It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive and Cheap Energy from Hydrogen, Quantum Mechanics wrong?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I didn't see this subject discussed after doing a search. I read that Randell Mills has discovered a new source of energy using hydrogen as reported in The Financial Times March 10th, 2006. He is a medical student who changed professions and became a physicist. He claims the textbook ideas of how the atom is put together is wrong and has discovered a process of clean, cheap energy. His ideas are being taken seriously by getting published in research journals I've read.

His theory is that basically hydrogen atoms can be mixed with other elements and heated and cause a release of energy over 100 times that of combustion. Fuel would be as plentiful as the water found all over our planet. More independent tests are being conducted to further test his theories. He has received as much as 50 million dollars of investments in his Blacklight Power company from those who apparently believe in his ideas. This data is from the Financial Times.

A link I found among many, www.guardian.co.uk...

Should we get ready for an end to oil as an energy source and do you believe this will prove to be an important discovery?

I'm reading on the link above that his theory allows the electron to go into a closer orbit around the proton and release an enormous amount of energy. The Financial Times mentions something about a sphere of electrical energy around the proton which doesn't make as much sense to me. If someone would like to describe this theory a little bit better, I'm interested.

I read on the link I provided above that the new company plans on producing a heater using the technology within 4 years. One professor calculates that the new energy source would cost as little as 1.2 cents per kilowatt hour as opposed to 5 cents for coal and 6 cents for nuclear.

[edit on 18-3-2006 by orionthehunter]

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 02:33 PM
link   
A Google Search of Randell Mills turns up a string of promises by Mills to produce working models of his claims, but very little in the way of action. His debunkers are plentiful and Mills always counters with examples of past breakthroughs that were resisted by the mainstream. However, in the case of Mills, to my knowledge, he has failed to produce anything that proves his hydrocatalysis.

As one critic put it:

Mills' genius is in how he places the burden of proof on those out to debunk his claims, rather than himself. If you're a physicist claiming his theories are impossible, he'll counter with tales of scientists who've said other past breakthroughs were impossible. The lure here is of greed, and of owning the indispensible invention that changes the world. No one is completely beyond the reach of that lure, and it's nearly impossible to prove that some breakthrough will never happen (not with the kinds of technilogical change we've seen in our lifetimes).

mistersnitch.blogspot.com

Blacklight Power Inc.

[edit on 2006/3/18 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Mills always counters with examples of past breakthroughs that were resisted by the mainstream.

Run away! Anytime you get some dude who counters challenges to his "everything you know is wrong" theories with, "I'm just being persecuted like Galileo," you should run away. These folks come into the media every few years, we hear about how their idea will turn over everything we thought we knew, we hear about how a practical device (car, heater, toaster, whatever) is in the works, and then nothing.

And if we ask why, well - it must've been some conspiracy. Heaven forbid we consider that the science wasn't really science. That it didn't actually work and wasn't able to be replicated by ANYONE.

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Mills is one of several scientists who founded BlackLight Power, the link Grady posted. I took a look at some of their scientific claims back when I first joined ATS, and I came to the conclusion that the 'science' behind his power generation scheme is not valid. BlackLight Power has been discussed before on ATS, and, in my opinion, fairly solidly debunked.

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I've seen a video a while back about Stanley Meyer who had a device producing nitrogen unexplainable by normal hydrolysis.
He shows an old version working in the video since he's a bit paranoid about camera's pointing at his device. But, it was amazing nonetheless because the nitrogen pours off in gigantic amounts with a powerinput of less than half an amp.

Video is called Equinox - It Runs on Water - Overunity (Free Energy Broadcast 1995 - MPG1_Recode).XviD.avi

stanleymeyer.com...
www.rexresearch.com...

and 2 video's from the site:

stanleymeyer.com...
stanleymeyer.com...

[edit on 19-3-2006 by Shroomery]

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Don't know if any of the links above mentioned this, I'm a bit busy so I could'nt look at them.

Anyways, theres something called Brown's gas or something like that, anyways it sounds like what this guy is saying, a version of Hydrogen that has lots of uses, that can superheat elements by mixing with them.

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I'm hoping there might be something to Mills theories and that it could displace oil as an energy source. Of course if that looked likely one might argue that there is a lot of money backing the oil interests and they would simply buy him out. I guess he would win if his interest is only money. I read that his theories have not been knocked out yet and several independent tests have confirmed parts of his ideas. I wonder if something like this actually worked, if the knowledge would be released to the public. There has to be something there IMO to get $50 million dollars.

I don't know who they partnered with to build prototypes but if this is for real, it might take some time for others to get involved to actually build something we can all see with only about 25 scientists working at Blacklight IMO. I didn't realize they were promising new discoveries in chemicals and many other fields.

www.blacklightpower.com...#

I enjoyed reading the comment I think it was from Mills who said something like I don't know why they think I'm nuts when I say the dark matter of the universe may be actually in a lower energy state of hydrogen while they say the dark energy might be found in another dimension.

[edit on 20-3-2006 by orionthehunter]

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I'm sure that the oil industry can pay for an army of debunkers to shoot down and demonize anybody they don't like.

Do you know that Exxon still hasn't paid court levied fines from the Valdez oil spill yet that happened in Alaska??

Talk about chutzpa!!

Guess who is really running the world these days folks!

top topics

join