It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ireland, will legalize sheep dung in coffee

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Just when you think you heard it all, would you like cream, sugar and a little bit of poop in your coffee.

Funny I had posted a thread about crazy American laws today.

www.news.com.au...
Snip ~~

WITH the stroke of a legislative pen, the Irish Republic intends to shrug off centuries of colonial rule when it abolishes thousands of bizarre laws dating back to the first English invasion.

The laws that will go include such gems as the denial of a citizen's right to spike coffee with sheep dung, the burning of witches at the stake and entertaining crowds with tiger fights.

[edit on 18/3/2006 by Sauron]

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Well that's why I'm proud to be a Canadian

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Being an Irish man my self I have to think that the British troops where being feed it by the Irish, so the made it against the law

But then again some of the Irish are a crazy lot.

[edit on 18/3/2006 by Sauron]

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 12:17 AM
link   
hey, sheep dung is probably better than cotton seed oil which is placed in our food here (can humans digest cotton? It's in our food....all of it) or aspartame which eats holes in your brain and causes cancer. Thankyou for the warning though, I'll stick with South American coffee.

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 05:32 PM
link   
There's a type of cheese in the Netherlands that gets both its flavor and green color from dung, but I don't remember the animal involved. It's either sheep dung or goat dung. I do know where to find the book I read about this, though. It's in a public library and I'll go and look up this information if someone ever needs to do some serious research on the matter. I think they soak it for a few days in water where bags like teabags, filled with dung, have been placed, so there's no direct contact with the solid waste.

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 08:41 PM
link   
They also do the same crap with wine in some places- can't wait for it to ferment fast enough so they throw a dead animal in or dung. Gross.

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I thought it said decafeinated.
But it said defecated, and I am really sorry..

Ever heard of This Coffee?. Chocolate undertones, so they claim..hehe

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Looks like I'll be headed to Ireland so I can entertain people by having tigers fight burning witches drinking poop-coffee!

I'm in the money...

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 04:41 AM
link   
On Second Thought, Make That A Fresca...

And to think, I thought "Irish Coffee" just meant adding whiskey to it.

[edit on 3/19/2006 by Majic]

top topics

join