It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US fears defeat in Iran war

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 10:06 PM
link   
what a joke that is, our sattilghts in space, our high tech subs,ships,lasers,and the like with our allies we would wipe them off the planet, but like TRUE AMERICAN and alot of others like him preferre not to go to war, like iran would provoke to do so, cause his religion tells him so he is in the promised land.

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719
I always wondered whatever happened to Baghdad Bob. He was a funny guy.

I think if I understand correct he was the propaganda officer of Saddam right?
I think he is working for Americans now

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nakash
err... no, Iran would be toppled overnight, but nobody is going to start a war over ridiculously flimsy reasons. Shows how different the West is than the Islamic world which given military superiority would try to wipe out everyone it hates.

Iran or Persia was has not historically been Muslim nor a Theocracy.

Persia converted to Islam as Arab nations attached/invaded Persia trying to force their religion and boy did they succedd!
not funny really but I hope you see the humer.

any way read the history here:

Iran history look for Arab Invasion

I am quoting you again:
"Shows how different the West is than the Islamic world which given military superiority would try to wipe out everyone it hates."

I completly agree with you. Iran is still mainly suffering from this. After all this is exactly how Islam came to Iran.

read my link

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by a bird
what a joke that is, our sattilghts in space, our high tech subs,ships,lasers,and the like with our allies we would wipe them off the planet, but like TRUE AMERICAN and alot of others like him preferre not to go to war, like iran would provoke to do so, cause his religion tells him so he is in the promised land.

I don't know if any one care or not. but there are a lot an by lot I mean millions of Iranians who are not radical. quite contrary they are what a western person would call: "westernised" !!! any way these perfectly normal "INNOCENT" human beings who live almost in slavery in Iran will be a lot worse of if they survive the fallout.

If Muslim make Ameriaca commit a crime like this, then Human Rights wont have a meaning in the World.

My 2 cents anyways.

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 11:11 AM
link   
hopefully the usa will attack iran so it can be defeated, ever heard of a sunburn anit-ship missile? described as the most lethal missile in the world today. nothing the usa has got can stop one of these babies, should any superior american carrier battlegroups come within its 100mile range, good bye battlegroup.

www.rense.com...

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by david_brent
ever heard of a sunburn anit-ship missile? described as the most lethal missile in the world today. nothing the usa has got can stop one of these babies, should any superior american carrier battlegroups come within its 100mile range, good bye battlegroup.

www.rense.com...

Excuse me but the U.S. carrier battle groups will simply stay outside of this missilles 100 mile range. This might sound simplistic but, nevertheless, the "sunburn anti-ship missile" is easily thwarted. As far as the U.S. goes, the Americans have a variety of weapons whose range is much, much further and, unlike some of the newly developed Iranian weapon systems, the American weapon systems have been tested in battle.

Regardless, I hope that the U.S. does not attack Iran. I hope and pray that there is no war in Iran. And I pray that cooler heads prevail -- on both sides -- so that diplomacy does not break down but, instead, works towards resolution. Perhaps if both sides could drop their respective nationalistic fervor and accept that war is not the answer. Sabre rattling and militaristic intimidation is not an avenue that would really benefit either side. What would help is for Iran to be honest in their nuclear intent.

On the American side, perhaps the U.S. could work toward assisting the Iraniians in developing a peaceful nuclear program ..... but isn't this a difficult pill to swallow? After all, Iran's leadership did publicly announce that they intended to destroy the state of Israel.

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jajabinks
I think the US would lose in a war vs Iran, and they know this, and thats why they are not contemplating any kind of military action vs Iran. Some of the American people in this forum keep saying that the US can just launch a few measily air strikes on Iran's nuclear facilities and be done with it..and then we can all just sit around and asses to what extent their alledged WMD program has been set back and maybe they'll give the insurgents in Iraq a little more help and thats it.
WRONG!
In reality if the US launches air-strikes vs Iran, Iran will immediatly launch it's own ballistic missiles at US bases, and with 13X,000 troops on 100's of bases, and many thousands more 'contractors' in Iraq..they will have many targets in missile range, and these missiles will kill many people..the US could then launch more air-strikes but be assured Iran has sophesticated anti-ship missiles that will cause a great deal of damage and to US shipping. They can also immediatly export to Iraq missiles like the SA-16 with the insurgents don't currently have in large numbers..If they are to get many of these many more US helicopters will be lost in Iraq..The US will be in a war of attrition, on top of the war of attrition that it is already in, and it would be forced to cease-fire early before sustaining additional damage, even though the US itself inflicted damage.

Then some Amercans in the forum think, well then we could just nuke em..
WRONG!
The US would be in no political or strategic position to deploy nuclear bombs..Once millions of Iranians are killed, well there would still be millions and millions more still alive..and they would be very angry and so would many other muslims and even non-muslims..at that point an American city suddenly goes up in a mushroom cloud..the bomb could have been delivered by a small boat, or snuck in on a small jet or on a cruise-missile, possible even shipping crate..who knows who did it.. but people would say enough and the nuclear game stopped..the President and his staff know this so they would never enter into a nuclear contest with Iran and they would be forced to suspend their war of attrition first.

Agreed! Most likely the jets that took off from carriers would come back to an empty sea. Iran has armed itself with Russia's most advanced anti-ship missiles. Not only would the fleet in the persian gulf be sunk but any shipping of oil to the west would also be stopped. Eventually America would run dry and eventually be in a state of complete chaos. Thats why your american goverment is building all those concentration camps for its people. It is preparing for your revolt, your riots etc.. If your american all you can do is sit back and wait for your country to fall apart. It will happen, even your own goverment thinks so.

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Listen to the arrogant Amerikkkans!

Sher, you'll just obliterate Iran, no problem.

And since Iran is now in control of Iraq, watch what happens when you launch your terrorists attacks against Iran.

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by proprog

Originally posted by bigx01
shoulder fired rockets like
those are bringing apachee's down left and right in iraq

could not resist to post a couple more pix of this AA missile in action:

KEEP IT REAL

you do realize that the bottom picture is totally unrelated to the other four, right? the top four are of a patriot missile intercepting another missile.

i dont know if you put this together intentionally or were accidentally duped into it, but a little more research might be in order next time.

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I think we can all agree Iran will be summarily crushed if it attempts something. Iraq is the template, first we will bankrupt that dump, then we will fund division inside Iran, then we will destroy the infrastructure needed for war via our undefeatable airforce which Iran will cower in fear at, next we will occupy every single house just like we did in Iraq. Iran will *NEVER* lift a finger against America, that I guaranty. Now work for peace instead of listening to the delusional Mullahs. That or Tehran Bob will have to be more creative than Baghdad Bob.

By the way- we aren't leaving Iraq in case you didn't notice, there is no withdrawal (that's BS fed to weaklings who want out of our new puppet state). We are staying and building bases. So much for Iran controlling Iraq.

[edit on 3-4-2006 by Nakash]

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 05:22 PM
link   

hopefully the usa will attack iran so it can be defeated, ever heard of a sunburn anit-ship missile? described as the most lethal missile in the world today. nothing the usa has got can stop one of these babies, should any superior american carrier battlegroups come within its 100mile range, good bye battlegroup.

www.rense.com...

The US does not need to 'show-off' its weapons to the world to prove anything. Rather, the Iranian people must convince their leaders to return to the world of the sane and start complying with international law. Anything less will not be tolerated.

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 09:10 PM
link   

I think we can all agree Iran will be summarily crushed if it attempts something. Iraq is the template, first we will bankrupt that dump, then we will fund division inside Iran, then we will destroy the infrastructure needed for war via our undefeatable airforce which Iran will cower in fear at, next we will occupy every single house just like we did in Iraq. Iran will *NEVER* lift a finger against America, that I guaranty. Now work for peace instead of listening to the delusional Mullahs. That or Tehran Bob will have to be more creative than Baghdad Bob.

By the way- we aren't leaving Iraq in case you didn't notice, there is no withdrawal (that's BS fed to weaklings who want out of our new puppet state). We are staying and building bases. So much for Iran controlling Iraq.

Ha!! Look at the pride the Amerikkkan takes in his depravity.

Oh, House of Straw! What are you waiting for?

Jad has said to you, bring it on!

What are you waiting for, Oh House of Straw?

Iran does not control Iraq? Then why is your government initiating talks with Iran, eh?

72% of your soldiers claim the US should leave Iraq.

The Great Black African Statesman Nelson Mandela knew your Great Stuttering Drunken Fool Leader was without foresight and initiating a Holocaust in Iraq, in which you take great pride.

You have the sorrow of being what you are.

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant

ever heard of a sunburn anit-ship missile? described as the most lethal missile in the world today. nothing the usa has got can stop one of these babies, should any superior american carrier battlegroups come within its 100mile range, good bye battlegroup.

www.rense.com...

Excuse me but the U.S. carrier battle groups will simply stay outside of this missilles 100 mile range. This might sound simplistic but, nevertheless, the "sunburn anti-ship missile" is easily thwarted. As far as the U.S. goes, the Americans have a variety of weapons whose range is much, much further and, unlike some of the newly developed Iranian weapon systems, the American weapon systems have been tested in battle.

Regardless, I hope that the U.S. does not attack Iran. I hope and pray that there is no war in Iran. And I pray that cooler heads prevail -- on both sides -- so that diplomacy does not break down but, instead, works towards resolution. Perhaps if both sides could drop their respective nationalistic fervor and accept that war is not the answer. Sabre rattling and militaristic intimidation is not an avenue that would really benefit either side. What would help is for Iran to be honest in their nuclear intent.

On the American side, perhaps the U.S. could work toward assisting the Iraniians in developing a peaceful nuclear program ..... but isn't this a difficult pill to swallow? After all, Iran's leadership did publicly announce that they intended to destroy the state of Israel.

of course you could just stay out of the 100 mile range, but that would mean you couldnt even be able to enter the persian gulf , to enter or leave the gulf you would have to go thru the strait of hormuz which is only about 45 miles wide. is'nt there american warships in the gulf right now?. And what does Israel have to do with anything, why should the west die for israel?. Israel has a massive stockpile of nukes, and isnt part of any international treaty, why is that?

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant

www.rense.com...

of course you could just stay out of the 100 mile range, but that would mean you couldnt even be able to enter the persian gulf , to enter or leave the gulf you would have to go thru the strait of hormuz which is only about 45 miles wide. is'nt there american warships in the gulf right now?. And what does Israel have to do with anything, why should the west die for israel?. Israel has a massive stockpile of nukes, and isnt part of any international treaty, why is that?

I point out that U.S. ships wouldn't necessarily have to be in the Persian Gulf to strike at Iran. The U.S. could readily attack Iran, with impunity, from far off. The U.S. could launch attacks from carrier groups, from land bases -- even from the U.S. mainland.

As for American ships in the Gulf, these ships have been patrolling and intercepting ships that could possibly be carrying "contraband" weapons. These ships, for the most part, are destroyers and even U.S. Coast Guard cutters which have been on station in the Gulf along with a myriad of military vessels from a number of countries. Granted, these ships would be vulnerable to the new Iranian anti-ship missiles but, as been mentioned repeatedly, a war with Iran would not be the comparative "cakewalk" that the "active war" with Iraq had been. Losses would be expected but not the proposed loss of a Carrier Battle Group.

In addition, we are not taking into account the devastating pounding that Iranian military bases, infrastructure and "command and control" establishments would take from American Air power and missile forces. While individual units would survive, Iran's ability to make a concerted effort to attack Gulf shipping and military vessels would be surely hampered or even negated.

The greatest threat that Iran would pose would be against oil tankers but, one must consider that every tanker sunk would be an economic loss that Iran directly would sustain. Keep in mind that American oil supplies are not entirely dependent upon the Middle East. Yes, the American economy would suffer but, then, we are talking about war. The U.S. economy suffered during WWI and WWII and, nevertheless, the U.S. survived and rebounded. If anything, this would probably propel U.S. industry to research and develop alternative energy sources with greater urgency.

As for Israel.... Yes, I agree that Israel has never been a part of the world community's control of nuclear weapons. But, at the same time, Israel has never acknowledged possession of nuclear weapons either. It is merely conjecture that Israel has nuclear weapons. Personally, I believe that Israel does, indeed, have nuclear weapons but I would like to point out that Israel has never openly threatened any other nation with annihilation as has Iran.

And why would the U.S. go to war to protect Israel? That's an easy question to answer. The U.S. would go to war to protect Great Britain, Germany, France, etc. for the very same reason that the U.S. would got to war to protect Israel. Israel is a "friend" and, of course, the U.S. has treaties with Israel. It is as simple as that. Heretofore, the threat of American power has helped Israel to survive as a state against the overwhelming numbers that are poised to attack and destroy Israel as a state and against the millions of simple common citizens of Israel.

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 04:24 AM
link   
wow...this thread should of been over a couple of pages ago...us dosent want war..too costly and people will die...iran doesnt want war cause they will lose....nough said..end this silly topic
...but if so continue to make us laugh please..if not anything else....BTW everyone check out the Debate going on right now!

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Don't ask the mods to close the thread, I'm still hearing about how mighty Iran will defeat America and how we didn't conquer Iraq but are in the airport with all the Jihadis after us. Keep it comin', I really miss Baghdad Bob

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I applaud Iran for trying to stand as tall as possible in defence of its Internal and External polices no matter how much I disagree with them. But surely its not only the US's emence might but also it's active Nato allies and support system. Before any significant force landed the Air assets would have pounded thousands of targets multiple times. Abandon the Nuke's and Terrorism and all will be fine again. None needs another War.IMO.

[edit on 6-4-2006 by VType]

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Don't ask the mods to close the thread, I'm still hearing about how mighty Iran will defeat America and how we didn't conquer Iraq but are in the airport with all the Jihadis after us. Keep it comin', I really miss Baghdad Bob

Who is it that is saying the US did not "conquer" Iraq?

Certainly not I.

Of course, you are not in the airport.

You are far too busy liberating the "haji's" from your CIA asset.

Just as you liberated the "gooks".

Just as you liberated the little babies in Kuwait who were tossed out of the incubators by the dreaded Ba'athists!

No, wait, I am sorry.

You LIED about that, didn't you? That was a LIE, told by "Nayirah", the teary-eyed 15 year-old daughter of a Kuwaiti ambassador to the US, whom the US claimed was a volunteer hospital worker. What was her real name?

And who could forget the riveting testimony of "Dr. Ebrahim"? The dentist who claimed to be a doctor, also a teary-eyed witness to infanticide.

Give them both the Great Gold Statue known as "Oscar".

And see how the Great Amerikan Leader, George Abu Stuttering Drunken Fool, tells these LIES to the "troops", knowing full well that they are LIES?

So the NEW great big lie, the UP-TO-DATE and CURRENT great big lie IS

We must protect our friends, those who cleave to the great goyim nipple for their very lives, from the PsychoMullah's.

The Jaws of a Trap, Oh Great Teller of Lies.

The Jaws of a Trap, indeed.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by pRoPhEcY
We must protect our friends, those who cleave to the great goyim nipple for their very lives, from the PsychoMullah's.

I have NO idea what that means, but I love it. Very creative writing indeed.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 11:05 PM
link   

of course you could just stay out of the 100 mile range, but that would mean you couldnt even be able to enter the persian gulf , to enter or leave the gulf you would have to go thru the strait of hormuz which is only about 45 miles wide. is'nt there american warships in the gulf right now?.

Why do many people seem to feel like a Carrier Battle Group has to move right next to a country's coastline to project force? CBG's fight from a distance, with the carriers protected by the rest of the battle group. If I am not mistaken the USN lauched airsorties against Afganistan, what makes people think they cannot do the same against Iran and still stay at a distance?

As for controlling the Gulf and strait of Hormuz, why couldn't the USAF with it's unsinkable "aircraft carriers" do the same job with less risk than a CBG sitting cramped in such a small area.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join