them. All you would hear is the explosions of the where the missles hit. Hard to fight an enemy you cant see. Obviously those who support iran havent heard of special forces. They usually go in and take out MISSLES and plant bombs, and assasinate leaders. etc before a war starts..(couple of weeks before)....i keep hearing about misssles that missles this....have none of you heard of EMP? all those damn missles would be useless...AND EVERYTHING ELSE ELECTRONIC including tanks and any RPGs that have electronic componets, and EMP has a very large blast radious. i liked how Iran spends so little on military and US does..you dont think we spend 20Grand on a toliet seat do you? we spend it on cutting edge technology that iran cant afford. also our troops are trained to be the best of the best, best weapons, best tatics, best gear. Unlike some of those fighters in the Iraq war using AK's and running around in Sandles...I dont even see how we can call Iran a challenge....another i dont think u realize is that sometimes the US does have shortages, and could have shortages, but in time of war we have something called a Draft, that basically gives the miltary a unlimited supply of cannon fodder...lol...i think anyone that thinks iran would win in a war is just stupid...sorry but its clear to see. Also i noticed lots of arguing on this topic..so im gonna say what i always say when people start arguing out of civil terms.

Edit: Comment lacking class.

[edit on 18-3-2006 by intrepid]

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 11:03 PM
link   

As I recall, Iran was unable to defeat Iraq in a pretty long war, a number of years ago, when Iraq was standing as a sovereign nation. Interesting to think that keyboard warriors, such as yourself, could now turn anything, at all, into a pothole ... No offense intended, but after reading some of the stuff you Pro-Irani's are posting here as truth, justice, etc... I suspect you are more likely to create a small pothole and fall in it.

that was 30 years ago and we were under sanctions with chemical weapons supplied by USA to saddam to attack us. most countries supported iraq that time and we still held them off. You guys nor your government care about the iranian people or their freedom. if you did than you wouldnt give saddam so much of your chemical/biological weapons killing thousands of our soldiers. You guys even dropped a nuclear bomb in japan!. Just to let you know USA also lost in vietnam which lasted 14 years and you still couldnt beat them.

Don't forget Mehran... America didn't attack Japan first. And as far as it goes, that was the only way to end the war without millions (as opposed to thousands being killed by the bomb) being killed on both sides.

You have stated many times before about Russia and China...well they don't give 2 nuts about Iran. A US and Iranian war would be profitable to both Russia and the USA. As far as the Chinese and Russian governments are concerned, Iran isn't worth war with the USA. Don't forget, even though China is coming close to being an economic superpower, they won't take over the USA militarily for quite some years, if at all.

And trust me, Iran may hold off in defence but they would never come close to actually attacking the USA and toppling them. The firepower behind the US army would most likley mean that Iran's nuclear sites would be in rubble before they even knew that there were planes coming.

Sorry Mehran but you are making out Iran to be ALOT more powerful than they actually are. Been watching Iranian propaganda?

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 11:14 PM
link   
damn, they always edit my favorite comment...oh well

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 11:25 PM
link   

1980-88 was 30 years ago? What kind of calander are you using?
Umm actually the Soviets provided the stuff needed for Iraq to have Chemical Weapons, and Iran had their own in that war as well.

We didn't give Saddam any of our Bio weapons. In fact I am certain that the US NEVER GAVE any weapons to anyone.

Iran had all their military equipment from the US and Israel. We even supplied you after the war. Why do you ignore this whenever you talk about Iran v Iraq war?

Why won't you answer my earlier post about the airplane? I really don't think you are here to do anything other then troll. Is this true? Are you simply ken or Iranian Monitor from another message board?

[edit on 18-3-2006 by scarecrow19d]

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 11:27 PM
link   
It is hard to believe some of these Americans.

Ahmadenijad has ALREADY called the US bluff.

Oh House of Straw!

What is the US waiting on? Why have they not attacked by now?

Do any of you rabid American Nationalists have the answer?

What is the US waiting on?

Has not Ahmadenijad said to you "bring it on"? Echoing that monosyllabic pattern, of your Great Stuttering Leader?

Why the wait??

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Do you have any proof from reliable sources that US supplied Saddam's Iraq with those chemical weapons used effectively against your army? What's more, US even supplied Iran with TOW missiles so as to free the hostages held by Iran. And what does your army consist of at that time? Childrens who dont even understand what war is? Childrens who are send in waves to clear mine fields?

And you said US lost in vietnam. Well, not militarily as far as i know. US won virtually every conflicts against the Viet Cong. The US "lost" because a few years after the peace treaty is signed in Paris, North Vietnam violated and invaded the South. The communists won because they broke an accord, not because they are suprerior to US forces. And the main reason why US did not stay in vietnam is because, as stated, not recieving support from their own people. And you think the US people are going to demostrate in the street holding signs saying "IRAN loves peace", "No War with a peace-loving country"? Take into account of what many Americans think after the 9/11, and the threats made by your current president.

And I know that Viet Cong likes to use women and children in combat too. They will go into the combat zone at night to slit the throats of injured GI who are lying helplessly while waiting for reinforcements.

And do you think Iran, who spends not even a fraction of US's defense budget on thier SAM(USSR style), going to defeat the invasion party? Not unless with God's intervention. Oh I forgot, they got very loyal Iranians, so loyal that they turn blind to facts, willing to sit in front of their computers spreading their messages of "peace and love".

[edit on 19-3-2006 by NotheRaGe]

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by brEaDITOR
Please note that the original source is the DOD. I'm sorry, but I don't believe a d*mn thing the US government says about anything.

LOL, what source would you willfully provide…?

Originally posted by brEaDITOR
In my neck of the woods, recruiters are having a hard time finding people dumb enough to volunteer to be blown up by the Iraqis.

You are insulting, period. Your opinion is noted as is your full lack of any supporting information.

mg

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 01:07 AM
link   

..... You guys nor your government care about the iranian people or their freedom.

Please define "you guys" before I comment on your statment.

mg

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by pRoPhEcY
It is hard to believe some of these Americans.

Ahmadenijad has ALREADY called the US bluff.

Oh House of Straw!

What is the US waiting on? Why have they not attacked by now?

Do any of you rabid American Nationalists have the answer?

What is the US waiting on?

Has not Ahmadenijad said to you "bring it on"? Echoing that monosyllabic pattern, of your Great Stuttering Leader?

Why the wait??

I have an answer, and its not that were scared. Did you ever think that the US isnt just a big lummox looking to attack everyone. Its not like we enjoy going out and getting our people mad at our politicians because we go start random crap. At least we're giving Iran a chance before we go in.

And to your comments on how your mighty shoulder fired missiles will destroy a lot of american planes....we have a solution...lots and lots and lots of THESE!!!!!

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by pRoPhEcY

Perhaps political weight is gained by those in "need" via attempts at poor rhetoric and 'anti' platforming rather than actuation through fruition...eh?

mg

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join